RIP Eric Carr

WFA

The drummer from KISS>

Eric Carr came from one of my old Brooklyn neighborhoods.

His mom owed a dress shop in Brooklyn and I knew her. After awhile, Eric bought her a new home on Long Island and she sold the shop and moved.

He was very talented and I think he probably would have still been in KISS if he hadn't died before his time.

The drummer from KISS>

His mom owed a dress shop in Brooklyn and I knew her. After awhile, Eric bought her a new home on Long Island and she sold the shop and moved.

He was very talented and I think he probably would have still been in KISS if he hadn't died before his time.

I always speculated that if Carr hadn't have died then the reunion tour would have been with him in Fox make-up and Ace considering Paul and Gene's hesitance to work with Peter again, even though they both ended up saying Peter was a joy on the tour.

Rest in peace Eric - one hell of a drummer and seemed like a genuine guy.

The drummer from KISS>

I think the reunion was inevitable, Bruce and Eric would have been sidelined either way, but I don't know if he would have come back after the reunion. McGhee had his reasons to push the reunion at the time.

The late Eric Carr was the drummer in Kiss when you first joined. How well did he fit in?
He was just, like, not real happy. Usually there were two limos for the gigs, and it was usually Gene and Paul in one and Eric and me in the other, and Eric would just be complaining about various things. And I'd be like, you know, you gotta shut up. You're killing me. You know how many people would want your gig right now? Every band needs a pecking order – Gene and Paul are kind of like the two presidents, and you're not gonna get the same power. And I think Eric didn't know how to fit in with that, just let it kind of bother him, and I just wanted to slap him around. But we became very close. He was the best with the fans, I gotta say. But it drove me crazy that he was that miserable. Now, in time, I got to see what some of the faults are of being part of the band. Things don't always go down the way you think they might go down. But in general, Gene and Paul run a very, very hard-working, focused kind of band. They're very dedicated to what they do and how they're perceived, and how to make it go from A to Z. That might mean your feelings might be hurt to make it happen. So be it.
Edited by dalsh327