Post lesser talked about Axl rants

17:15

Summer 1992

Axl wears a "Free Mike Tyson shirt" and proceeds to tell the crowd how shitty they are hahaha. I usually support Axl but this was really douchey. Funny though.

EDIT: This show is classic. Listening to more of it and at 26:20 and Axl is just having fun with these people hahaha

Edited by GN'R Forever

I was at this show...remember it well. Great show and if you listen to him later on (KOHD if I recall...long time ago) he actually does bring in an inspirational message where he apologizes for the earlier comments and explains himself.

Indiana always brought out strong emotions in the Ax man

I wonder how much Mike Tyson would appreciate his support after listening to One in a Million.

Mike Tyson wouldn't care because he understands what a hooray for tolerance! on the street is pushing bullshit and hustling just like he understands what a small town white boy is, and he also understands points of view...listen to some Mike Tyson interviews...not boxing promos, but actual interviews. He's got a very philosophical mind and he also understands himself on a very deep level.

01.07.92 - The Pyramid, Memphis, TN
opening act: Soundgarden
set: Nightrain, Mr.Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, It's So Easy, Attitude, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Wild Horses [intro] / Patience, Welcome To The Jungle, Piano Solo, November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo
attendance: 18,678
audio/video recording?: audio [incomplete]
notes: This setlist is incomplete. First & last documented performance of 'Dust N' Bones' after Izzy left the band in November of '91. Axl rants a lot during this show. Duff joins Matt on drums during Matt's drum solo.