Rock In Rio III (Directv broadcast)

I completely ignored the fact that he was fat and with no voice back then because his performance and attitude was "I'm trying to do something with this fucking band". At least to me it was.

Then you had the master trio of nuGuns, which was Buckethead, Finck and Brain killing it with the old and new songs. I consider Rio III to be a great performance, even with Axl not being on shape.

• Like 1

The best thing that can be said about the band is that they were a perfect fit for Axl's vocals. Bucket was almost an exception to the travesty because of his talent, but his ridiculous robot dance cemented him as the perfect guitarist for that occasion. Of course, he was topped by Finck though. Axl definitely had all the right people with him that night.

Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 1

The best thing that can be said about the band is that they were a perfect fit for Axl's vocals. Bucket was almost an exception to the travesty because of his talent, but his ridiculous robot dance cemented him as the perfect guitarist for that occasion. Of course, he was topped by Finck though. Axl definitely had all the right people with him that night.

It was like GNR from another dimension. Bizarro GNR.

not a bad thing at all.

RIR_III_PIC_AXL_28_BIG.jpg

Looking more bloated since 2001.

I still remember the first time I saw that picture, like the day after the show. I lied to myself for a long time that it was just a bad angle. :lol:

I remember my dad showing me that pic in the paper and I was kinda shocked tbh. I like Axl's style though. Pimprock.

The BEST thing about all this is that I can finally watch this tearjerker in HD over-and-over again:

"...for the last 7 years" [incredibly long pause]

Poor Axl.

Watching it in higher quality. I have no doubt about it in my heart... They Banged. When Axl puts his arm around you like that, it can only mean, yep, you've been fucked by Axl.

Man even with some bloat he still had a great youthful presence. Such a waste.

I for one loved the show. Axls voice was a bit off at times, but I was super excited to hear em after a long pause and I really liked what the band did especially Brain and extra-especially Buckethead! The only thing wrong with the show was that Axl did not keep his shirt buttoned.

There was a vhs master transfer (Direct Show) on Dime a few years back. Problem was: all 150min (or so) on 4,3gb and not even outmaxed quality.

Please, king of bootlegs, find this copy for us. :)

it should be circulating (DIME is an open worldwide tracker). however the transfer is weak, weak, weak. 150min on 4gb just looks pixelated! too bad....

I think we should start a Rock in Rio IV thread.

There will probably be one in 2021 just after Rock in Rio VI where they rolled Axl on stage or delivered him on a forktruck. It will consist of people saying how epic 2011 was and it will praise the undeniable Ashba/Bumble chemistry and the "special" moments like that "Who's fault is it?" interlude.

Axl "playing guitar" during Madagascar...

lol he looked so cute doing the snake dance with it. Props!

Didn't Stintson say in an interview that he was so good now he could play lead on the next record?

Probably just as good or better then Slash. I imagine an Axl solo spot kinda like Bucket had. Axl shreds and throws Tommy burgers to the crowd and Bumble is not needed in the studio anymore. Axl really is Gn'R. It just took Gary Sunshine 25 years to teach him how to shred.

Edited by Rovim