Rock In Rio III (Directv broadcast)

Absolutely horrendous. The closest I have ever came to giving up on this band permanently and the most I have ever wanted a reunion. Thanks for sharing though.

Ah, so where were you the night of the VMA debacle? On another planet, I'm assuming.

Right here appreciating that as bad as it was, at least it wasn't Rio III bad.

Absolutely horrendous. The closest I have ever came to giving up on this band permanently and the most I have ever wanted a reunion. Thanks for sharing though.

Ah, so where were you the night of the VMA debacle? On another planet, I'm assuming.

Oh, I disagree.

Not only was RIR III not that bad, it wasn't on national U.S. television.

I have to believe that next day was one of the rougher ones for GNR fans. It was for me. A bunch of calls and e-mails saying "um...what the hell was that?"

Oh, I disagree.

Not only was RIR III not that bad, it wasn't on national U.S. television.

I have to believe that next day was one of the rougher ones for GNR fans. It was for me. A bunch of calls and e-mails saying "um...what the hell was that?"

My bad. I somehow confused the VMAs with Rio 2011. The VMAs were absolutely horrible, no doubt, but they were thankfully a lot shorter than Rio III and I had already become accustomed to the fact that Axl couldn't sing anymore so they were nowhere near the letdown. I agree that it was a bigger embarrassment that he drug the freakshow onto national TV and decided that he needed to look like a retard to fit in with them though.

The build up to Jungle is absolutely unreal.

Anyway, this would've been a lot better if his voice were in better shape and there were more new songs to solidify this was a new era (sound familiar?). Great fuckin' show though. The thrill of seeing Axl back probably topped most anything that wasn't quite right.

• Like 3