Does God exist?

Dr. Who

Does a God exist?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly i dont know whether there is or there isn't, i dont think so but im not really an authority. Generally speaking though, no i do not for the simple reason that there isn't a shred of evidence to suggest so.

The way to prove it by the way isn't by way of asking me questions but showing me some irrefutable proof, which no one has managed thus far.

One thing i know for sure though, if there is a God he is not represented by any religion of man or any ideas we have about him.

I wonder if anyone has considered the notion that there is a God but we were designed to never find out about him, simply because we are not that important an aspect of the meaning of the entire universe?

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 1

im having a crisis of faith.

as Larry Niven put it: "Everyone wants to be god. Wants the power without the responsibility"

I wonder if anyone has considered the notion that there is a God but we were designed to never find out about him, simply because we are not that important an aspect of the meaning of the entire universe?

agnostics?

Edited by netcat

im having a crisis of faith.

as Larry Niven put it: "Everyone wants to be god. Wants the power without the responsibility"

agnostics?

I suppose it would be the perfect springboard but the not being important enough aspect isn't included in the definition of Agnostic but yeah, they'd likely be the first people it would occur to on paper, logical.

Three years ago I would have voted "no" without a doubt.

Now, I'd vote yes because I've experienced pretty weird shit that led me to become a "believer".

The only contrast point I'd like to make is that I don't believe in an omniscient and omnipotent God in the sky. I however believe there is an invisible, mystical force binding everything together and we, humans, have way more power than we give ourselves credit for.

Once again, I'm not preaching anything because people won't believe it if they don't see it for themselves.

• Like 1

If there is a God, then may He please get to the point. I figure I believe something or I wouldn't be so angry at Him for what keeps happening to my family.

Mom put in hospital Tuesday for her heart. My brother's passing did her in. We'e praying. ISN'T THAT WHAT WE'RE SUPPOSED TO DO, GOD??

Our dear friend who we call the fifth sibling, a huge part of our Mom's life got a brain aneuryism yesterday and now we sit in this hospital waiting and praying her through her surgery. She's 40!

But I find my prayers have become WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT???

God, it would be helpful if you moved on to Charles Manson and others like him, because you sure have focused enough time on some good and kind people. Leave us alone and GET TO THE POINT!!!

Amen

• Like 3