Talks under way to make Reckless Road into a movie. Marc Canter confirms it will not be a documentary.

Sounds fucking horrendous :rofl-lol:

I loved Reckless Road, and enjoy Canter Banter for Marcs valuable insights, but seriously I can't imagine watching a movie about GNR. I expect it to be more cringeworthy than an episode of The Office (UK version). Some bad actors pretending to be Axl, Izzy, Slash etc.

I'm surprised it's getting such a positive reaction to be honest, guess it's just because Marc posts here? From reading Marcs comments in Canter Banter about his now non-existant relationship with Axl, it sounds like there is a zero percent chance of any unreleased GNR audio or video being included in this movie, unless he's rebuilt bridges with Axl, so I see no value in this at all. What am I missing?

No-one gave a shit about hearing the first ever real studio recordings of Axl (see the failed Rapidfire kickstarter), so I don't get why fans are so positive about this?

I don't mean any disrespect to Marc, his book is awesome and I appreciate his being here. Guess I just need more information before I jump on Marcs nutsack like the rest of you :lol: Promise us that unreleased GNR video will be included and I'll jump aboard like everyone else :D

• Like 1

Nobody should be worried about this not translating well. It's just a story of how one of the biggest rock bands of all time came together, this will be awesome for people to see.

It might be weird for us bc we still spend everyday talking about these guys and seeing someone else play them will feel like a joke, but it will bring a lot of fans back to the band I think. It's a story that most people don't know and with Marc's insight I'm glad this is being done with him and not someone else.

Guns N Roses is an iconic band that deserves something like this.

• Like 1

No one has been cast at this point but I would expect to see a few A list people in the cast. Just working on the perfect script. Then they will move on to the next step and yes, it will bring in a whole new slew of fans and sell a shit load of records for the band. Also the band will do well on the music used for the movie.

• Like 3

Marc, Axl withdrew from Reckless Road The Book once you decided to release the thing, and now is personally estranged from you. What makes you believe Axl will green light Reckless Road The Movie, a much bigger commercial undertaking? I am not have a go here and being unduly negative; I simply cannot see any other reaction from W. Axl Rose than a strongly worded, veto.

• Like 1

Marc, Axl withdrew from Reckless Road The Book once you decided to release the thing, and now is personally estranged from you. What makes you believe Axl will green light Reckless Road The Movie, a much bigger commercial undertaking? I am not have a go here and being unduly negative; I simply cannot see any other reaction from W. Axl Rose than a strongly worded, veto.

If the film is a success then Axl would stand to make a lot of money without having to do any work, plus it might also might help ticket sales for another GnR tour. So you never know, even though he was opposed to the book, the idea of a film might appeal to him

If the film is a success then Axl would stand to make a lot of money without having to do any work, plus it might also might help ticket sales for another GnR tour. So you never know, even though he was opposed to the book, the idea of a film might appeal to him

Yes but if Axl had released CD in 2001 it might have been a success. If he had held onto buckethead and robin he might have been successful. If he had reunited it might have been successful. Axl usually shoots himself in the foot when it comes to making the correct decision.

Certainly sounds real interesting... like sports movies...I imagine it will be very hard to pull this off , just hard to replicate and depict on screen.

This certainly would lead to as you guys like to say.... #blood boiling

lol

Also the band will do well on the music used for the movie.

Hi Marc, congratulations on Reckless Road, it's awesome!

What are you planning to do with music in the movie?

This is all very exciting and hopefully you can keep us in the loop as things develop and questions arise. Good luck :)

It's a fair question.

Marc if you need someone to play Izzy just shoot me a PM, I know a guy :awesomeface:

Wasn't funny the first time you made the joke.

What sort of budget range are we looking at?

Is this a cinematic film we are looking at? Or a straight to DVD/netflix independant film?

Jared leto could play a UYI era Axl. He might be a bit old to pull of Axl in 85/86.

Its a big risk. That jimi hendrix film flopped and i thought Andre looked really great as jimi.

Edited by Axl_morris