Does God exist?

Dr. Who

Does a God exist?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whys that easier than human beings behaving themselves and why should God have to step in and fix the human race and it's cock ups?

because Jesus loves you?

But you don't love him, thats the way this relationships supposed to work? And all thats presuming that God is the God of Abraham, the God of 2,000 year old desert Israelites/bedouins/all the rest of the fuckin' folk that come under the Judeo-Christian-Islamic banner

exactly. he's older therefore must be wiser :lol:

Well if there is wisdom in such age then perhaps the issue lies in the folly of your youth and resultant inability to percieve the wisdom in the way in which he has ordered the universe? :lol:

What makes you think I don't? I donate money, I pay taxes, hell, I've even been going on these trips to eastern Europe a few times where we've helped out on orphanages, women prisons, given out supplies, tools, clothes, etc. and if I would ever see anyone abuse a child in any way with my own eyes you can bet on that I would do something about it.

Thats very commendable of you, now if we can get the other God knows how many billion occupants of the planet to follow suit we will have a clear enough ground beneath our feet from whence to start passing judgement on God from.

Also, you might wanna knock the racism on the head :lol:

But it doesn't matter what I and other people may do or not. Fact is that according to everything that believes in God he has the power to change everything for the better, but he chooses not to. I can't think of any reason other than him being just straight up evil.

And yeah, put racism up on the list of things God doesn't do a shit about. :)

But it doesn't matter what I and other people may do or not. Fact is that according to everything that believes in God he has the power to change everything for the better, but he chooses not to. I can't think of any reason other than him being just straight up evil.

There are multiple explanations for this.

Yes it does matter what you and others do because the ammoral simply have no decent basis upon which to just expect the results of their wilfull fuckery to be dealt with offhand. You simply cannot go out of your way as the human race has to fuck up a planet and then expect it to be fixed over and over again.

And another aspect of the connundrum is what sort of remedy to those problems would you like? For instance starvation, what solution would you like then, would you like perhaps stomachs that run on air? I mean God can do anything right so surely he can do that? Or would you rather he provided plentiful food for all? And how much is plentiful? If the Lords bounty was endless and people ate themselves into diabetes and other illnesses what would like then, God to just cure those...or get rid of them completely?

How about rape, how would you have that changed, would you have the rapist rewired to where he doesn't feel the need to rape? Or would you rather the adjustment of all of our inner moral compasses and physical sensitivities and minds to where rape becomes an enjoyable experience for all involved, I mean he's God right, he can do anything...and that'd be the better solution surely...because it would benefit all rather than restrict one party? And who should God listen to in this judgement? I mean, sticking with the issue of rape here, what if more people of the human race would rather the 'make rape an enjoyable experience' option, who or which collection of human beings is qualified to petition the Lord with demands...and if those demands don't result in the positivity you expect who is to blame, us for requesting it or the all seeing Lord for ennacting our stupidity?

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 1

Fixed over and over again? He could have fixed everything once and for all from the very start.

What he could have done was to make sure none of this happened at all. It doesn't matter how. Best of all would probably have been if he never created humanity since humanities very nature is destructive and greedy.

Fixed over and over again? He could have fixed everything once and for all from the very start.

What he could have done was to make sure none of this happened at all. It doesn't matter how. Best of all would probably have been if he never created humanity since humanities very nature is destructive and greedy.

So thats your answer to the problems of the human race, not having a human race in the first place? :lol: According to that logic, why not just destroy the entire human race now, correct Gods obviously cock ups with your wisdom? Do you see now why you're not qualified for this job? :lol:

Why is genocide always the answer with your sort? :lol:

(just kidding!)

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 2

There are plenty of ways to solve it. He has the power to do whatever he like, right? So he could just make all suffering stop. It doesn't matter how. I don't care how. It's all hypothetical, I'm not like you either, I don't like arguing just for the sake of it and this is not something I care enough about to write long posts about. I'm just saying that the people that believes in God say he has these powers, but that he isn't using them and yet they claim he loves all human beings, which makes no sense at all considering he does absolutely nothing for them despite that he has the power to. Oh well, like I said, I'm bored and I'm out of this discussion.

There are plenty of ways to solve it. He has the power to do whatever he like, right? So he could just make all suffering stop.

At which point you'd be expected to define 'suffering', there are things out there that I consider insufferable that others might enjoy. Point being if we don't understand the world around us yet, or indeed our own selves and how we respond morally, physically to the world around us how can we possibly be expected to suggest solutions? It simply doesn't make sense.

I'm not like you either, I don't like arguing just for the sake of it and this is not something I care enough about to write long posts about.

OK.

I'm just saying that the people that believes in God say he has these powers, but that he isn't using them and yet they claim he loves all human beings, which makes no sense at all considering he does absolutely nothing for them despite that he has the power to.

And alls I'm saying is that you are not qualified to make the statements you are making, as evidenced by your absolute inability to construct a cogent argument around them. And this is just coming from someone who has really a very rudimentary grasp of religion...and even i can pick your arguments to bits, a person with a more scholarly understanding of said religions would probably have an easier time, if thats at all possible.

Sorry if I've bored you at all here :)

• Like 1

Well, look at us. And look at the animal kingdom. Who sticks out like a sore thumb?

We're basically clothed animals walking around muttering on about semantics, urban planning, and political correctness.

If there is a God, I bet he's tuned into the Lakers game, and not worried about divine intervention.

• Like 2

If there is a God, then may He please get to the point. I figure I believe something or I wouldn't be so angry at Him for what keeps happening to my family.

Mom put in hospital Tuesday for her heart. My brother's passing did her in. We'e praying. ISN'T THAT WHAT WE'RE SUPPOSED TO DO, GOD??

Our dear friend who we call the fifth sibling, a huge part of our Mom's life got a brain aneuryism yesterday and now we sit in this hospital waiting and praying her through her surgery. She's 40!

But I find my prayers have become WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT???

God, it would be helpful if you moved on to Charles Manson and others like him, because you sure have focused enough time on some good and kind people. Leave us alone and GET TO THE POINT!!!

Amen

I don't know if God exists, but If he does, he sure likes to put us to the test. :( Big hug, Orsys, I know I'm quite early, but I hope 2015 will be better for you and your family.

I hope so as well.

I remember wishing you that last year as well Orsys. So I truly hope this time it really is like that.

If there is a God, then may He please get to the point. I figure I believe something or I wouldn't be so angry at Him for what keeps happening to my family.

Mom put in hospital Tuesday for her heart. My brother's passing did her in. We'e praying. ISN'T THAT WHAT WE'RE SUPPOSED TO DO, GOD??

Our dear friend who we call the fifth sibling, a huge part of our Mom's life got a brain aneuryism yesterday and now we sit in this hospital waiting and praying her through her surgery. She's 40!

But I find my prayers have become WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT???

God, it would be helpful if you moved on to Charles Manson and others like him, because you sure have focused enough time on some good and kind people. Leave us alone and GET TO THE POINT!!!

Amen

I don't know if God exists, but If he does, he sure likes to put us to the test. :( Big hug, Orsys, I know I'm quite early, but I hope 2015 will be better for you and your family.

I hope so as well.

I remember wishing you that last year as well Orsys. So I truly hope this time it really is like that.

Thanks, we're hoping for a boring year in 2015 - boring family, boring job, boring health.

• Like 1

God gave us all free will. He doesn't just sit there and reward good people and strike bad luck down on the bad guys. Accidents and bad things happen to good people. Bad people get lucky and catch some breaks on things.

If you are a Christian then you believe that your time on earth is just a blink of the eye in terms of your overall length of being.

Heaven is the glorious part. Time on earth is just a blink of an eye and a brief step to take before you get there.

Charles Manson will burn in hell for millions of years. That seems like more punishment than him having a disease on earth for a decade.

• Like 1

Charles Manson will burn in hell for millions of years. That seems like more punishment than him having a disease on earth for a decade.

That's really not for us to say. I don't know that he will. I don't even know that I believe that he will.

Or that he ever existed. ;)

:)