Talks under way to make Reckless Road into a movie. Marc Canter confirms it will not be a documentary.

Well honestly if they needed an actor to play Axl I'd give my vote to Jared Leto.

If Axl had nothing to do with the book how the hell do they make a GnR related movie without GnR music. No chance Axl lisences the musci to thsi project is there? haha

If it's an actual film I can't see Axl not trying to stop it.

Well he couldn't do a thing about it if they did not use GN'R's music.

Yeah but how DUMB would that be? A Guns N' Roses movie wth no Guns N Roses music :lol:

Yeah but how DUMB would that be? A Guns N' Roses movie wth no Guns N Roses music :lol:

They can use Velvet Revolver songs :awesomeface:

• Like 1

They can use Velvet Revolver songs :awesomeface:

Haha!! ZING!

I would like to play Axl Rose. I have the same look, I'm 24 years. 170cm and 60kg. I have long blond hair. Almost same face, I'm perfekt for this Axl Rose movie character.

And I can sing :-) but it doesn't sound like Axl Rose :-( more like Bret Michaels

I have never liked the idea of a GN'R movie. I never liked it when it was first mooted in the late '90s and Kevin Bacon's name was being thrown about as a possible Axl. I just think it will be shite.

It would be so hard to pull off but if done right it could be amazing. The actors would have to be perfect and it would have to be an honest take. It couldn't just be a flat out attack on how shitty Axl was to work with, it would have to be unbiased for it to be enjoyable. If done right though it could be really good along the lines of CASH. But what would likely happen is we'd get some cheasy shitty version of Rockstar(a movie I like by the way)

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/209682-jimi-all-is-by-my-side-2013/

Haha how dumb. A Hendrix movie with no Hendrix music. Lame.

I really wish this would get the proper treatment it deserves (just like the book should have gotten), but it'll end up being just Marc and few other guys (none of whom are in the band) just discussing the old days, with still photographs, some video, and zero GNR music-- because Axl will never allow Marc to use GNR music.

• Like 2

IMBECILES! This will destroy the legacy Axl has build up with the new band and the overwhelming expectation for the next record that the band and management have carefully build up will be squandered! This passive agressiveness from Marc is what makes Axl's blood boil. How can we not be furious at Marc for fueling his own agenda and misusing Axl's trust and goodwill?!?!?! #blessedlife

:lol:

I really wish this would get the proper treatment it deserves (just like the book should have gotten), but it'll end up being just Marc and few other guys (none of whom are in the band) just discussing the old days, with still photographs, some video, and zero GNR music-- because Axl will never allow Marc to use GNR music.

So true. Well, at least when they make a movie/documentary about NuGNR.... oh wait.

• Like 1

IMBECILES! This will destroy the legacy Axl has build up with the new band and the overwhelming expectation for the next record that the band and management have carefully build up will be squandered! This passive agressiveness from Marc is what makes Axl's blood boil. How can we not be furious at Marc for fueling his own agenda and misusing Axl's trust and goodwill?!?!?! #blessedlife

If I'm involved in a guns n roses project, then you know I have their backs. There is a great story about the birth of the band which I was very much involved in. This has nothing to do with where the band is today. The history is very important and thats why Axl was the one who was most supportive of me documenting what they were doing when thay first started out. The people I'm working with are the best ones to do this project. There is so much detail in the way it all came together that tells the killer rock n' roll story of the best band around. Why hide it? I have all the resorses to help make it right.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 2