drinking and memory problems....?

Dr. Who

been reading here a while, seems like this forum has many drinkers...I've a question.

been drinking on the weekends, two to three shots of Jack Daniels or Smirnoff or Jameson on Friday and Saturday, weekly, and I only get a buzz of confidance and cockiness, never blacked out or gotten truly drunk. ive been doing this weekly since the summer. i've noticed that I have a very hard time keeping track of or remembering anything lately; even things said to me a day ago I have a hard time remembering; I feel like I'm in a fog, and a month's span of time seems like a week. Sometimes I'll find myself confused, not remembering important details about people I talk to daily.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this in relation to drinking?

I've never heard of anything like that from just doing 2-3 shots once or twice a week. You might want to consult a doctor.

it only started after i began drinking, had a very keen memory beforehand. i'm fine otherwise, except i'll get slightly confused for a moment about what's what or i'll at times have trouble concentrating, but i can hold a conversation or think as deeply as i always have and intellectually speaking i'm pretty much intact. it just is scary and weirds me out, but i dont have health insurance at the moment. too poor.

Anything over a litre of spirits and i won't remember how i got to bed. Unfortunately (or perhaps not) I ain't really all fire into that sort of drinking anymore. Or smoking gear in fact. Not that I'm sworn off em religiously or nothing, it's just at this point in my life, honestly, for 10 years now I've been on a massive doss and i just need to fuckin' get something going and being fucked all the time in my spare time is a hinderance to that. Didn't have spliff last night, first time in God knows how long. Ain't had a proper drink in ages.

So yeah, no memory problems for this lad no more.

Edited by Lennie Godber

been reading here a while, seems like this forum has many drinkers...I've a question.

been drinking on the weekends, two to three shots of Jack Daniels or Smirnoff or Jameson on Friday and Saturday, weekly, and I only get a buzz of confidance and cockiness, never blacked out or gotten truly drunk. ive been doing this weekly since the summer. i've noticed that I have a very hard time keeping track of or remembering anything lately; even things said to me a day ago I have a hard time remembering; I feel like I'm in a fog, and a month's span of time seems like a week. Sometimes I'll find myself confused, not remembering important details about people I talk to daily.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this in relation to drinking?

The problem here is you are not actually drinking that much for this to happen. In certainly happens if you have a skinful, but the amount you are drinking should not cause this.