Talks under way to make Reckless Road into a movie. Marc Canter confirms it will not be a documentary.

The people that are working on it also are working on a lot of different movies but I think they have 18 months to start making it. I think they will start really looking into it in a few months.

"Really looking into it" is Axl producing this!?

Jk best of luck on this project. I really hope it is a smooth process and you get the movie you want and the fans deserve! Thanks for taking the time to post here and bring this story to millions of fans around the world.

• Like 4

The people that are working on it also are working on a lot of different movies but I think they have 18 months to start making it. I think they will start really looking into it in a few months.

are you giving up all access to whatever is in your vault for this project?

are you giving up all access to whatever is in your vault for this project?

I really don't see them needing video for this because its not a doc. but some of the old audio would be very cool if they need it. I will help in any way I can to make it a killer project.

• Like 1

It sounds like Reckless Road has a two year "option," in Hollywood terms. So whomever is involved in this project has 18 months left to begin production or the rights expire and Marc has to find other people interested in making the movie.

Since he's being so mum about who is involved, I'm going to assume he thinks that by dropping names, he'd be putting them in an awkward position and hurt the chances of a GN'R movie. But I'd bet my bottom dollar that it's just producers at this point. I would be surprised if a director was lined up with no finished script.

Hollywood buys up ideas like they're going out of style. Books, magazine articles, spec scripts, etc. The ratio of ideas to movies is staggering. I'd say that outside of everything, there is a good chance that no movie will ever get made.

.....but I hope I'm wrong. A Guns movie, a good Guns movie, would be stupendous.