Red Hot Chili Peppers...opinions?

Ace Nova

One of my favorite bands. Some of the Cali-BTW stuff is pretty insultingly poppy, but they turned that around with Stadium Arcadium.

Everything was over when John left. IWY wasn't terrible but it just doesn't sound like RHCP at all.

For the record, anything before John joined is just a shitty garage band.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

They've never really made a bad album....that usually will cue someone to say One Hot Minute, but that album is incredibly underrated....except for the song Pea, that just sucks.

The only body of songs that I was disappointed with are the I'm Beside You singles

They've never really made a bad album....that usually will cue someone to say One Hot Minute, but that album is incredibly underrated....except for the song Pea, that just sucks.

The only body of songs that I was disappointed with are the I'm Beside You singles

I love OHM. It's a dark realm that RHCP never really explored and perhaps couldn't without Navarro.

Mother's Milk lacks soul to me.

I like the early albums, self titled included.

True Men Don't Kill Coyotes

which album did George Clinton produce?

Freaky Styley, IIRC

Freaky Styley is sick.

indeed it is...you can't go wrong with George Clinton producing

and on second thought, the first album is pretty damn good too---as DOOM said, True Men Don't Kill Coyotes is a classic, Out in LA, Police Helicopter, Get Up and Jump, Green Heaven....

I love OHM. It's a dark realm that RHCP never really explored and perhaps couldn't without Navarro.

Mother's Milk lacks soul to me.

One Hot Minute is my favourite album by them, and my favourite songs by them are from the period when Navarro was in the band.

My favourite track by them is the cover from the Beavis And Butthead Movie Soundtrack - Love Rollercoaster. :lol:

• Like 1

Always liked One Hot Minute and don't really see all the hate for it. Coffee Shop is great. Maybe since John wasn't on it. Plus it followed up BSSM, which had already hit classic status.

Mother's Milk or BSSM is probably my favorite from the early stuff. Californication is one of my favorite albums by anybody.

I put John as one of the best modern guitarist. I'm talking since Californication, he really separated himself from the rest of the pack.

• Like 2