Slash picks up European Guitar Award

KeyserSoze

Welcome to the jungle is well known outside of the States. It gets regular airplay on sport events for example. Won't say SCOM, NR, PC, Don't Cry and KOHD aren't that known, but Jungle is a popular song as well

It's a pretty bold claim to say Jungle isn't that well known. It's one of the most popular GNR songs of all time.

So you believe with your heart of hearts that Axl's post Slash career is what earned him that Golden God award?

That's just the one album though...

So the one album got him that award?

No, that's more to point out that we can't be speaking of this long diverse multiple milestone career. Just the one album. At the same time, Guns with the two of them together are pretty much a one album band. AFD is the one timeless classic they have, sure the GNR hipster fans may prefer one UYI or the other, but really deep down, it begins and pretty much ends with AFD.

That might be true for fans of rock music, but GNR is a big enough name to go past that. When you say Slash the image that probably comes to most people's mind is him doing the solo in front of the church in the November Rain video and after SCOM their most famous songs are surely Don't Cry, November Rain and Heaven's Door.

Mainstream-wise, I'd say Jungle, PC and Patience have to be near the top.

Jungle isn't really that well known outside America. Paradise City yes but not quite at the same level as the hit ballads.

You must be joking. Jungle is popular as shit outside of America. It's an iconic hard rock song that people love and recognize in many, many countries including mine.

• Like 1

His work in general. He didn't let the leaving of one of the biggest bands of all time, stop him for even a moment.

No kidding. Unlike a certain singer who let it slow him to a grinding halt.

That's up to your level of blind fanboyism.

Funny you say that shit considering it's your idiotic blind Axl zealot fanboysim that causes you to hate everything Slash does.

• Like 1

Jungle isn't really that well known outside America.

:rolleyes: I can't believe some of the shit I read on this site on a daily basis. Seriously Jungle is one of the most recognized and popular songs in rock history and the intro is one of the most recognized intros ever all around the world. How can anyone even begin to say the song isn't well known outside the States? It's just flat out not even remotely true.

• Like 1

So you believe with your heart of hearts that Axl's post Slash career is what earned him that Golden God award?

No, that's more to point out that we can't be speaking of this long diverse multiple milestone career. Just the one album. At the same time, Guns with the two of them together are pretty much a one album band. AFD is the one timeless classic they have, sure the GNR hipster fans may prefer one UYI or the other, but really deep down, it begins and pretty much ends with AFD.

That might be true for fans of rock music, but GNR is a big enough name to go past that. When you say Slash the image that probably comes to most people's mind is him doing the solo in front of the church in the November Rain video and after SCOM their most famous songs are surely Don't Cry, November Rain and Heaven's Door.

Jungle isn't really that well known outside America. Paradise City yes but not quite at the same level as the hit ballads.

You must be joking. Jungle is popular as shit outside of America. It's an iconic hard rock song that people love and recognize in many, many countries including mine.

Key words being hard rock. Which itself isn't that big around the world. I'm talking in general, not just among rock fans.

Key words being hard rock. Which itself isn't that big around the world. I'm talking in general, not just among rock fans.

Also a false statement.

Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, ACDC, Aerosmith, GNR, Alice Cooper ... and much more... all of them are in the hard rock genre.

Where are you from?

Edited by Free Bird

lol Key words you're wrong again. :P

His work in general. He didn't let the leaving of one of the biggest bands of all time, stop him for even a moment.

No kidding. Unlike a certain singer who let it slow him to a grinding halt.

That's up to your level of blind fanboyism.

Funny you say that shit considering it's your idiotic blind Axl zealot fanboysim that causes you to hate everything Slash does.

Not that we ever needed any more proof that you were a certifiably brain dead pansy-rocker, but thanks for supplying it.

Congrats to Slash. Regardless of how I feel about him present day, he deserves every award there is for his work in Guns.

I wanna frame this post and bring it out every time someone says all D_S does is cupcake Slash fans.

There's still a bit of that in there.

As for Jungle, it's been on the Simpsons, it's well known anywhere.

Congrats to Slash. Regardless of how I feel about him present day, he deserves every award there is for his work in Guns.

I wanna frame this post and bring it out every time someone says all D_S does is cupcake Slash fans.

No matter what I say about him, he's still my favorite guitarist ever. I haven't seen anybody else come close to what he used to do.

I haven't seen anybody else come close to what he used to do.

I don't get what hill he gets to stand on, where he's such a rarity onto himself as a player, when there were so many great players at the time.
You don't have any need to get my opinion and I have no need for you to do so. Slash sounded better to me than they did. Period. That's the only thing you need to get.

No matter what I say about him, he's still my favorite guitarist ever. I haven't seen anybody else come close to what he used to do.

Randy Rhoades if he had lived