Question about alcohol/alcoholism?

Dr. Who

How can one be an alcoholic and remain slim? Like if you look at a lot of all the time great alcoholics, Errol Flynn, David Niven, Peter O'Toole, Richard Burton, F. Scott Fitzgerald, all those guys basically drank themselves to death yet they retained slim faces and slim bodies. How can one be an alcoholic yet not get bloated in the body or face? How can one be an alcoholic, or engage in alcohol at least once a week, without liver damage or long term liver problems?

You're not an alcoholic if you drink once a week. You're not even an alcoholic if you drink once a day really. Not properly anyways.

Also the guys that you talk about liked the hard liquor which doesn't really put the weight on you.

Edited by Dazey

When I drink, I only drink Jack, Jameson, or Smirnoff. Beer and Ales have no effect on me at all. plus I should add I hate the taste of beer. Beer tastes like the liquid form of a burp. Vodka and Jack taste nice once you get over the burn. I like red wine, but it has to be rich. But that's not heavy.

Edited by Dr. Who

:lol:

Welcome back, Miser.

First, drinking once a week barely counts as drinking let alone being an alcoholic, and like Dazey said if you drink just hard liquor it makes a difference. It's the mixers that'll add the weight to you, so if you drink it straight you're fine. Same thing with beer really, If you have one or two your body should be able to handle it but if you drink a 6-pack or more you'll probably look bloated in the morning.

plus I should add I hate the taste of beer. Beer tastes like the liquid form of a burp. Vodka and Jack taste nice once you get over the burn. I like red wine, but it has to be rich. But that's not heavy.

Do you also sit down to piss?

Once in a blue moon my lad.

Edited by Dr. Who

My dad was an alcoholic and had the charactertic beer gut but was actually underweight because he would barely eat anything. I remember one time he was drinking some shit called banana beer and tried to convince me their was 'a dinners worth in it' lol he was such a funny man.

I want to drink, without the beer gut or any notable sign of it physically. Don't want to get fat or fat faced.

Alcoholics actually tailor their whole life around alcohol. You are literally on a liquid diet. The people with beer guts are not genuine alcoholics. They are just fat beer drinking slobs. It goes back to what Alice Cooper said: you never see an alcoholic drunk or slobbing over; the genuine alcoholics carry a bottle of Listerine around and mints and go into work and actually, function.

• Like 2

How can one be an alcoholic and remain slim? Like if you look at a lot of all the time great alcoholics, Errol Flynn, David Niven, Peter O'Toole, Richard Burton, F. Scott Fitzgerald, all those guys basically drank themselves to death yet they retained slim faces and slim bodies. How can one be an alcoholic yet not get bloated in the body or face? How can one be an alcoholic, or engage in alcohol at least once a week, without liver damage or long term liver problems?

Did you ever get to try heroin?

Alcoholism is a state whereby when you try to quit there's a good chance you might die, its a very extreme state of affairs which is not characterised by your average 5 pints a night type lad.

True alcoholism gives you the shits and the shakes when you try to quit, it is about abject misery, its not this new age thing where they go 'all drinking according to routine is a form of alcoholism' which is sort of like saying all eating of food above that which you need to survive constitutes an eating disorder, its rubbish.