Slash isn't worried Myles will eventually have to choose between AB and his band

KeyserSoze

Just replace Myles with Rod Jackson to make this live band even more amazing.

yeah, cause rod jackson was such an amazing lyriscist? wasn't he the junkie slash couldn't wait to fire? that's just what the guy needs
Did you actually read the post you quoted? As a live performer and in terms of vocals, Rod Jackson was clearly miles (see what I did there?) above Myles. That's all my post was saying, ya know?

I read the post, just 100% completely disagreed with you about Rod - I don't think Rod is mile's ahead of anyone - has anyone heard him the last 15 years? I mean, let's see some recent footage before you say Rod is miles ahead of Myles, cause I've seen Myles over a dozen times (w/ Slash, solo acoustic, and w Alter Bridge) and he brings it every fucking time live.

Myles is the definition of a complete musician. AB fans simply love the guy and yes, his voice. I do think his tone is a little too high when he's with Slash but the guy is a great singer. He will never be the frontman Axl used to be but he's twice the frontman Axl is, as of today, specially with a guitar in his hands.

He's not a bad singer but for me he just does the same note constantly, now when your singing live that must be great for breathing/winding techniques but when your putting notes in to emphasis the lyrics he doesn't do this enough, like Axl leaning back powering his vocals at full pitch.

yeah, cause rod jackson was such an amazing lyriscist? wasn't he the junkie slash couldn't wait to fire? that's just what the guy needs
Did you actually read the post you quoted? As a live performer and in terms of vocals, Rod Jackson was clearly miles (see what I did there?) above Myles. That's all my post was saying, ya know?

I read the post, just 100% completely disagreed with you about Rod - I don't think Rod is mile's ahead of anyone - has anyone heard him the last 15 years? I mean, let's see some recent footage before you say Rod is miles ahead of Myles, cause I've seen Myles over a dozen times (w/ Slash, solo acoustic, and w Alter Bridge) and he brings it every fucking time live.
Uh...I was talking about his STAGE PRESENCE and the vocals he delivered ON STAGE with Snakepit. Not sure why you brought up the drug or the lyrics stuff. That has nothing to do with you disagreeing, it's about you reacting to my post while not addressing any point of it and only adding the ones you want.

Simple as that.

Uh...I was talking about his STAGE PRESENCE and the vocals he delivered ON STAGE with Snakepit. Not sure why you brought up the drug or the lyrics stuff. That has nothing to do with you disagreeing, it's about you reacting to my post while not addressing any point of it and only adding the ones you want.

Simple as that.

Well it sounded if you were advocating to dump Myles for rod now, based on his work from 15 years ago with Snakepit. Which I would wholeheartedly disagree with.

Yes, and I don't see a problem. As far as I remember, since day one Slash said it would be a 3 solo-album serie with Myles, and then probably reactivate Velvet Revolver - which is already clear, Myles won't join.

Yes, and I don't see a problem. As far as I remember, since day one Slash said it would be a 3 solo-album serie with Myles, and then probably reactivate Velvet Revolver - which is already clear, Myles won't join.

Never heard of that 3 solo album thing before

He's not a bad singer but for me he just does the same note constantly, now when your singing live that must be great for breathing/winding techniques but when your putting notes in to emphasis the lyrics he doesn't do this enough, like Axl leaning back powering his vocals at full pitch.

I couldn't agree more

I wish Myles would choose AB, Slash needs a real songwriter. So much great shit on WOF reduced to mediocrity.

Not to mention the whole, you know, sounding like Debbie Gibson thing.

cause I've seen Myles over a dozen times (w/ Slash, solo acoustic, and w Alter Bridge) and he brings it every fucking time live.

Brings what... a soft, teenage girl's vagina voice? Who cares if it's in pitch. I've heard female singers with more masculinity.

Edited by combos

Myles isnt the problem,the song writing is

Incorrect. Slash came up with some great riffs, solos and whatnot on WOF, which Myles pissed on with his shitty Nickelback-lite lyrics and melodies.

Let me refraze that... Myles singing isnt the problem... The problem is no one is a great song writer. That has been the problem with all of Slash's albums, including the vr and snake pit...The music is solid the lyrics are just always average. Same problem i have with say AC/DC...

Someone doing worse than Scott Weiland or he's avoiding alimony payments. I don't know if this means Alter Bridge is put aside to help Stapp out and Myles gets to make another Conspirators album with Slash.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-11-26/scott-stapp-i-ve-been-sleeping-in-my-truck

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2014-11-13/tremonti-creed-is-furthest-thing-from-my-mind

Edited by dalsh327

Someone doing worse than Scott Weiland or he's avoiding alimony payments. I don't know if this means Alter Bridge is put aside to help Stapp out and Myles gets to make another Conspirators album with Slash.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-11-26/scott-stapp-i-ve-been-sleeping-in-my-truck

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2014-11-13/tremonti-creed-is-furthest-thing-from-my-mind

Talk about cuckoo...cuckoo...cuckoo. From what they say, he's the biggest douche around. And yeah- I don't think the Alter Bridge boys will be hooking back up with Stapp anytime soon.

No one thinks Myles singing is awesome but his dedication and work ethic make up for most of that.

Side note: WOF is a solid rock album, Slash's best so far.

Plenty of people think Myles' singing is awesome. I love his work on the first Mayfield Four album. The problem is on a Gn'R board he will be upheld to the standards of Axl Rose and that is hard to live up to as Axl is one of the greatest of all time.

Actually Myles is being compared to axl when Axl was in his prime, not even axl of 2014.

Those acoustic versions of Miles singing Civil War and scom really turned me off of his live voice. They were painful to listen to.

But the recent stuff sounds pretty good. Double Talking Jive is great. And Miles pretty much is nailing rocketqueen.....especially the ending, which is one of Axl's iconic parts.

Miles isn't as bad as I initially thought.

Those acoustic versions of Miles singing Civil War and scom really turned me off of his live voice. They were painful to listen to.

But the recent stuff sounds pretty good. Double Talking Jive is great. And Miles pretty much is nailing rocketqueen.....especially the ending, which is one of Axl's iconic parts.

Miles isn't as bad as I initially thought.

He's been nailing that long sustained note in paradise city for years now