Red Hot Chili Peppers...opinions?

Ace Nova

Freaky Styley and The Uplift Mofo Party Plan were the best albums before John came in. John Frusciante took everything that Slovak did and just developed it. It was weird because he was sort of the anti-Slash, not a bad thing. He played guitar without upstaging Flea, kept it in the rhythm and eventually going out but coming back in. Stadium Arcadium he started playing more like Slash or his idol, Hendrix.

I'm With You brought the sound back to the minimal guitar work before SA but with more maturity, melody and Keidis is by far a better singer now than he started.

They've never really made a bad album....that usually will cue someone to say One Hot Minute, but that album is incredibly underrated....except for the song Pea, that just sucks.

Always liked One Hot Minute and don't really see all the hate for it. Coffee Shop is great. Maybe since John wasn't on it. Plus it followed up BSSM, which had already hit classic status.

Mother's Milk or BSSM is probably my favorite from the early stuff. Californication is one of my favorite albums by anybody.

I put John as one of the best modern guitarist. I'm talking since Californication, he really separated himself from the rest of the pack.

I first heard One Hot Minute sharing an earphone with my mate on a school bus a few days after it came out, Christ i feel old :lol:

• Like 1

They're one of my favourite bands and one of the bands that I've seen the most times.

I'm more of a post-BSSM fan - I do like some of the earlier stuff but I prefer everything from '91 onwards.

I'm really looking forward to the next album - hopefully Josh can really shine. I do miss John but there's no point him being in the band if he ain't happy. Would be cool though if he were to produce a future album with them. I really hope they get someone that can mix the new album properly - AK sounded way too loud on IWY.

Yes, they're probably my favorite band. I really like all of their albums, including the first three ones and One Hot Minute. I'm also looking forward to their new album, Josh got way better and confident since the start of IWY tour and seems like Rick Rubin won't be working with them, so I'm expecting something really interesting.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It really should have been, considering stuff like Mellowship Slinky and Greeting Song made it on. BSSM is one of my favorite albums of all time but those two are definitely weaker than the rest.

I hate Greeting Song!!! It's in the middle of some of the best songs ever (lovely man, apache rose peacock, sir psycho sexy) and it ruins the stretch.

It really should have been, considering stuff like Mellowship Slinky and Greeting Song made it on. BSSM is one of my favorite albums of all time but those two are definitely weaker than the rest.

I hate Greeting Song!!! It's in the middle of some of the best songs ever (lovely man, apache rose peacock, sir psycho sexy) and it ruins the stretch.

If I remember correctly, the band didn't even want it on the record but Rubin did. Every now and again I'm in the mood for it when it comes up (I like the breakdown into the last chorus), but agreed on it being a sore thumb in that part of the album.