NEW GHOSTFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Len Cnut

After a couple of listens now this could be some of the strongest Ghost-Deini work I've ever heard...and thats REALLY saying something. Whats most amazing to me is how cohesive it is as a concept album, it's the first concept album where I've been able to really follow the narrative without knowing it beforehand and then going 'ah, i see!'.

Really is fuckin' brilliant, with G Rap and AZ being the other standout performers on it. It really honestly is fucking brilliant, they need to make a film out of this shit. I'm gonna go out and put my money down for this one, it deserves it.

After a couple of listens now this could be some of the strongest Ghost-Deini work I've ever heard...and thats REALLY saying something. Whats most amazing to me is how cohesive it is as a concept album, it's the first concept album where I've been able to really follow the narrative without knowing it beforehand and then going 'ah, i see!'.

Really is fuckin' brilliant, with G Rap and AZ being the other standout performers on it. It really honestly is fucking brilliant, they need to make a film out of this shit. I'm gonna go out and put my money down for this one, it deserves it.

After more listens, yeah it's great. Had no idea about the story until I heard it. Has a good flow to it. I like it better Wu's new one.

I'm starting to look at Ghost like, maybe it's time to start mentioning his name with the big dogs.

I been thinking that man. I dont think he's made a single album that aint an 8 out of 10. Can Nas say that? Or Jigga? I mean whats Ghosts worst, Bulletproof, Pretty Tone? Those are solid 8 out of 10 albums to me. Even Apollo Kids is an 8 and that was kinda thrown together, this is a 8, Supreme is a 10, Ironman is a 10, Fishscale is a 9, he literally hasn't had a career dip as far I'm concerned, he's put in work and like...really built his name and his rep, which in a way kinda makes it more valuable that the more prodigious types who just get accolades right off the man.

Ghost-Deini is the truth man, i been sayin this :)

really built his name and his rep, which in a way kinda makes it more valuable that the more prodigious types who just get accolades right off the man.

That's a big one. He's a hard working man, he earned his respect from the street to the studio, dude is hard.

I been saying for awhile he has become the Wu's best, but like you said his work really moves him past Wu to the top. He has 3 solo classics to his name and a couple of classics to his name with Wu. I still think his verse on Impossible is one of the best rap verses ever.

I have to say, maybe top 10?

My top ten would be

Rakim

Biggie

KRS One

Slick Rick

Eminem

Kane

LL Cool J

Ice Cube

Tupac

Ghost-Deini?

Here's mine without Ghost. And I swear I didn't copy half your list :lol:

Pac

Rakim

Slick Rick

Ice Cube

Eminem

Biggie

Scarface

Andre 3000

Nas

Snoop

The last 3 or so, can be moved around depending on how I feel. Yeah, I could easily swap one out and Ghost would fit right in. It's really the first time thinking about it, but I really think top 10 isn't out of the question for Tony Starks.

I dont think you copied mine either man, if you know your hip hop you simply cannot exclude Ra, KRS, Cube, Ricky D, it shows a lack of understanding of the geaneology of the MC, this is personal taste aside (though i love all those mentioned) as objectively as one can.

The injustice i did with mine was leaving out Kool G Rap. Scarface aint outta place either, never really got on with Outkast though.

Edited by Lennie Godber

Scarface aint outta place either

So fucking glad to see someone say that. Dude doesn't get near the attention he deserves. One of the best story tellers in all of rap, and he can rhyme with the best of them when he tries. See, down south, he is our guy. Like NWA and Pac are for the West, or Biggie and Nas are to NY. He's one of those hard working dudes like Ghost is too.

So fucking glad to see someone say that. Dude doesn't get near the attention he deserves. One of the best story tellers in all of rap, and he can rhyme with the best of them when he tries. See, down south, he is our guy. Like NWA and Pac are for the West, or Biggie and Nas are to NY. He's one of those hard working dudes like Ghost is too.

You're from the South? But yeah Scarface is mean, original Southern rapper...and he's humble with it too, when all that king of the south shit was kicking off with Tip and them he was just like 'yous can be king of the south, i dont need it'.

He's like Treach or Keith Murray, perennially slept on.

You're from the South? But yeah Scarface is mean, original Southern rapper...and he's humble with it too, when all that king of the south shit was kicking off with Tip and them he was just like 'yous can be king of the south, i dont need it'.

He's like Treach or Keith Murray, perennially slept on.

Born and raised, where were you thinking? Yeah Scarface never really was about the fame and charts and all that. And people forget, Geto Boys weren't too far behind NWA with the whole gangsta rap thing, one of the first.

Waaaaaay off topic from Ghost but Scarface put out an album a few years ago, supposed to be his last solo album, you should check that out, it's a really solid record. And if it's his last, it very fitting.

And don't get me started on Treach. One of the best flows of all time. Love that guy. He gets respect in the rap world, but dude is over looked big time.

Edited by J Dog

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...