Megadeth- Shawn Drover and Chris Broderick Suddenly Quit

Bro-mero

It was announced today that Megadeth drummer Shawn Drover has quit the band, and no more than 12 hours later, guitarist Chris Broderick announces on Twitter that he is leaving as well.

Time for Marty Friedman and Nick Menza to return to create Rust In Peace II? One can dream...

Thoughts/New Information?

Heard Shawn left but Chris too? Mustaine being a fanny is an easy way to go but after an incident where he was blamed by default last year here in Australia and it wasnt his fault, Imma let this one reveal itself.

Friedman and Menza would be the king considering Dave said he was purposely writing a Rust in Peace sounding album.

Can you eleborate more about that incident? I for one, was stoked when a friend said it in a Whatsapp Metal Group we have this morning. I really believe this band had become stale since Endgame. Although I respect Broderick and Drover, I think they didn't fit the band.

Megadeth was gonna play the Soundwave Festival here in Australia at the start of the year. They were gonna do sideshows with Newsted as support. All of a sudden, Newsted got kicked off the sideshow tour. The festival promoter essentially let it fester, resulting in many, including myself, chanting "Dave's to blame, ginger cockbag bla bla" but when Dave finally chimed in he stated it had nothing to do with him and then Newkid kicked in saying that Mustaine had nothing to do with it and they were good mates.

Anyone thinking Lombardo would be good? I think it would be beastly given he can't get Menza back or wouldn't (be called Nick greedy and all that in the RIP reissue booklet FFS) and Gar Samuelson is obviously dead.

Megadeth was gonna play the Soundwave Festival here in Australia at the start of the year. They were gonna do sideshows with Newsted as support. All of a sudden, Newsted got kicked off the sideshow tour. The festival promoter essentially let it fester, resulting in many, including myself, chanting "Dave's to blame, ginger cockbag bla bla" but when Dave finally chimed in he stated it had nothing to do with him and then Newkid kicked in saying that Mustaine had nothing to do with it and they were good mates.

Anyone thinking Lombardo would be good? I think it would be beastly given he can't get Menza back or wouldn't (be called Nick greedy and all that in the RIP reissue booklet FFS) and Gar Samuelson is obviously dead.

Ah, thank you I remember again. Lombardo would be an awesome choice. I still hope Nick will be back and it will be a RIP reunion, but one can probably only dream. Portnoy would also be cool :P. Wonder who the new guitarist will be...

Friedman's not a metal guy anymore. Like he said Megadeth is very monochromatic, only gun metal grey, and he likes to paint in different colours. Inferno is pretty bloody good, the last Megadeth was definitely more of the same from Megadeth. If anything Dave should put Megadeth on hold for a while, and do something with James and Lars.

• Like 1

I'm guessing Drover/Broderick didn't like the direction of the new album Dave was writing, and had enough of the band..Broderick's a huge loss to the band

A reunion line-up just isn't going to happen because of the bridges Dave burned with most of the Megadeth alumni, I have a feeling we're close to the end (again) of the band

• Like 1

There's no way Friedman will ever be back in the band. I could see Menza and/or Poland coming back. Dave and Chris are on good terms these days, but Dave would have to mend the relationship with Nick if he were to ever consider going back to Megadeth.

I'm still pretty shocked about this. I don't think it has anything to do with the new album. They weren't supposed to be in the studio until January/February, so I don't see that as a big factor. I also don't think Lombardo would join as the new drummer. I think he had his fill of egos when he departed from Slayer. I don't think he'd want to go with another major ego in Mustaine. But I could be wrong.

I guess we'll see.

lombardo has been keeping himself busy with quite a few projects and like zeppelin said i think dave had enough of the stuff in slayer and i doubt he would want to get back into it with mustaine.

it is interesting thought that about 3 weeks ago a new project was formed featuring both nick menza and chris poland(also james lomenzo another megadeth alumni)