Obama - 5 years in- your thoughts?

Dr. Who

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's ass.

He sure doesn't have the hair or Lyndon Johnson, that's for sure.

To be honest, the last year has turned me off politics. They're all the same really. But Obama is just really mediocre, and has really mishandled a lot of things. He messed up big time on Healthcare, his Justice Department is corrupt as all hell; His handling of the middle east sans killing Osama has been subpar. And his handling of the Ebola issue borders IMO on criminal negligence. Liberals these days really piss me off, and I used to be a big time liberal.

I think he's a lousy president, but I've been doing great the past 6 months. No thanks to him though.

Does anybody actually rely on the president for the well being of their life? That must really suck.

i actually liked what he did with immigration last night. i just wish we would do more with securing the border.

Edited by bran

The problem is: Obama is not a sociopath. He has a heart, which weakened him.

He doesn't have the cutthroat mentality needed to push reform, and succeed. In order to do good in Washington, you need to be principled, calculating, and manipulative. Obama is two of the three (principled, and calculating.) Hilary has no heart, so she is different (calculating, and manipulative.) Hence why Hilary will be more effective, albeit more dangerous as her only interest is to herself.

• Like 1

The problem is: Obama is not a sociopath. He has a heart, which weakened him.

He doesn't have the cutthroat mentality needed to push reform, and succeed. In order to do good in Washington, you need to be principled, calculating, and manipulative. Obama is two of the three (principled, and calculating.) Hilary has no heart, so she is different (calculating, and manipulative.) Hence why Hilary will be more effective, albeit more dangerous as her only interest is to herself.

This.

His confidence in his own ideas and the ability to generate consensus worked against him. He allowed Republicans to tailor the message that government is always ineffective (by being the obstacle) in all matters. He knows how to sell voters on him becoming President, but he did a terrible job selling both voters and other legislators on his policy planks.

In most other matters, I think he's been fairly effective and the President the U.S. needed following the Bush years (especially compared to the alternatives, McCain and Romney). If for anything, he's proven an effective bulwark against a Republican agenda that's turned radically conservative/libertarian (i.e. scary).

• Like 1

The thought of Hillary Clinton as President of the United States is terrifying.

And unfortunately a likelihood.

Hilary will naturally receive Obama's endorsement, and will vie against a culturally irrelevant, antiquated, Republican Party. The media will love her, the public will be forced to embrace her. A narrative will be spun in the media that Hilary Clinton winning is not just a victory for herself, but a victory for fifty percent of the country. And a victory for not just oppressed women in the Untied States, but women being oppressed all over the world, blah, blah, blah.

So the majority of women, liberals, youth, and minorities are voting for her no matter what. And as we discussed in the "Harassment" topic, she has the leftist appendages of political correctness, and illiterate feminism on her side. All signs point to Hilary for President. Brace yourselves, chaps.

We've had two female presidents in Ireland. A female leader is no big deal in plenty of countries around the world.

Of course you are right though. Hillary will be anointed as a symbol for women the world over. The world that will look on and think - "So fucking what."

You'd think her history as a compulsive liar, fantasist and war monger might actually mean something. Not to mention her pie in the sky beliefs regarding the economy. Apparently having a vagina trumps all this though.

Can't see the GOP offering anyone that isn't a raging lunatic. At least they are consistent in that regard.

I wonder how many more dangerous, incompetent war mongering assholes do Americans have to elect before they realise that the GOP and the Dems are just two cheeks of the same ass. Either way you get shit on.