Anybody else hate HR departments?

Dazey

Has anybody else had nothing but bad experiences with HR departments at work? Petty, pencil pushing, beaurocratic little fuckin' Hitlers they are! The fuckin' lot of 'em!!!!!

So last Thursday night my wife was experiencing her first apparent contractions with our daughter. I spoke to my boss who is great and agreed to start my paternity leave at that point as the doctor had advised that it was consistent with early labour and we thought baby would be coming Friday.

Anyway, she took a while longer and wasn't born until yesterday and HR are now trying to say that paternity leave is only valid from the day the baby is born so Friday to Wednesday either have to be counted as vacation or unauthorised. Am I alone in thinking this is just fucking obscene?

Thats just fuckin' stupid! So you get the time off...but it don't count for your paternity time off until such time as little un's born? Well fuck that, your gaffer didn't tell you that when he agreed to your paternity leave so bollocks, it shouldn't count, speak to him, make a point of it and then get HIM to call HR cuz thats their cock up not yours, bollocks, why should you give up your vacation, you done right, you ticked the boxes, you confirmed with the gaffer, you ain't done nothin, tell em.

Paternity leave for men is pretty shit anyway. It's something that needs addressing as it would benefit both parents and the child.

I hope you enjoy your precious time. DO NOT use it to play computer games *voice of bitter experience*

Shhh, he's on the last level, don't distract him! :lol:

Also they're saying that only the first week is at full pay now. The gaffer just called and told me to take one week officially and he'll put the rest down as sick for me. Awesome! :D

Be thankful you get paid, much less any leave for paternity. I worked with a girl who was shocked when I told her that maternity leave wasn't paid, it was just an allowance to go have a baby and have a job when you get back.

I think New Labour brought it in a few years ago. It is very much a symptom of this, 'new man' metrosexual culture.

It's a symptom of a better informed world having a shred of humanity.

What a load of rubbish.

I feel sorry for your kids/wife if you have them already. If you don't yet, I hope your opinion will change if/when you do get them.

I think New Labour brought it in a few years ago. It is very much a symptom of this, 'new man' metrosexual culture.

What a load of rubbish.

I feel sorry for your kids/wife if you have them already. If you don't yet, I hope your opinion will change if/when you do get them.

I bet you are one of those people who think the bloke should be in the delivery room?

What a load of rubbish.

I bet you are one of those people who think the bloke should be in the delivery room?

Uhhh, yes, of course I am.

For a man, it's one of the biggest moments of your wife's life and your child's life, not to mention your own life. The least you can do at that time (also pretty much the most you can do, as well :lol: ) is to offer your presence. If/when my turn at fatherhood comes, there's no way I'm going to miss that.