Would you be happier with 1 more CD, one long interview, then it's all over?

I check here every day, hoping for some news. Question for you, would you rather continue with this uncertainty and quality of shows, or would you rather get one more CD for December with a Rolling Stone cover story and tell-all interview with Axl? After that he retires and lives his life, and we are free to live ours.

I'd be happier with just ending it. No cd, no interview.

Honestly, the only thing I'd still want to hear is the 1998-2008 stuff. Before Ashba got a chance to #ruin it. So just put that out as a box set and end this disgrace to a once amazing band.

I check here every day, hoping for some news. Question for you, would you rather continue with this uncertainty and quality of shows, or would you rather get one more CD for December with a Rolling Stone cover story and tell-all interview with Axl? After that he retires and lives his life, and we are free to live ours.

December...? I want whatever you're smoking!

I want whatever they give us, let's face it, If Axl retires... who's left? yeah, he's a bit unreliable performance wise and release wise... but he's the last of his kind, even the guys like tyler and jaggar are towing the line these days. A pure punk at heart! as many records as he can make, I love interviews... but maybe we know too much about bands these days, a little mystique never hurt led zeppelin... 40 + years later.

See, here's the thing with Axl:

An interview with him is completely slanted. Whether purposefully or because he truly thinks things happened that weren't actually happening. Maybe you'll be able to see where he's coming from with some explanation, but he could also be making himself out to look better after 20 years, since why would he want to look more like an asshole. Until he actually says he takes responsibility for some of the stuff that went down (which I've never actually heard him say) an interview is pretty pointless.

An album? Eh. I guess he has music, but if it were good enough you'd think he'd played it by now over the past 15 years. Chinese didn't persuade me that he has enough great material just sitting around, and none of these songs are current anyway. They are things that were finished way in the past so they aren't even really relevant anymore. I don't really see a benefit to another album unless he sat down now and actually had a passion to release stuff (ie. write new songs, be a main part of production, actually care about releasing a product). Otherwise, an album of leftovers seems like it can only make him look more like a clown.

It all being over would make me sad, but its basically what I've thought has been the case since CD was releasing. Its sad that NEVER since that album came out, like even the day it was released, did I ever think we'd get another album out of him. Thats how little of an interest he's shown in it. Surprise me, Axl, but I don't know what your next move could be that would make a large amount of people "happy." Ironically, probably the biggest one is the simplest thing: Just make peace with your past already.

Talk about slanted... ha!

What would he take the blame for anyway? people leaving? the break up? these are he very things he refutes consistently why would he back track now!? I love Slash, but his story has changed a lot over the years, I find it easier to believe the guy who's story stayed the same for the past 20yrs.

I agree with your point on releasing old material as new material, but... we've just seen VH release an album of old material and that worked for them (aware it was classic VH sounding but old is old!).

I think for me, park the name... leave it on the side of the road. Not dead. Then pull a Robert Plant and fire up a band that moves you a mile or more down the road. Get a band that all lives within an hour of you and enjoys jamming together in the same room. Put aside the Axl Rose megarock star... and go on about being Axl...join the band ... be a part of the band... write and record with the band... let the band do what a band does.....

I think GNR is too heavy a burden... the primear band of the late 80's and early 90's has become a stale nostagia cash cow...

Axl may have tried to move on and forward but really.. even though the fans show up to the show... its the oldies that they are there for the most part to hear. THe bread and butter is the classic line up material... and thats got to sting a bit... the world wants SCOM WTTJ NR....and if you cant deliver equal or better and certainly not vastly different... then so long.. fare thee well its been nice ( and thanks for all the fish)

Most casual fans dont give two shits about CD....Most hardcore fans tolerate it at best... others love it.... but the market said what it said about CD.......\

THe fans want a UYI 3 or an Appetite For Destruction 2. If you dont have a statement to make.. or something to say...then leave it beside the road.. who knows... may be like Zepplin you can pick it up furhter on down the road....

I dont think anyone would be shocked or even shattered in the rock world if Axl just did a PR piece and said ... Were done.. I am Done.

• Like 1

I'd be okay with that.

If GNR released a new cd in 2015 and Axl did a nice hour or more interview talking about the cd and the band and what the future holds, that would satisfy a lot of fans.

GNR could tour on a new cd for a year or 2 like other bands and by then Axl Rose would be older and hopefully wiser and decide if he wanted to continue with GNR. If not, then that would be okay as long as the band goes out on top!

I'd be okay with that.

If GNR released a new cd in 2015 and Axl did a nice hour or more interview talking about the cd and the band and what the future holds, that would satisfy a lot of fans.

GNR could tour on a new cd for a year or 2 like other bands and by then Axl Rose would be older and hopefully wiser and decide if he wanted to continue with GNR. If not, then that would be okay as long as the band goes out on top!

So in two years Axl will be wiser than he is now?

You think GnR will be "on top" of the music world after another album and tour?

Whatever material is done, finished and ready to go now. Release all of it in a boxset "The Chinese Years" or some BS. No more tinkering, no more working on it. If it isn't finished, to the can it goes.

Start afresh with new material with the new guys/cuirrent line up and go from there. In the boxset maybe something like what Thrice had with the deluxe edition of Vheissu. A page or so about each song written by the band members (in this case, just Axl please) in regards to the creation of it and behind the scenes info.

Throw in some demos or whatever for nostalgia purposes and be done with it.

This back and forth, do and re-do shit is a waste of time.

I have zero interest in hearing songs that are ten years old that have been refreshed/touched up/ruined by out of place pieces slap dicked on in the time since by guys who weren't around at the original time of creation or involved in the process.

I'm yet to hear a single song by any artist ever re-recorded and sound better than the original.

• Like 1

I think for me, park the name... leave it on the side of the road. Not dead. Then pull a Robert Plant and fire up a band that moves you a mile or more down the road. Get a band that all lives within an hour of you and enjoys jamming together in the same room. Put aside the Axl Rose megarock star... and go on about being Axl...join the band ... be a part of the band... write and record with the band... let the band do what a band does.....

He can't do that because he has a "nanny" who protects him from bad guys and people living the wild life... So he has to stay in his mansion and only write about giraffes being cut in pieces.

Do not expect Axl to truly know what he's doing/ know exactly what he wants/care about this bullshit for 100% of the time.

He'll get to it eventually, he'll release the rest of Chinese and the remix thing. He mentioned those, wants to put the focus on we're trying to get it out, but doesn't want to commit to anything. It's as simple as that really.

For some people, they want him to put the ring on the finger already and give us a release date. But with all the Chinese release shit he went through and how angry fans were for the delays after 2006, he probably won't give us a release date until he is sure not enough things can go wrong that can fuck up the release.

My guess is we're not there yet. It's done, and maybe Axl is trying to work out a deal with the label. After that happens, he'll give us a release date at the very last possible moment he can and only then it'll be out.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1