How sleep deprived are you?

Bobbo

It varies. I work 8-430 monday thru Thursday, so I get around 6/7 hours on those nights. Friday's work starts at 3am and I can never force myself asleep before 10pm earliest so on Thursday nights im lucky to get 3 hours of sleep. Weekends I'll sleep as long as my child will let me. Very rarely less than 8 on weekends.

I get 8 hours, more or less than that puts me in a very bad mood (and makes me look more bloated). I have a really hard time to "turn off my brain" as well and waking up is always a torture. I wish I didn't have to sleep.

Edited by ProstituteComa

Fuck me, you lot don't get much kip do ya?

8-9 hours a night for me and probably an additional 1-2 hours of naps during the day.

God, I sound like a right lazy fucker, don't I?

You sound like my Grandma.

What can I say?? I love my sleep. Never happier than when I'm having a bit of shut-eye.

i have no idea how people get by on 4 - 5 hours of sleep per night. it scares me to see how many people live like that.

i don't know if it's because i'm on my feet all day at work and then work out and do cardio afterward, or if i'm just "one of those people," but i can get by on 7.5 hours of sleep...i can do one or two nights at 6 hours, but then i'll end up sleeping a solid 10 hours another night to catch up. if i let myself go without an alarm, most days i sleep 9 - 10 hours. but because i'm a night owl and have to force myself to go to bed early, i usually try to time it so that i get 7.5 hours, and then on the weekends or whenever i get a chance, i'll sleep in more.

but if i did 3, 4 or 5 hours i'd crash hard after a single day.

• Like 1

On average I get about 6 hours at the moment. The previous few years I mostly managed on 3-4 due to a poor sleeping child. Ideally I would like about 8 but it's not going to happen for a good few years yet. I've had broken or restricted sleep for the best part of 21 years now so guess I'm used to it. The couple of years of 3-4 hours had a really bad affect on my general health though.

I'm naturally a night owl so left to my own devices I would like a sleep schedule of around 2 am to 9 am but I have to compromise with 12 am to 6 am, weekdays anyway. Although I do sometimes push it until about 1 am then regret it the next day.

Realistically, society should recognise that some people are night owls and allow them to function as such. There's been research done to suggest that some people are naturally predisposed to waking up early (and going to bed early) while others will naturally stay up late (and sleep in later). The balance of working life is weighted pretty heavily in favour of the morning birds, the result being that people who are more at ease with the afternoon/evening generally suffer a greater degree of sleep deprivation through no fault of their own.

• Like 2

I generally find it hard to stand people who are at their top early in the mornings. I hated when I'd get to my job at 6.30 in the morning and someone would be all happy and say hello to me and be all social. Leave me alone the first couple of hours of the day. It's so depressing that society is completely constructed to fit extrovert morning people for an introvert that hate mornings.

• Like 1

If I don't take a sleeping pill, I don't sleep at all. it sucks, but at least I get about 6 hours sleep. Sometimes if I'm very tired, I might dose off in the afternoon, but that's hard because I take care of my granddaughter, so sleeping with her isn't an option.

It sucks because even with taking a sleeping pill it's still takes time for me to get to sleep. I wish I could turn off my brain for 6 hours. That would be nice.

If I don't take a sleeping pill, I don't sleep at all. it sucks, but at least I get about 6 hours sleep. Sometimes if I'm very tired, I might dose off in the afternoon, but that's hard because I take care of my granddaughter, so sleeping with her isn't an option.

It sucks because even with taking a sleeping pill it's still takes time for me to get to sleep. I wish I could turn off my brain for 6 hours. That would be nice.

Ever since a colored family moved in next door to me I haven't been able to sleep at all. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before those monkeys start harassing my family and trying to steal my stuff.

• Like 1

lol I suppose you are saying that because you think it's something I would say?

Whatever! And for your information, I use the word monkeys for any person who does stupid shit. They don't have to be black. And using the word colored is just plain racist. I've never used that word to describe an African American person.

Whatever! And for your information, I use the word monkeys for any person who does stupid shit. They don't have to be black. And using the word colored is just plain racist. I've never used that word to describe an African American person.

Sorry hon. You've made several posts on the forum that were blatantly racist. Several people have noticed it - not just me. The monkey post wasn't the first time. Nor, I suspect, will it be the last. Unfortunately.

And SMH at your monkey defense. Wow.

Edited by Groghan

You might want to let Al Sharpton and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People know how you feel.
  • Like 1

How many hours of sleep do you usually get a night?

M-f I get about 7-8 if I'm lucky. During the weekend I thank my lucky stars if I get 6, and I fucking pay for it. How about you guys?

I get 8 hours usually. I sometimes do my 5.5 hour thing, other times, I sleep 12 hours. It just depends.

If you have trouble sleeping due to stress, crying helps massively as a stress reliever. Watch a sad/happy film like Marley and Me, then read a book, then settle. If you are hyped up on Caffiene or alcohol effects or withdrawals, doing exercise, where you get out of breath, helps massively. Obviously get a health check with a doctor.

Medically, antihistamines with cetirizine can help, although it is minor.

• Like 1