Slash picks up European Guitar Award

KeyserSoze

It would just be weird to award someone this kind of thing almost 20ish years since he made 3.5 good albums with the first band he broke into the business with. Mind you, they did put Nirvana into the Rock Hall Of Fame on account of one single album. On the other hand they pretty much made rock fans and music world in general forget about Guns pretty much overnight.

I'd say VR reminded people he was still there, and that's why all this later career praise is starting to come in.

Regardless of what Slash did post-Guns (which is good to very good in my humble opinion), the guy deserves all the awards and praising he gets. From being a 'blues man' in the middle of the 80s glam super fast guitar players, to being an independent artist making a kind of music with a very limited audience and being successful in doing so just shows how this guy has fought and fights hard for what he loves: money lol salsh media whore Music.

• Like 1

He deserves every award, but also a kick in the nards for the Fergie thing.

Speaking broadly for the mainstream, he's the last of the guitar Gods.

The Fergie thing, the Michael Jackson thing, Ozzy thing, the soccer game thing, the whole Myles thing etc. etc... The list goes on and on.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

So you believe with your heart of hearts that Axl's post Slash career is what earned him that Golden God award?

That's just the one album though...

So the one album got him that award?

No, that's more to point out that we can't be speaking of this long diverse multiple milestone career. Just the one album. At the same time, Guns with the two of them together are pretty much a one album band. AFD is the one timeless classic they have, sure the GNR hipster fans may prefer one UYI or the other, but really deep down, it begins and pretty much ends with AFD.

Edited by moreblack

So you believe with your heart of hearts that Axl's post Slash career is what earned him that Golden God award?

No, that's more to point out that we can't be speaking of this long diverse multiple milestone career. Just the one album.

So you're saying that Guns isn't the highlight of Slash's career?

• Like 1

No, that's more to point out that we can't be speaking of this long diverse multiple milestone career. Just the one album.

I'd say certainly the biggest one, but not the only one.

It's a good thing and he fuckin' deserves it. Well done. He never stopped doing what he loved. I respect that, and I think Wasted said it best: "he's a warrior, he can tour in a way that Axl can't". Or some shit.

It's in his blood to play his guitar live and he will probably become a legend after he's gone.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I'd say certainly the biggest one, but not the only one.

Are you saying that his work in Guns doesn't warrant any award that comes his way?

No, that's more to point out that we can't be speaking of this long diverse multiple milestone career. Just the one album. At the same time, Guns with the two of them together are pretty much a one album band. AFD is the one timeless classic they have, sure the GNR hipster fans may prefer one UYI or the other, but really deep down, it begins and pretty much ends with AFD.

That might be true for fans of rock music, but GNR is a big enough name to go past that. When you say Slash the image that probably comes to most people's mind is him doing the solo in front of the church in the November Rain video and after SCOM their most famous songs are surely Don't Cry, November Rain and Heaven's Door.

That might be true for fans of rock music, but GNR is a big enough name to go past that. When you say Slash the image that probably comes to most people's mind is him doing the solo in front of the church in the November Rain video and after SCOM their most famous songs are surely Don't Cry, November Rain and Heaven's Door.

Mainstream-wise, I'd say Jungle, PC and Patience have to be near the top.

Slash's November Rain outro alone is just as recognizable in the mainstream public as most songs on Appetite. Illusions is what showed people this band was more then just what was on Appetite, even if they never topped it or when you really think about it, came close in quality/impact as a record, but there was brilliant shit inside the mess that was UYI and people ate it up and every Slash solo is perfect on there imo. I love every single one. Deep cuts like Don't Damn Me, epics like Civil War, Coma, and Estranged/November Rain and you've got Perfect Crime, Dead Horse, and fuckin' You Could Be Mine.

Edited by Rovim

Jungle isn't really that well known outside America. Paradise City yes but not quite at the same level as the hit ballads.