What's "Hooray for tolerance"?

ManetsBR

A couple of people were complaining a lot (rightfully I guess) about the word filter. f*****t would change to "person" and n*****r would change to "black person".

I didn't want to deal with it at the time, but didn't want to completely ignore the issue either. So one day I just changed the filter to something dumb. It was meant to be a temporary measure until there was time to decide what to do... guess it just kind of stuck in the end. :tongue2:

I keep saying this but it's so weird you not being a mod. I'm almost afraid to talk to you, like a cold war thing y'know, anybody with a Nev or an Isky on the end of their name and it kinda makes you ill at ease :lol:

You still work for them, don't you? C'mon, you can tell me :lol: Seriously though man, it's tragic, like the time Superman fell in love with Lois but he had to give up his powers to be a human so he weren't Superman no more and instead just some gimpy looking four eyes with an Indian civil servants haircut :lol:

Can you just tell me what to do one last time, for old times sake? In that delicious authoritarian way? Could you end it with the word *locked* too? And then say 'RIVERSIDE MOTHERFUCKER!' :lol:

Oh how i miss my old Voltage :(

New voltage is better than the old one.

• Like 1

A couple of people were complaining a lot (rightfully I guess) about the word filter. f*****t would change to "person" and n*****r would change to "black person".

I didn't want to deal with it at the time, but didn't want to completely ignore the issue either. So one day I just changed the filter to something dumb. It was meant to be a temporary measure until there was time to decide what to do... guess it just kind of stuck in the end. :tongue2:

I keep saying this but it's so weird you not being a mod. I'm almost afraid to talk to you, like a cold war thing y'know, anybody with a Nev or an Isky on the end of their name and it kinda makes you ill at ease :lol:

You still work for them, don't you? C'mon, you can tell me :lol: Seriously though man, it's tragic, like the time Superman fell in love with Lois but he had to give up his powers to be a human so he weren't Superman no more and instead just some gimpy looking four eyes with an Indian civil servants haircut :lol:

Can you just tell me what to do one last time, for old times sake? In that delicious authoritarian way? Could you end it with the word *locked* too? And then say 'RIVERSIDE MOTHERFUCKER!' :lol:

Oh how i miss my old Voltage :(

New voltage is better than the old one.

5532958.jpg

Lithium is a giant hooray for tolerance! if you need an example.

Why do you have to bully me all the time? What's your problem, bro?

I was abused as a child.

I'm off to indulge in a tuna, pineapple and gherkin kebab wrap.

EDIT: hooray for tolerance!

Edited by Johnny Drama
  • Like 1

That's interesting, I had no idea. The more you learn I guess. I've never heard the word used in any other context and that's from what I know what it means in Swedish. Oh well.

As for whether it has been used since the 70's or not it clearly has since I know it. I never watch any 70's films except from The Warriors.

I stand by that I find it ridiculous to call them African Americans though. They're either Africans or Americans unless their parents are from different countries.

That's interesting, I had no idea. The more you learn I guess. I've never heard the word used in any other context and that's from what I know what it means in Swedish. Oh well.

As for whether it has been used since the 70's or not it clearly has since I know it. I never watch any 70's films except from The Warriors.

I stand by that I find it ridiculous to call them African Americans though. They're either Africans or Americans unless their parents are from different countries.

See this is where you cease making sense, I've seen you before now make a point of the fact that foreigners born in a country do not have a right to claim themselves as of that ilk and that they should be referred to by their parents place of origin...but that would be inaccurate, would it not? Cuz they ain't Africans are they? But then they ain't Americans either by your reckoning? So surely an amalgam of the two makes perfect sense?

America is different than Europe. I don't think you can become Swedish without having Swedish blood running through your veins, but the American population was conquered and almost extinguished. I don't think it's weird. In any case I kind of want to avoid race debates, last time I was here I grew kind of sick of constantly being in those kind of arguments. So although I might give my opinion on something every now and then I'm not really going to talk about it every opportunity I get any more and I think everyone will be happy with that really. :)

It's annoying. If it's something you want people to avoid using warn them when they use it and suspend them if they don't follow simple rules. Personally I don't see the big deal with either word, but if it offends others I don't really mind if they're not allowed. The word filter is annoying though. At least change it back to "black person" and "person" again.

You're wrong, Powerage, nobody likes the phrase, they are making fun of it.

I'd like to add though that I find the whole politically correct bullshit that goes on in America about what blacks are or aren't supposed to be called is ridiculous. Afro-Americans? Really? Do you call white Americans for Straight-Haired Americans? African Americans? Yeah, because you also call the white people for European Americans, right? They are either American or they aren't. I find the terms African American and Afro-American far more racist than just naming them after their skin colour.

Edit: God damn I wish I could like my own posts, because this is a great post.

You've never been in the states have you SS? :) The term Afro-American hasn't been used in 40 years, not since the '70's. :lol:

Apart from by elderly Republicans who laughably think that using the term makes them sound progressive and inclusive.

LOL, where do you live tom? They don't do that anymore either! That's what the elderly Republicans did in the '70's. :lol: I love you guys! You're making my day!

Actually SS & Tom, I was reading CNN online this past week and saw the term Afro used. I couldn't believe it. So, my apologies to you both. It has been used recently. It's wrong, but it has been used.

• Like 1

It's annoying. If it's something you want people to avoid using warn them when they use it and suspend them if they don't follow simple rules. Personally I don't see the big deal with either word, but if it offends others I don't really mind if they're not allowed. The word filter is annoying though. At least change it back to "black person" and "person" again.

You're wrong, Powerage, nobody likes the phrase, they are making fun of it.

I'd like to add though that I find the whole politically correct bullshit that goes on in America about what blacks are or aren't supposed to be called is ridiculous. Afro-Americans? Really? Do you call white Americans for Straight-Haired Americans? African Americans? Yeah, because you also call the white people for European Americans, right? They are either American or they aren't. I find the terms African American and Afro-American far more racist than just naming them after their skin colour.

Edit: God damn I wish I could like my own posts, because this is a great post.

You've never been in the states have you SS? :) The term Afro-American hasn't been used in 40 years, not since the '70's. :lol:

Apart from by elderly Republicans who laughably think that using the term makes them sound progressive and inclusive.

LOL, where do you live tom? They don't do that anymore either! That's what the elderly Republicans did in the '70's. :lol: I love you guys! You're making my day!

Actually SS & Tom, I was reading CNN online this past week and saw the term Afro used. I couldn't believe it. So, my apologies to you both. It has been used recently. It's wrong, but it has been used.

It takes a big person to apologize when they make a mistake!

Nice post!!!