Ian McLagan, Small Faces, dies

Len Cnut

Faces were one of my all time favorite bands in the early 70's. Rod Stewart was the lead singer.

I saw them a few times in Madison Square Garden in NYC. They would usually come out an hour or so late, but then rock for 2 hours. They were an amazing rock band.

I still would see Rod Stewart in concert even when they broke up.

RIP Ian.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-12-04/small-faces-keyboardist-ian-mclagan-dies-aged-69

He ended up marrying Moonies wife after he passed. Not that thats his only claim to fame obviously.

Actually, he got together with Moon's ex-wife while Keith was still alive. They were to be married right around the time Keith died and they postponed the wedding out of respect for his passing.

Ian's wife Kim died several years ago in a car crash so Mandy, Moon's daughter, has lost all her parents.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-12-04/small-faces-keyboardist-ian-mclagan-dies-aged-69

He ended up marrying Moonies wife after he passed. Not that thats his only claim to fame obviously.

Actually, he got together with Moon's ex-wife while Keith was still alive. They were to be married right around the time Keith died and they postponed the wedding out of respect for his passing.

Ian's wife Kim died several years ago in a car crash so Mandy, Moon's daughter, has lost all her parents.

Yeah, around the time they got together Keith, allegedly, was gonna hire someone to break Ians fingers :lol: