Slash and Myles play "Double Talking Jive" last night in Amsterdam

KeyserSoze

Oh my God! That sucked!

I hate that Myles's voice and he does not sound good at all singing this amazing song.

No one can beat Axl's performance on the album.

This is very ignorant. Axl is only on there for the small chorus. So what's exactly what no one can beat? You gotta consider that Axl sounds terribly awful nowadays so it's not that hard to "beat" him.

I actually hated when Axl sang this live.

Really? Why?

I did too. I just thought it was cheesy with the 'you dig...' part and the homefuck. And I don't like the voice he uses at those parts

This really comes as a surprise to me. I always loved that "homefuck" part. :lol:

Ok.....so I used to hate it back in the day. Like when I'd watch Tokyo or listen to a boot back in '92, I'd think "How laaaaaaame". Nowadays, I say the whole "You diiiig? What the FUCK I'm sayin'?? HOOOOOME FUCK!" thing every time I hear the song whether or not it's live or the studio. :lol:

ok now i regret i didn't go....

Why wouldn't you go?

because i don't really like this project of Slash you know? the band he is in and i only like his first album

Even then, you know it's gonna be a good show. The band is great live. Even if I don't dig the new Metallica, I probably wouldn't miss a concert of theirs if they came here.

ok now i regret i didn't go....

Why wouldn't you go?

because i don't really like this project of Slash you know? the band he is in and i only like his first album

Even then, you know it's gonna be a good show. The band is great live. Even if I don't dig the new Metallica, I probably wouldn't miss a concert of theirs if they came here.

yeah true, i do regret that i didn't go lol but Slash comes to holland like every year so i bet there will be another chance soon

Wasn't the finding the head in a garbage can supposed to be a true story? Or is this just a myth

About the song in their own words

Axl: The first line in the song [came] when they found a guy's head and an arm in the garbage can at the recording studio we were recording in. It lets you know how serious it can be sometimes.

Slash: I don't know where that idea [with the classical guitar solo] came from. It popped into my head, and I picked up a real nice Spanish guitar, which I kept. It came out of nowhere, so I spliced it on the end. It's played with a pick. Duff's playing acoustic, strumming behind that, too. Then I put the lead on top.

Axl: Izzy wrote it! I think he was writing a song all about himself! He was having a real introspective moment. This is for him, well first, lets dedicate it to him, because he's nothing but a Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker.

Axl: You guys remember Izzy? Yeah? Well fuck Izzy! This is the 'Izzy Stradlin Can Suck My Dick' song! This is a song that Izzy wrote probably about himself one morning when he was looking in the mirror on too much crack! This is a song called Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker.

Slash: "Double Talkin' Jive" might be magic one night.

Slash: The end of "Double Talkin' Jive" always intimidates me.

I keep asking why Slash don't perform Double Talking Jive?

..and now he (..and Myles) has!

- maybe he visit's this board ;D

GREAT GREAT STUFF!!!!! - one of my fav. Gn'R songs of all time, and only Slash can perform it!

Axl, don't get any funny ideas about doing a cover job ;P

Edited by star
  • Like 2