The RPG Thread.

bran

Maybe I'll get since AC:Unity is a fucking trainwreck. I don't think I ever played DA 2, or Origins. Will that matter?

yeah dragon age inquisition assumes that you played the first 2 games. a lot of the characters that are major players in inquisition are major players in the first 2 games. there is a lot of lore books and notes that will give you plenty of backtstory from the first two games that you can find exploring the world.

this primer will get you caught up to speed on the world and the main points of the first 2 games.

http://kotaku.com/a-beginners-guide-to-all-things-dragon-age-1658487212

after you read a little bit you can go to the dragon age keep and make all the major plot points from game 1 and 2 and this will effect your world in inquisition.

https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

Edited by bran

I only played a few hours of Origins years ago and never touched 2, so far Inquisition seems more stand alone

the main foe of inquisition played a pretty big part in dragon age II, plus the whole setup to dragon age inquisition was something built upon in origins and 2, yeah you could play it and get by but i think a lot of things would be pretty confusing.

30 hours in just left the hinterlands, but as a completionist im kind of frustrated since their are still 4 shards and some other collectibles i need to get to clear the area but they are in a zone with a huge dragon that i cannot kill at my level, i got his health about 1/2 way before i ran out of health potions :(

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quite enjoying the feel /look of this game. Fighting is fun and looks beautiful. The strategy mode isn't forced and I can use it when I like. I'm playing on normal so I can get through more content faster. Just started and I'm going sword and shield tank first lets see how this goes. I played the first game and thought it was awesome didn't play second.

• Like 1

Quite enjoying the feel /look of this game. Fighting is fun and looks beautiful. The strategy mode isn't forced and I can use it when I like. I'm playing on normal so I can get through more content faster. Just started and I'm going sword and shield tank first lets see how this goes. I played the first game and thought it was awesome didn't play second.

there is definitely a lot of content to get through :lol:

I enjoyed the first and skipped the second, but I've heard such good things I've ordered this to give it a go.

sceond one sucked so dont worry about it :lol:

Yeah I think that's what I'll do.

Fuck though, I have to do the Witcher series also. I know Pappy would want me to do that first.

But first first, I have to finish the annoyance that is AC: Unity.

I enjoyed the first and skipped the second, but I've heard such good things I've ordered this to give it a go.

Fuck though, I have to do the Witcher series also. I know Pappy would want me to do that first.

the witcher is amazing you will not be let down. if you have a xbox 360 with xbox gold the witcher 2 is free this month starting january 16th

• 4 weeks later...

the witcher is amazing you will not be let down. if you have a xbox 360 with xbox gold the witcher 2 is free this month starting january 16th

Well fuck AC: Unity, tried playing for the first time in a month last night..... crashed 7 times in a row at the main menu.... never even got in game, tried this morning... got in game once, crashed after 2 minutes, then crashed 3 more times before getting in game. I may never play an AC game again.

In my haze of fury, I bought the HD remake of Fable: The Lost Chapters..... then I noticed Steam is selling all 3 Witcher games for $70..... thinking I'm gonna jump on that, too good of a deal, both I and II are the special editions.

Edited by OmarBradley

Guess I'm just turning this into "The RPG thread." About 4-5 hours in the first Witcher, just started Chapter II. Really like it so far, looking forward to the rest of the series. A few things annoy me..... but then I remember Witcher I was basically developed 2005-2007, so for that period it's actually quite sophisticated.

EDIT: Fuck, the gameplay demo for Witcher 3 looks awesome.... can't wait.

Edited by OmarBradley

Guess I'm just turning this into "The RPG thread." About 4-5 hours in the first Witcher, just started Chapter II. Really like it so far, looking forward to the rest of the series. A few things annoy me..... but then I remember Witcher I was basically developed 2005-2007, so for that period it's actually quite sophisticated.

EDIT: Fuck, the gameplay demo for Witcher 3 looks awesome.... can't wait.

its all good, its actually a good thought :lol: the witcher does have some strange things about it no doubt but the atmosphere and the quests are great. they fixed the combat in the witcher 2 so its a little more fun in that regard. yes the witcher 3 looks amazing.

Edited by bran

anyone else like dragons dogma/dark arisen? well the next game will be online and will be free to play with micro transactions. the f2p model with asian(mostly korean) are known to be pretty rough so im not sure what the setbacks will be but being a huge fan of the single player the thought of taking down big boss monsters online with others does sounding tempting.

• Like 1

I've been playing Tales of Symphonia and I'm not liking it as much as Graces or Xillia, unfortunately. Battle system very clearly progressed a long ways since the game came out, and the HD remaster doesn't exactly look great. I've been liking it a bit more now compared to early on (I just completed the temple of lightning), but yeah it's my least-favorite Tales game so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Very near the end of Witcher I, I'm towards the end of Act V a little over 30 hours in, just reconstructing Raven's armor, then I will assault the Old Manor. Still can't figure out how to apply runes to my swords :lol:.

you can use temporary runes on silver swords if you have a slot for them(under your sword icon will be a circle) they usually last 24 hours. you go into your inventory right click on the rune and then click on the sword. permanent runes go into crafting new silver swords, its the only way to get permanent bonuses to a sword. you take at least 3 permanent runes(can be more) to the blacksmith click the forge icon and you will create a new silver sword with those abilities.

steel swords are similar but its called "reforging". instead of runes you take meteorite ore which comes in 3 colors blue,red,yellow. you need at least 3 pieces and take them to the blacksmith and hit the forge icon. now you will have a brand new meteorite steel sword with stat bonuses. i think red gives you around 15% damage boost. if you add the same colors you will get even bigger bonuses.

Edited by bran

Very near the end of Witcher I, I'm towards the end of Act V a little over 30 hours in, just reconstructing Raven's armor, then I will assault the Old Manor. Still can't figure out how to apply runes to my swords :lol:.

you can use temporary runes on silver swords if you have a slot for them(under your sword icon will be a circle) they usually last 24 hours. you go into your inventory right click on the rune and then click on the sword. permanent runes go into crafting new silver swords, its the only way to get permanent bonuses to a sword. you take at least 3 permanent runes(can be more) to the blacksmith click the forge icon and you will create a new silver sword with those abilities.

steel swords are similar but its called "reforging". instead of runes you take meteorite ore which comes in 3 colors blue,red,yellow. you need at least 3 pieces and take them to the blacksmith and hit the forge icon. now you will have a brand new meteorite steel sword with stat bonuses. i think red gives you around 15% damage boost. if you add the same colors you will get even bigger bonuses.

Yeah I know how to reforge steel, I have a bunch of meteorites, but tbh Gwahlir is better than anything I could forge. I'd assume Aerodnight is the same way. Didn't know how to use temporary runes, thanks.

Finished @ 33 hours in. Did most side stuff, but not everything admittedly. Installing Assassins of Kings now.

• Like 1

Yeah I know how to reforge steel, I have a bunch of meteorites, but tbh Gwahlir is better than anything I could forge. I'd assume Aerodnight is the same way. Didn't know how to use temporary runes, thanks.

yeah gwahlir is pretty much the best you can get in the enhanced edition of the game. enjoy witcher 2. i want to freeze myself until 3 comes out.

• Like 1