Axl could still use the Bucket demos

I don't know the exact source, but some guy was interviewed not that long ago that said Bucket was upset that Axl wouldn't return some of his demos from when he was in the band. Bucket was in GNR from 1999 to 2003, so he must have written Shackler's during that time, but the song was based on the Virginia Tech incident, which means Axl must have added the lyrics & vocals at some point after April 2007. So there's still hope for more Axl/Bucket material.

Given the amount of material the guy has pouring out, I'd be surprised if he's still worried about things he left behind in GN'R. It's devastating they couldn't make it work. Some of the stuff Buckethead has released since his time in GN'R makes me really wonder how good the collaboration between he and Axl could of been.

I still hope they can do something together. Some of Bucketheads softer material with some Axl piano and vocals could really be incredible.

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist DJ Ashba said in a new talk with Legendary Rock Interviews that the band has both recording and touring plans in 2015. He revealed, "We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best GUNS N' ROSES record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff."

Ashba added. "Axl [Rose, GUNS lead singer] has two full albums that he has recorded. He has played me a bunch of songs off of that that are incredible! I can't wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I've written tons of songs and demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in and sifting through the piles of material."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-is-planning-on-doing-quite-a-bit-of-touring-in-2015-says-dj-ashba/#IGI4MVW2wIYU2dvQ.99

No shock if he wants to continue pimping Big B's contributions to the band, if a new GnR release sees the light of day

Going Down featured Buckethead during the ending solo, so there's probably a pile of tapes somewhere full of recording sessions

Gnr releases is very poor in number of albums. CD just cant be last GNR album, he needs to prove a lot more than just play safe. Its like Ac/Dc just releasing 5 albums and then leave. Thats coward. Release 10 albums and we'll see how good you were in that long run. Going back to studio is a JOKE! Its all done, just pick and shoot.

Gnr releases is very poor in number of albums. CD just cant be last GNR album, he needs to prove a lot more than just play safe. Its like Ac/Dc just releasing 5 albums and then leave. Thats coward. Release 10 albums and we'll see how good you were in that long run. Going back to studio is a JOKE! Its all done, just pick and shoot.

CD is just a part of the Chinese project, concept. CD ll is the second half. I don't think Axl will just release half of what he worked on for 10 years. Even if it takes another 2,3,4 or 5 years he'll release it imo, but anything after that idk.

Edited by Rovim

I think Axl built up some very good songs from Bucket's material. Imo the GN'R Buckethead songs are the best he has done as collaboration, and even if they've got all the layers and synths, you can still hear it was done by Buckethead + you get to hear his solos (even thouh they are completely built up by Axl like May's solos)

I think Axl built up some very good songs from Bucket's material. Imo the GN'R Buckethead songs are the best he has done as collaboration, and even if they've got all the layers and synths, you can still hear it was done by Buckethead + you get to hear his solos (even thouh they are completely built up by Axl like May's solos)

Which ones do you think are built up?

I always thought and still maintain 8 songs from the leftover CD material, 4 or 5 from the new guys, then within a year of that release a full this era record, doesn't seem a difficult proposition for a motivated, fully capable band and an ambitious leader but he's lost the plot he once had since the brilliant 2010 world tour was supposed to have closed the chapter.

I think if Axl ever does release another record, it will most likely be songs predominantly done by the lineups from 1997-2004 with some minor instrument parts from the other guys tossed in there for no other reason than "because." I honestly don't see a single song made entirely by this current lineup ever being released or taken seriously by Axl as things currently stand. Axl doesn't seem to have any interest in really working with these guys or making and releasing new music for the most part, so if we do get another record, I'd expect it to be the very last one, released right before retirement, unless Axl manages to round up some people he actually wants to work with. Even then, I'd count on two more records at most. I really can't see this band releasing more than two follow ups to Chinese Democracy at this point, and that's being very optimistic because I sometimes doubt that there will even be a single follow up to it.

• Like 1

Which ones do you think are built up?

I'm sorry, I forgot to put the word "probably". My bad, but still, (and just as pure speculation) I don't think TWAT's solo, for example, was "written" that way by Buckethead. Again, just pure speculation.

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist DJ Ashba said in a new talk with Legendary Rock Interviews that the band has both recording and touring plans in 2015. He revealed, "We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring this coming year. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best GUNS N' ROSES record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff."

Ashba added. "Axl [Rose, GUNS lead singer] has two full albums that he has recorded. He has played me a bunch of songs off of that that are incredible! I can't wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I've written tons of songs and demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in and sifting through the piles of material."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-is-planning-on-doing-quite-a-bit-of-touring-in-2015-says-dj-ashba/#IGI4MVW2wIYU2dvQ.99

...in and find the monkey?

Why is it so hard to see what's really going on here?

DJ knows there will never be another GNR album. So, DJ is leaving this huge trail of interviews saying how he himself wants to do another GNR album.

Then, when DJ inevitably quits his job and leaves GNR, he can always point to those interviews and say "wasn't my fault! Look, Axl duped me too!"