Why do we want another album, anyway?

Dr. Who

Because CD is a masterpiece in terms of a rock album. I know most of you don't agree with that.

But for me, a GnR fan since Appetite was originally released - CD was everything I hoped for.

SOD, TWAT, Catcher, TIL, IRS, Prostitute, Sorry, Madagascar, - to me sound like classic GnR.

Better, Rhiad and Shacklers sound like a modern day GnR. Like Axl having some fun and taking some chances.

And I put Better, SOD, Catcher and TWAT as a power-four-pack up against anything released in the last decade by any rock band.

I'd love to hear 3-4 more albums that were the same quality as CD.

Sure, I'll admit it would be cool to get a less produced album or two - songs more like Nightrain and Rocketqueen. But I love the Axl ballads and the fun rockers that were on CD.

And I still see people calling you an Axl hater and Slash fanboy around here :lol:

There is one little kid that swears I'm a "slash lover" and that I only post negative posts about Axl.

This forum is the only place in the world where people don't call me an Axl worshipper. It's kind of funny.

Maynard calling you anything should already imply the exact opposite considering his penchant for getting confused. Almost up there with yours.
I'm not calling Groghan anything. :shrugs:
LOL maynard.

You seem confused and a little angry.

Because CD is a masterpiece in terms of a rock album. I know most of you don't agree with that.

But for me, a GnR fan since Appetite was originally released - CD was everything I hoped for.

SOD, TWAT, Catcher, TIL, IRS, Prostitute, Sorry, Madagascar, - to me sound like classic GnR.

Better, Rhiad and Shacklers sound like a modern day GnR. Like Axl having some fun and taking some chances.

And I put Better, SOD, Catcher and TWAT as a power-four-pack up against anything released in the last decade by any rock band.

Sure, I'll admit it would be cool to get a less produced album or two - songs more like Nightrain and Rocketqueen. But I love the Axl ballads and the fun rockers that were on CD.

And I still see people calling you an Axl hater and Slash fanboy around here :lol:

There is one little kid that swears I'm a "slash lover" and that I only post negative posts about Axl.

This forum is the only place in the world where people don't call me an Axl worshipper. It's kind of funny.

Maynard calling you anything should already imply the exact opposite considering his penchant for getting confused. Almost up there with yours.
LOL maynard.

Thank you very much for proving my point. I do appreciate it.

LOL maynard.

If you say so. Always glad to make the doesn't give a shit boy happy.

LOL maynard.

You never fail to.

LOL maynard.
You never fail to.

I don't give a shit.

So where were we? Oh right, Groghan is a big Chinese Democracy fanboy! :lol:

Slash fans can't love CD? They are mutually exclusive now? I see you're confused and proving my point yet again so I will thank you for it yet again. You're the best.

lol

Edited by ProstituteComa

Where is the option for hating Axl's overdub masturbation and Slash's 80s turds in equal measure?

Where are you looking for options? There is no poll. You've had that option in your head all along.

Slash fans can't love CD? They are mutually exclusive now? I see you're confused and proving my point yet again so I will thank you for it yet again. You're the best.

lol Maynard
FTFY. Edited by Damn_Smooth

Where is the option for hating Axl's overdub masturbation and Slash's 80s turds in equal measure?

Where are you looking for options? There is no poll. You've had that option in your head all along.

lol Maynard]/quote]FTFY.

Having a little trouble with technology today huh? It's ok.

You don't read Groghan's posts because you don't give a shit but he made it very clear more than once that he doesn't really care about Slash. Not sure if I'd call him a fan.

lol Maynard]/quote]FTFY.

Having a little trouble with technology today huh? It's ok. You don't read Groghan's posts because you don't give a shit but he made it very clear more than once that he doesn't really care about Slash. Not sure if I'd call him a fan.
I'd have left my issues with technology had it not been for your whining about them in the first place. Thanks for letting me waste my time.

Professing that you are something and being something are 2 different things. I understand that your confusion won't allow you to understand that, but trust me, it's true. When you're constantly defending something against the evil Axl nutters, you are a fan of that thing by default. Even a little kid like me can understand something so simple.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Normally I agree with you but your and my take on CD are 180 degrees opposite. To many ballads, not enough rockers, and the experimental songs kind of blow.

lol Maynard]/quote]FTFY.
Having a little trouble with technology today huh? It's ok. You don't read Groghan's posts because you don't give a shit but he made it very clear more than once that he doesn't really care about Slash. Not sure if I'd call him a fan.
I'd have left my issues with technology had it not been for your whining about them in the first place. Thanks for letting me waste my time.

Proffesing that you are something and being something are 2 different things. I understand that your confusion won't allow you to understand that, but trust me, it's true. When you're constantly defending something against the evil Axl nutters, you are a fan of that thing by default. Even a little kid like me can understand something so simple.

Trying to read your fucked up posts do confuse me a bit :lol:

Maybe when you fix your computer/learn how to quote I can try again.

lol Maynard]/quote]FTFY.
I'd have left my issues with technology had it not been for you[r whining about them in the first place. Thanks for letting me waste my time.

Proffesing that you are something and being something are 2 ]different things. I understand that your confusion won't allow you to understand that, but trust me, it's true. When you're constantly defending something against the evil Axl nutters, you are a fan of that thing by default. Even a little kid like me can understand something so simple.

Trying to read your fucked up posts do confuse me a bit :lol: Maybe when you fix your computer/learn how to quote I can try again.

Not fixing anything. Last time I did you didn't utilize it. You're on your own now.

Normally I agree with you but your and my take on CD are 180 degrees opposite. To many ballads, not enough rockers, and the experimental songs kind of blow.

Lot's of people agree with you. I've always liked rock ballads better than the faster songs....so CD was a dream come true for me! But I can understand why people would want more rockers on the next album.

Pros-Coma don't waste your time. DS isn't here to have meaningful chats about GnR. His gimmic is to try and piss people off. You'll notice he is always fighting and insulting other posters. Russ??? Not sure why mods let him continually derail threads.

Lot's of people agree with you. I've always liked rock ballads better than the faster songs....so CD was a dream come true for me! But I can understand why people would want more rockers on the next album.

Pros-Coma don't waste your time. DS isn't here to have meaningful chats about GnR. His gimmic is to try and piss people off. You'll notice he is always fighting and insulting other posters. Russ??? Not sure why mods let him continually derail threads.

Pot.

Well it´s not that I "want" a new album. Axl decided to carry on with the name GN´R and a new version of the band. He has to do more than just a Vegas residency. The new band has to be productive.

Yes you do. You want it. Don't lie. You'll listen to it if it comes out. (just my own ego driven bullshit guess)

I don´t lie. What I want is a reunion. But that seems it will never happend. Unlike you I didn´t like CD and I´m not interested in this new band anymore. Back in 2001 I used to think that Axl would be capable to make me forget about the past. Unfortunately in my case it didn´t happen. Would I buy a new album? I guess so, just out of curiosity and to hear those songs we already know the titles. But I doubt I like it.

This. This and This.

CD was crap... and if CD 2 is an extension of that... why bother?? A remix ambum??? WTF would i want to listen to that either? GNR is/was a rock band. Remixing shit that already stinks is going to still stink if its remixed...

Reunion is pretty much the only thing that would satisfy a large proportion of the fans at the moment. Of course.. some people want the hired hands to bring out an album but i really couldnt care less about it at this stage.