DJ Ashba "Certified Smashed" Guitar

Kiss/Paul Stanley has done this for a few years.

I just don't understand why anyone would want a smashed guitar? Wouldn't it make more sense to play it on stage, sign it and then give it, fully working and intact, to person who bought it? I don't understand why people/musicians smash and destroy instruments. That's not cool, it's lame.

• Like 1

Never understood the need to smash a perfectly good instrument.

Auto destructive art, as invented by Gustav Metzgher and performed by a certain Yoko Ono and bought into the field of rock n roll by Pete Townshend of The Who, performance art.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-destructive_art

Edited by Lennie Godber

I love the way he's too cheap to even leave the pickups on it so as to ensure that there's as little value as possible for the poor sucker who's stupid enough to part with their money.

:rofl-lol:

How lame and pathetic is that!

Can't believe the current highest bid is $1005. On what kind of planet that stupid person lives that he wants to pay more than $1000 for this shit?

Edited by Nosaj Thing

It's already at $1500. The worn trousers went for $730.

He must have some pretty wealthy fans. How much did all that Axl stuff that Erin was auctioning go for in the end? Even if I had the money, as an Axl fan I still wouldn't want to buy his personal effects, there's just something odd about it. If an artist signs something for you in person, cool, it's a memento or souvenir or whatever, but buying something from an auction? What's the point?

I love the way he's too cheap to even leave the pickups on it so as to ensure that there's as little value as possible for the poor sucker who's stupid enough to part with their money.

How lame and pathetic is that!Can't believe the current highest bid is is r $1005. In what kind of planet that stupid person lives that he wants to pay more than $1000 for this shit?

I think you mean 'On what kind of planet'. We live on the exterior, we are not the Mole People. You never make typos or misspellings, so I felt compelled to inform you of this fact. Took me all of 20 seconds. :) Edited by tomfriend

How lame and pathetic is that!Can't believe the current highest bid is is r $1005. In what kind of planet that stupid person lives that he wants to pay more than $1000 for this shit?

I think you mean 'On what kind of planet'. We live on the exterior, we are not the Mole People. You never make typos or misspellings, so I felt compelled to inform you of this fact. Took me all of 20 seconds. :)

Thanks, I'm not too sure when I should use in and on. It always gets confusing. English is not my first language.

I think you mean 'On what kind of planet'. We live on the exterior, we are not the Mole People. You never make typos or misspellings, so I felt compelled to inform you of this fact. Took me all of 20 seconds. :)

Thanks, I'm not too sure when I should use in and on. It always gets confusing. English is not my first language.

Anytime :)