Megadeth- Shawn Drover and Chris Broderick Suddenly Quit

Bro-mero

Here's another guy who struggles to keep a solid line up, one of the main issues I don't doubt here however is Dave wants 90% control of the songwriting (and it's usually fucking good so can't complain too much). Drover was a reliable drummer, solid but nothing else imo. Broderick however was a wonderful guitarist, best player since Friedman imo and 3rd behind Marty and Poland. Broderick is a retarded loss to incur, surely Dave is running out of guitarists at this point. Super Collider was an average record, he just keeps churning stuff out every 2 years. Since the rebirth, TWNAH was average, The System Has Failed was decent, United Abominations was good, Endgame was excellent, 13 was good... he needs to slow the fuck down, he's not strapped for cash and people will see Megadeth regardless. This isn't an unforeseen development since Megadeth has rarely remained the same 4 for more than 2 albums, it was definitely a very good unit though, cutting half of them is a big mistake for me but maybe he couldn't prevent it or he's planning a RIP cash grab.

Here's another guy who struggles to keep a solid line up, one of the main issues I don't doubt here however is Dave wants 90% control of the songwriting (and it's usually fucking good so can't complain too much). Drover was a reliable drummer, solid but nothing else imo. Broderick however was a wonderful guitarist, best player since Friedman imo and 3rd behind Marty and Poland. Broderick is a retarded loss to incur, surely Dave is running out of guitarists at this point. Super Collider was an average record, he just keeps churning stuff out every 2 years. Since the rebirth, TWNAH was average, The System Has Failed was decent, United Abominations was good, Endgame was excellent, 13 was good... he needs to slow the fuck down, he's not strapped for cash and people will see Megadeth regardless. This isn't an unforeseen development since Megadeth has rarely remained the same 4 for more than 2 albums, it was definitely a very good unit though, cutting half of them is a big mistake for me but maybe he couldn't prevent it or he's planning a RIP cash grab.

it honestly wouldnt surprised me if dave folded on megadeth and went and did something else for a while.

Wow, too bad. Guess Dave is a dick. What is Mr. Friedman doing these days? Japan?

yeah he lives in japan he does anime and video game music. he also works with these groups that i guess are manufactured female pop idols or some shit i dont know its kind of weird, he also covers j pop songs. his inferno album is pretty good and goes back to his metal roots.

• Like 1

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dave-lombardo-reportedly-open-to-replacing-shawn-drover-in-megadeth/

MegaDave needs to happen. If they end up having 3 guys in the band named Dave, they'd be dropping the ball so hard to have a fourth member not named Dave.

MegaDave! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

if lombardo joins megadeth(or megadave) i would do backflips for a week. lombardo is one of my all time favorite drummers.

I've never been a Slayer or Megadeth fan but Í has much respect for Lombardo via Fantomas ( seen em a fair few times) and would be very interested to hear him with Mustaine.

From what interviews I've seen with him Mustaine comes across as a bit of a fruitcake, I remember one where he was raving about conspiracy theories and the internet and all this shit- I think it might have been the one where he brought Metallica up and then got pissy and stormed out of the interview blaming the woman who was interviewing him for bringing up Metallica, lols.

Dave is a great writer and riff maker, but as a lead player he's miles behind Kirk.

I can't stand Kirk. It's like he doesn't even try. His DM solos are patheticly uninspired, his solo performances are good but only up until his solo spot - WTF is up with Star Wars theme? Man.. Seeing John5's solo spot the same day as Kirk's spot was terrifying for me. He might be technically skilled but man, is he dull. Makes me wonder what happened to the guy who wrote the Fade To Black, MoP, Fuel, One and Sandman solos.
  • Like 1

I feel bad for Mustaine right now. His mother-in-law, who went missing a while back, was just found dead. He seemed to be pretty upset when she went missing. Tough times for him and his family right now, unfortunately.

yeah that is a sad story, they said it didnt appear to be foul play.

Dave is a great writer and riff maker, but as a lead player he's miles behind Kirk.

I can't stand Kirk. It's like he doesn't even try. His DM solos are patheticly uninspired, his solo performances are good but only up until his solo spot - WTF is up with Star Wars theme? Man.. Seeing John5's solo spot the same day as Kirk's spot was terrifying for me. He might be technically skilled but man, is he dull. Makes me wonder what happened to the guy who wrote the Fade To Black, MoP, Fuel, One and Sandman solos.

He became old

also have you heard Anastasia? and like it? then you would like Kirk's solo in The Day That never Comes because it's almost identical

On topic: i think this is the end for Megadeth and Dave Mustaine is dealing with some deep personal shit right now (her old demented mother in law found dead yesterday)...

Lombardo in Megadeth would not sound good at all

aaand this

He is too good for Megadeth, sorry

Edited by Motivation

Lombardo in the band would definitely be a draw, only task then would be finding a decent guitarist also named Dave so the band can truly be Megadave :lol:

Mustaine should call Malmsteen, just to see how well a couple of the biggest ego's in the industry get along.

I really don't think it's the end of Megadeth. Dave's been through tough times before with the band on several occasions. I know he's older, but I don't see that happening yet. Even when the band was on hiatus and Dave was recording a solo album, it turned into a Megadeth album. Maybe he'll actually do a solo album before trying another one with Megadeth, but I don't see this as the end of the band.

He disbanded the band in 2001/2002 because his arm was paralyzed, had to recover and re-teach himself guitar and STILL came back. So NO WAY this will be the end of Megadeth. Right now I'm just curious how Ellefson will explain the future of the band/what happened etc. in the upcoming fanclub chat.