2012 R&RHOF - Mr. Brownstone

So we already have the HBO broadcast edit of the ceremony, but it omits Mr. Brownstone with Matt on the drums. So far I've only found this pro-shot snippet of it:

Any hope to get the full song in pro-shot (and even better, in HD) ?

• Like 1

I think it wasn't aired because Billy Joe Armstrong stepped in for a few verses and he wasn't cleared to do a musical performance

I think that may be off, but I'm not sure. It wasn't aired because they weren't gonna air all 3 songs. THAT is the reason it wasn't shown on TV. They were gonna show Sweet Child, and we got lucky they also showed Paradise, which was obviously the 2nd song that HAD to air after Sweet Child for casuals. Those broadcasts never show all the songs the bands play at their induction unless it was live.

Why it was shown as a snippet online and not as the full thing? Its possible that had to do with Billie. But like I said, rarely do an artists full Hall Of Fame set come out in pro quality unless its being aired live, so I wouldn't be shocked if it was just a snippet to show a snippet.

Sorry but I really hate Miles's voice. it's just so damn annoying, so I just can't listen to anything with him in it.

Maybe Frank wants to do the songs a little different and his way. Why do the songs the same way another drummer does it?

Different GNR musicians, so they all play the songs their way. I'm sure Axl would tell them if he didn't like it. Lord knows he would.

That video had 1 too many Myles in it.

Needs Izzy on guitar to sound right without him doesn't sound right after all he created the riff.

Even if it had Izzy and Steven and they were all in their mid 20's, with Myles on vocals it would sound like puke.

Edited by combos
  • Like 2

Sorry but I really hate Miles's voice. it's just so damn annoying, so I just can't listen to anything with him in it.

Maybe Frank wants to do the songs a little different and his way. Why do the songs the same way another drummer does it?

Different GNR musicians, so they all play the songs their way. I'm sure Axl would tell them if he didn't like it. Lord knows he would.

I agree, but then this logic would suggest Axl likes DJ's playing... And that worries me.

• Like 1

Myles isn't the right fit as a singer to do justice to GnR songs. He belongs in commercial radio rock outfits like Alter Bridge and Creed. His voice blends perfectly with Tremonti's tone, but not Slash's. All in all I would've rather had Todd Kerns sing or maybe Scott if he can drop his childish antics.

• Like 1

I agree, his voice does my head in, so annoying . Adler's drumming there was great considering what's been pumped thru his body forever, done well to still be alive

Frank ferrer does it slightly different, doesn't mean it's shit , just his own way, se with the solos on gnr tracks , little tweeks arnt always a bad thing