Dizzy: "Theres New GNR Material People NEED to Hear"

Agreed Dizzy.

Axl - please share your new music with your millions of fans. Remember us? The fans? The people who have spent their hard earned money over the last 25 years supporting your career!!! When you sit back in the beautiful mansion, with a killer pool and a bank account full of tens of millions of dollars......think of us! And please start sharing your music with us. Don't listen to the haters and negative people, just concentrate on those couple of million of us fans that love your music. Thanks.

Dizzy is starting to look more and more like Weird Al Yankovick.

Edited by Groghan

For those who watched the video, does Dizzy mention his problem with people who are square? I recall him talking about how people should stop being square. An update about it would be nice.

It's shapist against people who are round.

• Like 4

I encourage people to watch this video. It's the perfect example of the difference between being a band member and a hired hand.

Dizzy Reed is a band member of The Dead Daisies, that's why he's able to say "we're doing this and that, we're recording 4 new songs in the next months and then we'll be touring Australia in New Zealand." When it comes to Guns N' Roses, he just said "last I heard, there's a lot of material and it's a matter of picking what's on the next record" which is the same bullshit he's said in the last 4 or 5 years. What the fuck is this "last I heard" shit, anyway? :lol:

For those deluded misguided fans who kept insisting that "this is a band!!!1", well, there's your proof. It isn't. It's just the Axl Rose band with a bunch of hired musicians getting paid to play other people's material.

I encourage people to watch this video. It's the perfect example of the difference between being a band member and a hired hand.Dizzy Reed is a band member of The Dead Daisies, that's why he's able to say "we're doing this and that, we're recording 4 new songs in the next months and then we'll be touring Australia in New Zealand." When it comes to Guns N' Roses, he just said "last I heard, there's a lot of material and it's a matter of picking what's on the next record" which is the same bullshit he's said in the last 4 or 5 years. What the fuck is this "last I heard" shit, anyway? :lol:For those deluded misguided fans who kept insisting that "this is a band!!!1", well, there's your proof. It isn't. It's just the Axl Rose band with a bunch of hired musicians getting paid to play other people's material.

Sorry, it's not a band, it's the Axl Rose what? :lol: You are so entertaining.

• Like 1

Sorry, it's not a band, it's the Axl Rose what? :lol: You are so entertaining.

When people say that this band "it's a band", they say it because they mistakenly think all the members are treated equally and that other members aside from Rose have voice and vote - which isn't the case, as demonstrated in that video.

For those deluded misguided fans who kept insisting that "this is a band!!!1", well, there's your proof. It isn't. It's just the Axl Rose band with a bunch of hired musicians getting paid to play other people's material.

No, it's not like they would do it only for the money. Here's what I think it is:

1) They would all like to do stuff for the band. But they can't because their singer seems to be unenthusiastic about it.

2) You can't move forward without your vocalist. And it would be awkward if they would just come together and record stuff without Axl.

3) And yes, ultimately Axl will decide what will happen with Gn'R. But I don't see is as an abuse of power. Not at all. Of course, it is not nice for him to not allow them to move forward. But if he won't do it, there's only so many things you can do without your vocalist.

Fair points.

But then again, if "the vocalist" is the only one who can decide what is the next step. Don't you think that's just one man's decision in a band with 7 members who are supposed to be as important? If the other members can't say or do anything, other than going in circles regarding new stuff, then they're nothing but hired hands. That's not how a "band" works.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

2) You can't move forward without your vocalist. And it would be awkward if they would just come together and record stuff without Axl.

Yes, you can. It was a late formula of the original GNR. The band showed up to rehearse and record, wait for Axl, get tired and leave. Eventually Axl would show up and lay vocals much later.

If they aren't allowed to record things as a band(as BBF has suggested), then it's absolutely NOT a cohesive "band." It's just a bunch of guys waiting for their numbers to be called so they can go lay some audition for recording. That's such a sterile and DOA process.

The band might've been interested in getting together to write music and yadda yadda yadda some years ago. But now? After each interview it just becomes clearer that GNR is their side project and they all have real bands where they can write, release and play their music and decide its future. GNR is Axl's thing and the other guys are paid to accept it and be happy with it. I'd love their jobs, to be honest.

Yes, you can. It was a late formula of the original GNR. The band showed up to rehearse and record, wait for Axl, get tired and leave. Eventually Axl would show up and lay vocals much later.

If they aren't allowed to record things as a band(as BBF has suggested), then it's absolutely NOT a cohesive "band." It's just a bunch of guys waiting for their numbers to be called so they can go lay some audition for recording. That's such a sterile and DOA process.

Indeed.

That's what I wanted to say in the first place. You just explained it better.