What music do you like, in general?

Snake-Pit

I am going through one of my, anti-rock phrases, which happen every now and then in which I decide all rock music is absolute garbage (sans the 1950s version of rock) and start calling classical music 'proper music' or 'real music' and rock music, 'kiddies music'. It will wear off; it usually does; but this phrase has lasted two months or so. It is hard to put it in words but I hate the whole - buy ticket with your entire life savings; wear customary black t-shirt with said band logo on it; attend soulless hockey arena; watch said old farts 'play hits' along with a bunch of mentally retarded mullet headed retards - process, that goes into attending live shows these days. It just seems one big corporate scam. The Who, Stones, Queen - they are all at it, milking it with £80 tickets. Axl and Metallica basically cannot be arsed to record albums anymore, such is the lucre on offer and lack of creativity. I find the whole process, off-putting.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Serious answer - my taste is honestly pretty plain, which is why I find it funny when people call me a hipster on here. Most of my music library is made up of very mainstream rock (60s-70s is probably my favorite era), hip-hop and pop artists. The most "out there" my tastes get are bands like Radiohead and Neutral Milk Hotel.

But, I don't like 80's rock, so I'm a hipster rite?

I am going through one of my, anti-rock phrases, which happen every now and then in which I decide all rock music is absolute garbage (sans the 1950s version of rock) and start calling classical music 'proper music' or 'real music' and rock music, 'kiddies music'. It will wear off; it usually does; but this phrase has lasted two months or so. It is hard to put it in words but I hate the whole - buy ticket with your entire life savings; wear customary black t-shirt with said band logo on it; attend soulless hockey arena; watch said old farts 'play hits' along with a bunch of mentally retarded mullet headed retards - process, that goes into attending live shows these days. It just seems one big corporate scam. The Who, Stones, Queen - they are all at it, milking it with £80 tickets. Axl and Metallica basically cannot be arsed to record albums anymore, such is the lucre on offer and lack of creativity. I find the whole process, off-putting.

If you ever want to try some country music, I'll give you some suggestions.

I can't listen to a lot of new music because I like older music a lot better. I only invest in CD's so I don't go for concerts. I just hate people.

I can't listen to a lot of new music because I like older music a lot better. I only invest in CD's so I don't go for concerts. I just hate people.

I may decide to go to the opera or The Proms next year so, fuck yee.

polka

Pennsylvania :headbang:

Scranton's cool

Philadelphia's cool

Willow Grove's American home town to me. - I liked it.

Seaside Heights, NJ was my home in NJ, but Willow Grove was my home in America. I spent time between there and weekends in New Jersey.

PA_TPK_Willow_Grove_tollbooth.JPG

This takes me back. :) To get from the place where all my stuff was @ to where this pic is; you start on Commerce Ave, turn left on Maryland Rd, turn left on to the big main street/Easton which takes you to the turnpike.

Though, to be honest; These songs remind me of that whole experience.

(Songs played a lot in the car in America). - America is a road to me, that's how long I spent in the car.

Fun times!

When I went to Scranton, I left from Willow Grove, spent a couple of hours in Scranton, loved it, but instead of going from there back home/Willow Grove, PA; We got the call while in Scranton asking us to go to Delaware that night for something in the evening/Meet people at this friend of the family's house, was fun... Though tbh, I found out today/yesterday that the woman who's house I went to in Delaware/friend of the family died. :( - I found that out yesteday still. :(

She was from FL, we met her when she was working in Phoenix, AZ, then they transferred her to Philadelphia, PA - if they wouldn't have done that, we would have went to Phoenix! :lol: - She got a house in Delaware and worked in Pennsylvania and she was the one who got my family in America. R.I.P Trisha :(

Edited by Snake-Pit

I may decide to go to the opera or The Proms next year so, fuck yee.

I actually been wanting to go to the Royal Opera House, yknow, see what its like :)

Do you like Snakepit more than Guns N' Roses, Snakepit?

Nope, Love Guns N' Roses

However, I didn't want to P' in everybody's faces and be like, yeah, you can post Guns N' Roses too, look at me, I just did it - sort of thing.

But yes; I listen to/like Guns N' Roses.

and, you can post Guns N' Roses too...

polka

Pennsylvania :headbang:

Scranton's cool

Philadelphia's cool

Willow Grove's American home town to me. - I liked it.

Seaside Heights, NJ was my home in NJ, but Willow Grove was my home in America. I spent time between there and weekends in New Jersey.

PA_TPK_Willow_Grove_tollbooth.JPG

This takes me back. :) To get from the place where all my stuff was @ to where this pic is; you start on Commerce Ave, turn left on Maryland Rd, turn left on to the big main street/Easton which takes you to the turnpike.

Though, to be honest; These songs remind me of that whole experience.

(Songs played a lot in the car in America). - America is a road to me, that's how long I spent in the car.

Fun times!

When I went to Scranton, I left from Willow Grove, spent a couple of hours in Scranton, loved it, but instead of going from there back home/Willow Grove, PA; We got the call while in Scranton asking us to go to Delaware that night for something in the evening/Meet people at this friend of the family's house, was fun... Though tbh, I found out today/yesterday that the woman who's house I went to in Delaware/friend of the family died. :( - I found that out yesteday still. :(

She was from FL, we met her when she was working in Phoenix, AZ, then they transferred her to Philadelphia, PA - if they wouldn't have done that, we would have went to Phoenix! :lol: - She got a house in Delaware and worked in Pennsylvania and she was the one who got my family in America. R.I.P Trisha :(

Scranton is a few minutes away from my hometown! That place is unfortunately going to hell in a hand basket these days.