Best of 2010

I'm seeing a lot of 2010 vids being thrown around in different threads and realizing there are some great performances I've yet to see. Axl was on fire during this time period it's insane, he even looks pretty damn cool kind of how you'd expect a old Axl to look like, I dig the blazer look and he still has some fire in his performances. Also there's litterally nothing going on in gnr land so I figured id make a random thread. So post your best of 2010 vids!!! Go go go! Especially ones you think are a little less common!

Thanks for the vids I will watch them all soon keep them coming! I've seen multiple people mention Bucharest. Is this a gig around the forum that is tossed around a lot as the best of 2010 ?

The full gig is on YouTube and in impeccable quality. Axl's voice is pure rasp start to finish and his stage presence much like the old days, so yes ;)

Thanks for the vids I will watch them all soon keep them coming! I've seen multiple people mention Bucharest. Is this a gig around the forum that is tossed around a lot as the best of 2010 ?

I was there (i got luck to be there)

All i can say is: That was the best show for Axl (maybe besides London O2 that year)

He really pushed himself to the envelope that year (probably that is why blow out his rasp for good)

For anyone who has been at both a 2010 show and say a 2012/13/14 show is the difference really that noticeable? I mean from YouTube clips the difference is clear as day but in Dublin 2012 he sounded amazing to me but later that night on YouTube i was shocked at how bad he sounded. I guess with the sound of 3 guitars and everyone in the crowd singing along plus been caught up in the moment of seeing your hero whilst been extremely high your perception gets distorted :)

For anyone who has been at both a 2010 show and say a 2012/13/14 show is the difference really that noticeable? I mean from YouTube clips the difference is clear as day but in Dublin 2012 he sounded amazing to me but later that night on YouTube i was shocked at how bad he sounded. I guess with the sound of 3 guitars and everyone in the crowd singing along plus been caught up in the moment of seeing your hero whilst been extremely high your perception gets distorted :)

Dublin 2012 was the best I've seen Axl perform considering what went on there in 2010, YouTube vids don't always do the gig justice, when you're there it's way different , a lot of phones and cameras you video on are nothing compared to been there

Yes the difference is noticeable. It's even a noticeable drop from 2011. I still think Canada-South America 2010 was the best run of shows since 1993. The setlists were mixed up pretty much every night, the voice was strong, he was running around the stage like the old days, wearing just jeans and a t-shirt and bandana instead of the 8 layers he wears now. And there was still that drive in his stage presence.

Nice Boys and You Could Be Mine from the O2 with Duff in 2010 was incredible, those IMO as well as other moments that whole year show Axl at his best since the 90's. I don't know what went differently from 2011 onward, I mean he still had his moments every now and then but he hasn't reached the level of consistency that he had in 2010

Yes.

2010 shows were the best concerts I have ever been to.

Atlantic City 2012 was the only GNR show since which came close. You can see in my sig the other shows I've been to; the 2012 shows were all pretty crap, 2013 was really bad vocals-wise, 2014 was a bit better than 2013 but that's not saying much.

I forgot PC used to come with rasp. I can't really watch too many 2010 vids because it depresses me that we probably won't get that kind of performance again.

I've taken videos from 2010, 2012, and 2013 shows, and he sounds almost exactly the same on video as he did at the show. That said, people I went with 2012 and 2013 had a good time, so for casual concert-goers they may not notice as much (though I don't see how they can't tell he just does not sound right on YCBM any more).

I got to see them on 2010 and 2011, and even if the voice change was noticeable, I enjoyed the second show as much as the first one. Hearing Estranged was just :wow:

I got to see them on 2010 and 2011, and even if the voice change was noticeable, I enjoyed the second show as much as the first one. Hearing Estranged was just :wow:

The 2011 shows I saw were still great. He still had stage the stage presence, the rasp was awesome when he used it, but the clean vocals were really mickey-ish. Doesn't hurt that I was also front-row center for both shows, and Duff was there. Still though, he could bring it:

2012-now was almost entirely Axl on 'autopilot'.

The 2011 shows I saw were still great. He still had stage the stage presence, the rasp was awesome when he used it, but the clean vocals were really mickey-ish. Doesn't hurt that I was also front-row center for both shows, and Duff was there. Still though, he could bring it:

2012-now was almost entirely Axl on 'autopilot'.

Yeah. Also, I've only read good things about the last residency, and the videos are a lot better than most of the 2012-2014 stuff, so let's hope for the best

I did like hearing Estranged and Civil War in 2012, but I wonder what they would have sounded like with 2010 voice?

He could be a bit too raspy at times in 2010, though. Songs like Better sounded better at the better shows in 2011/12.

Better.