Rock In Rio III (Directv broadcast)

lol, that pointless intro and cheap sound effects throughout the song. Seriously, I'm glad Axl abandoned that industrial thing he had going, Pitman sucks so much. I create more interesting sound textures and beats with Reason 5 in a kinda old laptop at my house.

Weird to see some of you ragging on the show. Just watched some songs again from the playlist and even tho the band gets a lot of shit today, you can't deny they were ON FIRE at that show. Axl's voice is kinda weak perhaps, but passable. The showmanship of the whole show and screams at LaLD are still great. The improved audio and video quality certainly improve this show for me.

• Like 1

Axl's voice was terrible. He barely could keep up with the tempo of the songs. Dude had 7 years to prepare himself for his comeback. Comes back fat and out of breath :lol: Classic Axl.

The only reason I really like this show is the nostalgia and the amazing musicianship of BH, Brain and Finck. (not Robin's best night though).

• Like 1

Its actually not a bad show at all. Its just that thats being said because everyone we've had recently has been so awful. This can't help but be better, but mainly only because he had something to prove. Even if his voice sucked, you could at least tell he wanted this to be something, which is the exact opposite of today's GNR.

Its good in retrospect, but its sad that the history of this band has deemed this a milestone because its not a great show by any stretch. Its only good because of what it is. Axl's comeback, the start of NewGNR, the last time he even resembled the Axl Rose of yesteryear.

Its better than the VMAs because it was less seen and he manages to sound better here for 2 hours than he did at the VMAs for 10 minutes.

he manages to sound better here for 2 hours than he did at the VMAs for 10 minutes.

I think he sounds equally as bad at both

By no means does he sound good. And maybe its the band that overtakes him here and covers it a bit. There's something about the VMAs that is maybe the worst thing he's ever done. Like, he's shit 100% of the time there and its the most embarrassing I've seen him. That is until we got Rio 11 and Bridge School.

• Like 1

This is by no means the best performance. Axl's voice is weak and the band is really rough... Not to mention the Mixing.

However compared to GNR 2011 and on... This is Gold. Axl, though out of singing shape puts on a hell of a performance. Not to mention the hype and excitement of Axl's first return that is filmed and broadcast. Thank You for the quality upgrade.

That Jungle intro still gives me chills, even if it was prerecorded... But the scream after the breakdown is Epic. I also love the rants and the performances of The Blues and It's So Easy. Buckethead is amazing but Finck was especially terrible that night. I remember thinking... is he really this bad

So while you see Axl plus 15 pounds with the worst rasp in recent history... it is by no means horrible compared to Bridge School, Rio 2011 or DJ Ashba playing SCOM at Golden Gods.

Edited by War2k14

I don't know if you guys have seen it before, anyway, video and audio quality is a little better than Multishow and Globo TV broadcast

Nightrain

Playlist w/ all videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLytcK3djTfzu8loj9Zv7Gw0nAu2nq70o0

Special moment for me!

I was 15 and became a fan in 1999, 2 years before!

Although I'm brazilian I was too young to attend Rock in Rio. All in all, it was the first contact EVER that I had with LIVE and/or any GNR stuff other than same old DVDs and videos, from the old era, (at least 7 years before that). It was the very first time I have seen, listened and/or felt anything coming directly from AXL ROSE even though it was through television.

When the gig started I just couldn't believe in what I was looking at - Axl exists in real life, not only in old videos!

After that night (I went to sleep at about 3AM if I'm not wrong), I taped the broadcast and replayed it every fucking day for some months, and every now and then for some years!

Edited by Todo Poderoso Timão
  • Like 1

I don't know if you guys have seen it before, anyway, video and audio quality is a little better than Multishow and Globo TV broadcast

Nightrain

Playlist w/ all videos:

Special moment for me!

I was 15 and became a fan in 1999, 2 years before!

Although I'm brazilian I was too young to attend Rock in Rio. All in all, it was the first contact EVER that I had with LIVE and/or any GNR stuff other than same old DVDs and videos, from the old era, (at least 7 years before that). It was the very first time I have seen, listened and/or felt anything coming directly from AXL ROSE even though it was through television.

When the gig started I just couldn't believe in what I was looking at - Axl exists in real life, not only in old videos!

After that night (I went to sleep at about 3AM if I'm not wrong), I taped the broadcast and replayed it every fucking day for some months, and every now and then for some years!

Hah, I became a fan as late as in 2011 so it is hard for me to place the performance in that context. It just feels weird to imagine internet didn't exist back in the scope that it is now and people hadn't heard or seen that guy in SEVEN years although he was such a massive performer in the early 90s.

• Like 1

Axl's voice was terrible. He barely could keep up with the tempo of the songs. Dude had 7 years to prepare himself for his comeback. Comes back fat and out of breath :lol: Classic Axl.

The only reason I really like this show is the nostalgia and the amazing musicianship of BH, Brain and Finck. (not Robin's best night though).

Kurt Loder seemed to LOVE it though! :lol:

Intro scream was great. Downhill from there, all the way to cringefest of the Beta speech.

Think you meant downmountain. No hill is that steep.

He really did blow it right away. People should go back and watch Jungle. He's off tempo as soon as the song starts. And his "dance moves"? :facepalm:

• Like 3

Intro scream was great. Downhill from there, all the way to cringefest of the Beta speech.

Think you meant downmountain. No hill is that steep.

He really did blow it right away. People should go back and watch Jungle. He's off tempo as soon as the song starts. And his "dance moves"? :facepalm:
At the time I didn't really know who Beta was and didn't really appreciate what a fitting end to that concert that was. The most fitting ending it could possibly have had, really. Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 2

Leave fat Axl alone! he's fat. You don't expect a fat fuck you meet on the street to do difficult things that involve the risk of being out of breath. I think Axl is one of the best, most inspired fat gingers in the world right now. The bullying ends today.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1