70's Queen vs. 80's Queen

Georgy Zhukov

Unknown  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

70's studio albums

Queen

Queen II

Sheer Heart Attack

A Night a the Opera

A Day at the Races

News of the World

Jazz

live albums

Live Killers

Live at the Rainbow 1974

80's studio albums

The Game

Flash Gordon

Hot Space

The Works

A Kind of Magic

The Miracle

Live albums

Montreal 1980

Milton Keyes 1982

Wembley Stadium 1986

Budapest 1986

Innuendo was released in 1991 so it is excluded. Made in Heaven had a lot of songs that dated back to the 80's but it was completed in 1995 so it was also excluded.

1970s. They became a singles orientated video band in the 1980s whereas, in the 1970s they crafted studio albums. This, trilogy,

Sheer Heart Attack

A Night a the Opera

A Day at the Races

Is their peak. They were on a roll then. They could do nothing wrong. America also liked Queen during this period; they played Madison Square Gardens.

Innuendo was a return to the album orientated style, as a sort of book end to their career.

1970s. They became a singles orientated video band in the 1980s whereas, in the 1970s they crafted studio albums. This, trilogy,

Sheer Heart Attack

A Night a the Opera

A Day at the Races

Is their peak. They were on a roll then. They could do nothing wrong. America also liked Queen during this period; they played Madison Square Gardens.

Innuendo was a return to the album orientated style, as a sort of book end to their career.

I love Innuendo. The title track is so epic, and I wish there were more albums like that from 80's Queen. I don't have a favorite era cause they wrote a lot of great shit in the 80's, but the 70's was technicallly better imo for them.

A Night At The Opera is a masterpiece and I love Queen ll as well.

What made their 70's era more impressive is when they never used synthesizers. Then for some reason they've started using them. I've come to appreciate 80's Queen more in my old age (26) I think Freddie's vocals aged well, but musically they went for more pop sound. The Miracle was the best 80's album after The Game, IMO.

Sheer Heart Attack and A Night at the Opera were the best.

• Like 3

What made their 70's era more impressive is when they never used synthesizers. Then for some reason they've started using them. I've come to appreciate 80's Queen more in my old age (26) I think Freddie's vocals aged well, but musically they went for more pop sound. The Miracle was the best 80's album after The Game, IMO.

I've come to realize the same (except I'm young at 24!).

I quite like A Kind Of Magic and The Miracle (and Innuendo), and Radio Ga Ga is one of my favorite Queen songs. With that being said, the 70's was easily their peak with the 3 album run that DD mentioned.

It could never be 80s Queen.

Of course not, but even songs like The Show Must Go On feature amazing solos from May, and it's not just that final album. Throughout the 80's you have great songs with brilliant vocals from Freddie and all kinds of crazy shit from Brian.

The synth stuff and production is not really my thing, but the songs were there in many of the 80's albums imo.

• Like 1

It could never be 80s Queen.

Of course not, but even songs like The Show Must Go On feature amazing solos from May, and it's not just that final album. Throughout the 80's you have great songs with brilliant vocals from Freddie and all kinds of crazy shit from Brian.

The synth stuff and production is not really my thing, but the songs were there in many of the 80's albums imo.

Innuendo was a great final piece of work from them. And it's not like they suddenly forgot how to write, but the shift in direction the 80s had, affected everybody, from Rush, Heart, Genesis, to Yes and any number of 70s bands that stuck around in the 80s.

• Like 1