Def Leppard

Ace Nova

I've always thought they were a chick band. Most Def Leppard fans I know happen to be chicks, so I imagine when guys are into Judas Priest or Iron Maiden their girlfriends would be into Bon Jovi or Def Leppard.

I do feel the drummer's story is inspiring.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

my aunt would listen to their album slang when we would go over for family cook outs, and it is literally the worst, i was exaggerating about hysteria being the worst, i mean its awful but slang is another animal all together. slang is where def leppard wanted to be the back street boys it is the room of albums in it being so bad that you have to listen to it once.

Wasn't Viv Campbell in the band by that point?

yeah it was the mid 90s i think it was.

"nice guy" dio wishing death on viv campbell

dio bit his tongue for a long time while viv said really bad things about him, including how dio meant nothing his music meant nothing to him and his music was a joke then after dio passed away vivian forms a band playing dio songs and using the second dio album as their band name, while making new music under that title.

im not in favor of what dio said there but sometimes things boil over and you really cant hold your tongue or composer anymore.

Shame, too, as Dio had to deal with Blackmore basically right after Viv, and Blackmore isn't known to be the nicest guy.

*right before, not after.

I've always thought they were a chick band. Most Def Leppard fans I know happen to be chicks, so I imagine when guys are into Judas Priest or Iron Maiden their girlfriends would be into Bon Jovi or Def Leppard.

I do feel the drummer's story is inspiring.

Sort of.

They were a hard rock band for their first couple albums.

Then they turned into a chick band.

• 9 months later...

They have a new album

Check the first track, drums sound Pour Some Sugar on Me.

Extremely lazy work, if you aks me....

They should hire a drum mahcnine or a dude who still got 2 arms

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/def-leppard-self-titled-album-track-listing-cover-artwork-unveiled/

my aunt would listen to their album slang when we would go over for family cook outs, and it is literally the worst, i was exaggerating about hysteria being the worst, i mean its awful but slang is another animal all together. slang is where def leppard wanted to be the back street boys it is the room of albums in it being so bad that you have to listen to it once.

Wasn't Viv Campbell in the band by that point?

yeah it was the mid 90s i think it was.

"nice guy" dio wishing death on viv campbell

dio bit his tongue for a long time while viv said really bad things about him, including how dio meant nothing his music meant nothing to him and his music was a joke then after dio passed away vivian forms a band playing dio songs and using the second dio album as their band name, while making new music under that title.

im not in favor of what dio said there but sometimes things boil over and you really cant hold your tongue or composer anymore.

I don't know what happened between the two. But these people in this video are some of the most hilarious asskissers ever.

They have a new album

Check the first track, drums sound Pour Some Sugar on Me.

Extremely lazy work, if you aks me....

They should hire a drum mahcnine or a dude who still got 2 arms

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/def-leppard-self-titled-album-track-listing-cover-artwork-unveiled/

Drums? The entire song is Pour Some Sugar On Me 2.0. Seriously, the guitar riffs are so similar, especially the verse, chorus, and that "main riff." And the intro is straight outta Rocket. Def Leppard has been a joke since 1986. Sad, was a great band.

It really is just a rewrite of PSSOM. Therefore it sounds like the best thing they've done since PSSOM!

Presumably that's the point. Given it's the opening track on an eponymous album, I think it's meant as a statement of intent to let fans know they're going back to the Hysteria sound that let them take over the world. They could have been a BIT more subtle about it, though.

It really is just a rewrite of PSSOM. Therefore it sounds like the best thing they've done since PSSOM!

Presumably that's the point. Given it's the opening track on an eponymous album, I think it's meant as a statement of intent to let fans know they're going back to the Hysteria sound that let them take over the world. They could have been a BIT more subtle about it, though.

I still hate that song.

They were poised to become the best hard rock band alive. But then went the pop route with Hysteria and they were never the same again.

• Like 1

I like the song and agree with this post on Sludge. The Pyromania days aren't coming back.

Yeah.. it's the same basic kinda "boom boom clap" kind of groove. And YES that guitar riff is quite similar. But the song -as a whole- is very very different. The verses… the melodies… the delivery…. the chorus…. the bridge… etc etc. It's all quite different. Part for part… it's not a rewrite at all.

It's that one little riff that's doing it.

In other words, if you played just the verse (or just the chorus) of this song for a strange, they wouldn't say "this sounds exactly like PSSOM".

But if you play them just the RIFF…. yeah… it would be the first thing to pop into their head.

Loved all their stuff up through Hysteria but once they fired Pete Willis they lost there way IMO.

fixed it for you ;)

this sounded basically like i thought it would, sounds like a shittier version of PSSOM(which already sucked)

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

Loved all their stuff up through Hysteria but once they fired Pete Willis they lost there way IMO.

fixed it for you ;)

this sounded basically like i thought it would, sounds like a shittier version of PSSOM(which already sucked)

Too each his own Bran.....I understand you like the earlier stuff, as it has more edge to it, but I happen to really like Pyromania and Hysteria. Clark was the heart and soul of that band as he was the main song writer so when he died the band lost their direction IMHO.

fixed it for you ;) this sounded basically like i thought it would, sounds like a shittier version of PSSOM(which already sucked)
Too each his own Bran.....I understand you like the earlier stuff, as it has more edge to it, but I happen to really like Pyromania and Hysteria. Clark was the heart and soul of that band as he was the main song writer so when he died the band lost their direction IMHO.

I like pyromania

I still hate that song.

They were poised to become the best hard rock band alive. But then went the pop route with Hysteria and they were never the same again.

And were the biggest band on the planet as a result. Don't get me wrong I love the early albums but it hard to argue with the success of Hysteria and Pyromania.

Like I said I am pretty sure it is 95% of the time we disagree. :lol:

Edited by classicrawker

I use to give no fucks about Def Leppard until one of my roommates wouldn't stop playing them while we hung out on the porch last summer, High and Dry and Hysteria grew on me a lot. They definitely weren't the "singles band" I always considered them to be, their songwriting is a lot smarter than I ever gave them credit for.

Edited by sweetness

I love their stuff pre-hysteria. Pyromania and high n dry are great albums. Hysteria was alright but I can't stand listening to their stuff from the 90s onwards.

Saw them live in May after my mom won free tickets after she had already bought her own. Alright show. Tossed in some old songs that were cool to hear again.