Axl's stage presence

I'm watching the O2 Arena show. Axl has no stage presence anymore. He just wiggles back and forth. I get it...he's older but a little more enthusiasm would be nice.

Sorry for duplicate topic. . Tried to move this to the dance section. It didn't work.

Edited by Trin9498
  • Like 1

He has nothing left to fight for since the 2010 world tour, he put his own fire out. If he decides to play a new song sometime in the next 15 years we might get some enthusiasm.

He can still sing with some goddamn gusto, there's a difference between him singing swell (look at his motionless Dublin show, sounded fucking amazing) and him having the famous banshee energy.

• Like 1

A mixture of the fire and energy of 2006 and the powerful amazing voice of 2010 would be epic. To late for that now though he just looks miserable on stage these days.

Also the fact his face is basically hidden from view with the sunglasses and hat also doesn't help its hard to connect with the songs when you can't see any emotion from him.

No shit, he's fucking fat. I challenge anybody here with their own gravitational pull to get up on stage and wobble around so we can laugh about your lack of stage presence too. Can't really move around the stage much when you're already as wide as it to begin with ffs.

In a way, his stage presence grew.

• Like 1

It's just a joke.

I mean, I'd say, it could very well be the shoes. Back in the day he used to wear sneakers and boots, let alone that he was half-naked on stage, but then you turn your brain on and say, well, no, that's not the reason, he's fucking fat and out of shape, that's why. If he's out of breath every 5 seconds and he's not moving that much, then just imagine that Axl could be dying on stage after running around a bit.

What I loved about Axl Rose is what most frontmen lack these days, originality. His voice was spectacular, no one can really deny that, but it was his live stage presence that was just natural and killer at the same time, you know? It was like watching a man so much into the songs he wrote that his voice would not satisfy his emotions that he would need to express them through his body. Axl was a great singer, probably one of the best of all time, but as a frontmen he was one of a kind, imo.

Fast forward 15 years and he has lost it all. I don't know, I guess after performing the same old songs for more than 20 years, he's just bored. I think Sweet Child O' Mine doesn't hold the same "meaning" to him that it did 20 years ago.

The band has been together since 2006 now, obv Ashba replaced Finck but it's more or less a long-standing fixture, when you're just playing old guys stuff it can be hard to get the energy up for it after the 3rd tour of the same thing in a row, though they still put on a hell of a show considering the context. It's all on Axl really, give the guys something of their own to get stuck into and give yourself some new territory to explore, you'll be needing an ice bath after every show in ten years, time's ticking.

Nothing beats this -

Hard to believe it's the same person

http://youtu.be/osRLMOJ0cW4

Same person just 25 years on ! Show a vid of me 25 years ago n I act different.

Pointless thread , get a hobby

Not pointless. And you're not in the position to tell anyone to get a hobby. People are here to discuss Guns N' Roses and its members.

Bruce Springsteen and Steven Tyler are still performing as they were 25 years ago. Nobody expects Axl Rose to be as active as he was in the 90s but come on, he's a fucking fat joke nowadays, not even a shadow of what he once was.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Nothing beats this -

Not pointless. And you're not in the position to tell anyone to get a hobby. People are here to discuss Guns N' Roses and its members.

Bruce Springsteen and Steven Tyler are still performing as they were 25 years ago. Nobody expects Axl Rose to be as active as he was in the 90s but come on, he's a fucking fat joke nowadays, not even a shadow of what he once was.

So I'm not in a position to tell people to get hobbies n stuff , but you are to tell me shit are ya ? , it's fuckin pointless all this shit and it's normally the same people behind it , nobody with a brain thinks that Axl or guns should be anything like they were back in the day, as for Springsteen , it's a boring show, and yes I've seen him. Steven Tyler is not the same that he was years ago....nowhere near

So I'm not in a position to tell people to get hobbies n stuff , but you are to tell me shit are ya ? , it's fuckin pointless all this shit and it's normally the same people behind it , nobody with a brain thinks that Axl or guns should be anything like they were back in the day, as for Springsteen , it's a boring show, and yes I've seen him. Steven Tyler is not the same that he was years ago....nowhere near

Please use "and" instead of "n", this is something Axl has wrongly taught his fans. It's not cool. Oh, and I'm not telling "shit", I'm telling that you're not in the position to tell anyone to get a hobby.

It's not pointless when someone creates a thread to discuss a topic - that's the whole point of a forum, you know? To discuss stuff and "Axl stage presence" is a good point to discuss, considering all the changes we have seen throughout the years.

In your opinion, Bruce Springsteen is "boring" and Steven Tyler is not the same. The rest of the world disagrees with you. They're still one of the biggest acts in the entire world, and they're old as fuck.

• Like 2

Nothing beats this -

Bruce Springsteen and Steven Tyler are still performing as they were 25 years ago. Nobody expects Axl Rose to be as active as he was in the 90s but come on, he's a fucking fat joke nowadays, not even a shadow of what he once was.[/quote

Have you seen a Bruce or Steve show some 25 years ago? If you did n think is some as today you re not only old you need some glasses :)

Please use "and" instead of "n", this is something Axl has wrongly taught his fans. It's not cool. Oh, and I'm not telling "shit", I'm telling that you're not in the position to tell anyone to get a hobby.

It's not pointless when someone creates a thread to discuss a topic - that's the whole point of a forum, you know? To discuss stuff and "Axl stage presence" is a good point to discuss, considering all the changes we have seen throughout the years.

In your opinion, Bruce Springsteen is "boring" and Steven Tyler is not the same. The rest of the world disagrees with you. They're still one of the biggest acts in the entire world, and they're old as fuck.

The only band who seem to be the same now as they were back in the day are the stones, superb show everytime I've seen em. Hope it's ok to shorten that word down as some grumpy ass is an English teacher on a gnr forum

Oh and prove the entire forum has a different view to me, as far as I can tell, there's a good few that think otherwise

The only band who seem to be the same now as they were back in the day are the stones, superb show everytime I've seen em. Hope it's ok to shorten that word down as some grumpy ass is an English teacher on a gnr forum

Oh and prove the entire forum has a different view to me, as far as I can tell, there's a good few that think otherwise

Well, then forget about Bruce Springsteen and Steven Tyler and explain why The Rolling Stones are able to put a great show even when they're very old and in your own words "can't be the same" as they were 25 years ago.

I said the rest of the world disagrees with you. You're a minority here thinking that Bruce Springsteen is boring, however, it's still your opinion. If you want your opinion to be respected, then learn to respect others who think Axl Rose sucks balls today. ;)

FACT: if you think Axl is a "fact joke" void of stage presence your perspective of reality is somewhere between non-existent and completely out of touch. you have been buried on fan boy message boards hyper analyzing voice, appearance etc and somehow miss the reality that while Axl has aged he still is loaded with more stage presence than most any performer out there. he exudes rock star in a way few besides mick jagger do when he steps on staged

be pissed about no new music. but you lose all credibility on topics like this.

total. fucking. farce.