Your opinion: Is Axl currently "looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard"?

Very seriously  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd imagine anything he wants to do or plans to do has to be run past the label time and time again. It's painful for any artist but with the amount of money sunk into everything he's working on by them, it means much closer scrutiny.

The level of frustration trying to get anything done would be almost unbearable which is probably why at times he just throws his hands up in the air and takes some time off before resuming the good fight.

• Like 1

Can you imagine? Axl going into the studio in Nov 2014 to tinker some more on a song which was written FIFTEEN years ago.

It's just so batshit insane. "Let's adjust the fader on this hi hat track at position 2:26 by 0.1dB and see how we feel about it. We had it at 3dB in 1999, but now that I've had 15 years to think it over, the hi hat really needs to be at 2.9dB."

• Like 2

This is GNR's biggest "fan" forum. It's no wonder why they post here so frequently.

If you don't like it, leave. Its not like you'd be missed. :shrugs:

It's so sad that the GNR/TB members boycott this forum while spend hours and hours on HTGTH, Nightrain and MSLs, where no Axl bashing is allowed. But I guess we deserve it, we are "fans", not real fans.

Wasn't Bumblefoot posting here as recently as June? :book:

I voted "probably not." If DJ said it then I would've been LOLing loud enough to get evicted.

Without a doubt, Axl's crippling insecurity and inability to take decisive action with his "finished" music is what's continuing to delay this thing. When a release depends on someone's ever-fragile psychological state, and little else, it's impossible to guess when we'll be "close" to it.

Yup.

I'm sure he likes to spend time in the studio with Caram endlessly tinkering on songs that he's been working on for years (some like Oklahoma/Berlin for over 15 years by now), but it's a case of not wanting to deal with both the label (and vice versa) and not wanting to get another critical/commercial drubbing. Or worse than all of that, have no one care.

I'd love to hear absolutely everything from the ChiDem sessions, it's my kind of music, but I realise I'm in a minuscule minority.

"It’s like, you have to ask yourself, do I wanna give all that, and have someone fuckin’ spitting in my face? Does it mean that much to me? No! I dig the songs. If you don’t want ‘em, fine. But I don’t have to give them to you."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=4

I know I've posted that interview from 1990 at least twice before now, but it's still unbelievably relevant.

Awesome comment. While Axl is a perfectionist, you'd also have to blind to miss what he meant when he said "Hey, do you want to join my band? Bring an umbrella!"

Wasn't Bumblefoot posting here as recently as June? :book:

You must be tripping. Are you telling me that Bumblefoot visited this hateful forum to talk with the bitter ex-fans? Nah, that never happened. You must be confusing this forum with HTGTH or Nightrain.

Ah, you're probably right. After all, you and your alternate account UK SUBS/magisme trolled the band and caused them to blacklist the site.

It's so sad that the GNR/TB members boycott this forum while spend hours and hours on HTGTH, Nightrain and MSLs, where no Axl bashing is allowed. But I guess we deserve it, we are "fans", not real fans.

Has anyone important posted on either HTGTH (in the last few years) or Truth?

Obviously they'd be more inclined to post on Nightrain. Gotta justify that price tag somehow.

Without a doubt, Axl's crippling insecurity and inability to take decisive action with his "finished" music is what's continuing to delay this thing. When a release depends on someone's ever-fragile psychological state, and little else, it's impossible to guess when we'll be "close" to it.

We'll be close to it right after Axl dies and the conniving cunt of a housekeeper inherits the estate. "Guns N' Roses: Axl's Final Years" :jerkoff:

It will be no secret when Axl starts looking at the record seriously. Just way too many people involved in getting a GNR album prepared so there will be plenty of rumblings when it happens.

Now what's stopping Axl from releasing the next record? I think that has to do with the reception CD got. He really believed that record had great music on it. (I agree it did on some tracks) some media outlets thought it was great too, but Axl seems like a guy looking for the negative and he found plenty of people laughing at a record he thought was great. This probably caused him to shut down a bit and really lose motivation for the next album. In Axl's mind he feels he could write the 14 greatest songs in the history of music but people won't give it a chance. So why bother.

Hopefully he realizes there are people out there like us, like the guys at HTGTH, like the thousands of smaller fan websites, and the hundreds of thousands that search for guns n roses everyday that are ready and excited to hear what Axl has been hiding. For better or worse we all just want to listen to music from this guy.

Of course Axl was lying when he said that. It's clear his band is about going on tour one month per year to get some money, partying and booze.

Not digging your Axl hate in every topic dude.

Bad news. I won't stop. Lol having an opinion = hate. Axl fans are the best :lol:

Not asking you to stop. You just don't...diss Slash that's all.

rdlol.gif

dbc.gif

In May, Axl gave an interview with Revolver and stated this in regards to new music: "But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard." It's November. In your honest opinion, is Axl looking very seriously at a new release or not?

I think Axl is honest. He is true. For many things, Axl is like that, it seems.

But that doesn't mean this music will be released someday.

And personnaly, i hope not. I miss the old Gnr and any new release by the new band is not the same ...

At this point, he probably could put out 3 or 4 EPs of what he already has and eventually put an album out of entirely new songs with the band. Every Beyonce, U2, Prince or Taylor Swift hype going on probably factors into the "possibilities" of how to get the music out there.

There's no "scenarios" to play out, either people are going to like the music, warm up to it, or continue to say it's "self indulgent and overproduced", unless he had Izzy and Duff taking part in some of the sessions and going back to the AFD-era sound. They have enough to give unreleased cuts and remixes to fan club members.

In May, Axl gave an interview with Revolver and stated this in regards to new music: "But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard." It's November. In your honest opinion, is Axl looking very seriously at a new release or not?

And personnaly, i hope not. I miss the old Gnr and any new release by the new band is not the same ...

So you would rather Axl never release music again if it's not with the old band?

So you would rather Axl never release music again if it's not with the old band?

in a way, yes

in a way, yes

Maybe you'll like it you never know. You can just not listen to it if/when it comes out.

Edited by Rovim

How hard could this be? How much time could it take?

Spend a weekend listening to all the songs in the vault and pick out the best 20.

Send those to your bandmates and let them vote on which 5 they think are the strongest.

Take your 15 best songs and send them to your label.

That shouldn't take a year to do.

It's the removing his finger from his arse aspect that precedes all this is where Axls trouble lies :lol:

How hard could this be? How much time could it take?

Spend a weekend listening to all the songs in the vault and pick out the best 20.

Send those to your bandmates and let them vote on which 5 they think are the strongest.

Take your 15 best songs and send them to your label.

That shouldn't take a year to do.

It's the removing his finger from his arse aspect that precedes all this is where Axls trouble lies :lol:

Perhaps, but he's also insane. Can't help with a lot of shit he needs to do. Like releasin'. He's insecure so he tries to control every aspect of it, but that just hurts the pure and simple way an artist can just fuckin' do it.

He holds all the power, and yet he takes no responsibility at all when things get fucked. (usually)

The backwards way this "band" keeps itself alive will never change cause Axl will never change, and even if he does, he's gonna be 60 in a few years and this kind of music demands certain elements most Guns fans associate with the young spirit they've captured with Appetite and to a lesser extent UYI.

What happens next is probably Axl going to do some shows, work on getting CD ll out, then tour that. Beyond that projection, It's basically Axl doing his thing with his ballads and his Electro Elton aspirations.

Edited by Rovim