GN'R community archeology - putting together the missing pieces from 1999-2002

Well, it was confirmed by MSL that fink6 was Queenie, and fink6 is definitely 100% sure pockets; so pockets is Queenie. I guess it isn't too hard to act retarded, but you'd have to have something wrong to bother with keeping it up for so long.

Pardon my ignorance, but what or who is MSL?

Quennie was pretty big on Finck back then, so that part makes sense. From what I've read by Finck6 and Pockets, there are some similarities to Queenie, but they are still much more eloquent and down to earth than Queenie (which doesn't say a lot). That's why I say that at least part of his persona was for show. I always suspected that Queenie was somehow an intelligent cupcake. Did you see his posts back then? They were too far out to be retarded, he was a character. But maybe it wasn't all show, then.

MSL is a guy who leaked Chinese Democracy album and apparently holds several private documents that belong to Axl and GN'R management, like e-mails and contracts. Never leaked those, though.

Queenie and Pockets sound similar and the difference you see now is that probably he's not a teenager anymore. Remember you are talking about people who were fans 15 years ago.

Gunsnrosesfans.com is a tumblr, as far as I can see. What makes you think that it's run by Xozi?

Because in that link Russel Nash posted you can check xozi's profile and she has the gunsnrosesfans.com domain listed as her site!

also looks like the forum they had turned into a facebook fanpage.

As far as I know, Queenie wasn't a teenager back then. If memory serves me right, he was in his mid-twenties. I also think Xozi was in her twenties by the time she was called out at RIR. I did see the link that Russel Nash posted, and have been digging around those corners of the net prior to posting here, trying to find the answers to my questions on my own. I have checked out various incarnations of that forum already, and I know that the gunsnrosesfans.com was Xozi's. That was the forum in which I was a moderator myself. If my limited internet savvy doesn't fail me, I think the old domain is without influence since the new site is a tumblr. I could be wrong, but I doubt that the tumblr site and Facebook page has anything to do with Xozi.

Oh, and thanks for the link!

Oh my shit! I couldn't get through even a third of that mammoth of a thread. I did get through to the Dexter part and enough pages after that to gather that Dexter is Axl Rose... The drama isn't gone, that much is clear. It might just be the most pathetic thing I've ever read on the Internet, and that's saying a lot. I don't know what's more pathetic; the extreme bigotry and misogyny of Dexter's post or the fact that the vast majority of commenting users actually salute him for it. It really goes to show how blinding fandom can be, sorry to say. I was basically just staring in disbelief by the 18th (or so) page.

Did he ever apologize for that outburst? I guess not. The guy must have some serious issues to have such an insane and misdirected overreaction to something so harmless. Seems very unhealthy and it makes me wonder how he deals with problems in his everyday life. Please don't sue me, guys. I hope he was just having a very bad day.

Is Madison still active on this forum? Seems like she might know something about the development of the post CD.com-community.

• Like 1

As far as I know, Queenie wasn't a teenager back then. If memory serves me right, he was in his mid-twenties. I also think Xozi was in her twenties by the time she was called out at RIR. I did see the link that Russel Nash posted, and have been digging around those corners of the net prior to posting here, trying to find the answers to my questions on my own. I have checked out various incarnations of that forum already, and I know that the gunsnrosesfans.com was Xozi's. That was the forum in which I was a moderator myself. If my limited internet savvy doesn't fail me, I think the old domain is without influence since the new site is a tumblr. I could be wrong, but I doubt that the tumblr site and Facebook page has anything to do with Xozi.Oh, and thanks for the link!

i guess Xozi was like 18 or 19 when the gnronline incident occurred. there were lots of youngsters in that forum and also grown ups like Axl's stalker who was a crazy lady.

I don't know what you mean by influence but if you were a mod there, how come you lost contact with them? It seems the place has gone through several changes but there must be a continuity. The tumblr has an ask thing, send them a message or contact via the Facebook page, there is a message button too.

Oh my shit! I couldn't get through even a third of that mammoth of a thread. I did get through to the Dexter part and enough pages after that to gather that Dexter is Axl Rose... The drama isn't gone, that much is clear. It might just be the most pathetic thing I've ever read on the Internet, and that's saying a lot. I don't know what's more pathetic; the extreme bigotry and misogyny of Dexter's post or the fact that the vast majority of commenting users actually salute him for it. It really goes to show how blinding fandom can be, sorry to say. I was basically just staring in disbelief by the 18th (or so) page.

Did he ever apologize for that outburst? I guess not. The guy must have some serious issues to have such an insane and misdirected overreaction to something so harmless. Seems very unhealthy and it makes me wonder how he deals with problems in his everyday life. Please don't sue me, guys. I hope he was just having a very bad day.

Is Madison still active on this forum? Seems like she might know something about the development of the post CD.com-community.

Yes, that's his username here. I'm not surprised about people not reacting to it... No, he didn't apologized for that because that was the last time he posted here. The issue is Slash related and I guess that's why he went ape on Madison. The Slash thing is a touchy topic in Axl's life and we all know that.

Madison is not here anymore since then. I don't know the story about it but I guess she was either banned or kicked from here when that happened. Not sure if she's still a fan!

The post CD.com community disbanded and people found a new "home" in different places, being this board the one that benefitted the most from CD.com demise. Others moved to Jarmo's board and other people simply gave up on the band.

I don't know what's more pathetic; the extreme bigotry and misogyny of Dexter's post or the fact that the vast majority of commenting users actually salute him for it. It really goes to show how blinding fandom can be, sorry to say.

Keep in mind that by that time Madison had become EXTREMELY unpopular, mostly her own fault, and that's probably part of why the negative response to Axl's outburst has been so muted.

Madison is not here anymore since then. I don't know the story about it but I guess she was either banned or kicked from here when that happened. Not sure if she's still a fan!

Left willingly. She's made a couple of posts since but that's it.

As far as I know, Queenie wasn't a teenager back then. If memory serves me right, he was in his mid-twenties. I also think Xozi was in her twenties by the time she was called out at RIR. I did see the link that Russel Nash posted, and have been digging around those corners of the net prior to posting here, trying to find the answers to my questions on my own. I have checked out various incarnations of that forum already, and I know that the gunsnrosesfans.com was Xozi's. That was the forum in which I was a moderator myself. If my limited internet savvy doesn't fail me, I think the old domain is without influence since the new site is a tumblr. I could be wrong, but I doubt that the tumblr site and Facebook page has anything to do with Xozi.Oh, and thanks for the link!

i guess Xozi was like 18 or 19 when the gnronline incident occurred. there were lots of youngsters in that forum and also grown ups like Axl's stalker who was a crazy lady.

I don't know what you mean by influence but if you were a mod there, how come you lost contact with them? It seems the place has gone through several changes but there must be a continuity. The tumblr has an ask thing, send them a message or contact via the Facebook page, there is a message button too.

Hm, by influence I simply mean that I don't think Xozi's old gunsnrosesfans.com domain would collide in any way with the tumblr site, as it's hosted by tumblr. I mean, I guess. But what do I know. I naturally assumed that it's just a coincidence that the two sites share the name, but maybe it's worth looking into. Thanks for your help.

I lost contact because I lost interest in the GN'R community, I guess. I just slowly faded out. Like I wrote in my first post, as my general interest in music increased, my specific interest in Guns N' Roses waned. I mean, I think I'll always love the band and Appetite is one of my all time favorite albums, but I just gradually stopped being a fan. I didn't have any interest in all the gossip, the theories, the focus on tiny little things that had nothing to do with music. And in those days, during the wait for Chinese Democracy, that was really all there was. You can only read the same thing about Appetite for Destruction, about the possibility of a reunion or someone saying that Crash Diet is in fact their favorite GN'R song and still find it interesting. I think all of this collided with the fact that there were many things more interesting than spending time on the Internet during the late teen years. Like noise and rock n' roll and chicks and booze and drugs and you know. I think. It just kinda happened. I moved on. And when I looked back, for fun, all was gone.

I don't know what's more pathetic; the extreme bigotry and misogyny of Dexter's post or the fact that the vast majority of commenting users actually salute him for it. It really goes to show how blinding fandom can be, sorry to say.

Keep in mind that by that time Madison had become EXTREMELY unpopular, mostly her own fault, and that's probably part of why the negative response to Axl's outburst has been so muted.

She must really have been unpopular for people to actually salute an outburst so tasteless. I doubt that a similar outburst by anyone other than Axl Rose would have been met with similar praise. I'm quite baffled by the fact that a celebrity would go public with such misogyny.

Hm, by influence I simply mean that I don't think Xozi's old gunsnrosesfans.com domain would collide in any way with the tumblr site, as it's hosted by tumblr. I mean, I guess. But what do I know. I naturally assumed that it's just a coincidence that the two sites share the name, but maybe it's worth looking into. Thanks for your help.

I lost contact because I lost interest in the GN'R community, I guess. I just slowly faded out. Like I wrote in my first post, as my general interest in music increased, my specific interest in Guns N' Roses waned. I mean, I think I'll always love the band and Appetite is one of my all time favorite albums, but I just gradually stopped being a fan. I didn't have any interest in all the gossip, the theories, the focus on tiny little things that had nothing to do with music. And in those days, during the wait for Chinese Democracy, that was really all there was. You can only read the same thing about Appetite for Destruction, about the possibility of a reunion or someone saying that Crash Diet is in fact their favorite GN'R song and still find it interesting. I think all of this collided with the fact that there were many things more interesting than spending time on the Internet during the late teen years. Like noise and rock n' roll and chicks and booze and drugs and you know. I think. It just kinda happened. I moved on. And when I looked back, for fun, all was gone.

The domain is pointing to the tumblr site. I don't think it's a coincidence. No one would be paying a domain to have it point a website that doesn't belong to them.

I understand what you say about losing interest. Many fans did too and moved on forever. Now is somewhat the same as those years in the wait for CD. Lots of threads dissecting the smallest thing and lots of angry fans losing it again because they want new music from GNR and the man is not delivering.

http://gnr.proboards.com/

Hi there

I didn't really know exactly where to ask this, but it seems that this is the most active place, so I'm hoping there are a few old timers left here. I'm looking to find some answers about the GN'R online forums in the early 2000's, particularly those who were run by Xozi. This is a purely personal endeavor, so I hope there are others who like to reminisce about those days.

I myself had almost forgotten about them, but listening to Chinese Democracy (which I love, by the way) made me think. I was a pretty active participant in the GN'R community

around the change of the millennium. As my interest in music increased, my interest in Guns N' Roses diminished so I guess I just kinda faded away around 2003. I don't remember if I was ever a member of this site, but I remember the breakdown of the Chinese Democracy forum, Xozi trying to save it, and the community getting scattered after that. Some went here and some went there. I followed Xozi, but the only thing I remember is her forum at gunsnrosesfans.com. That site is fairly well-documented in the annals of internet history, and it would appear that I was actually a moderator on that message board (which I don't remember at all), but here's the deal: I'm almost certain that Xozi ran a forum before that, but I can't remember its name, and I can find no traces of such forum anywhere on the net. Does anybody know, did anybody follow Xozi's boards in those days? Did she run the gnronline forum, or, could that be what I'm thinking of? It's a long shot, I know, but does anyone remember the exact URL of the gnronline forum? It appears that the gnronline main site never linked directly to the forum, which may just be shitty research on my part.

I don't know how long Xozi kept going at this GN'R thing, but I trust that at least some of you remember her, if not for anything else then for Axl's famous comments at RIR. She was legendary back then and probably still is to some degree. Does anyone know how long she kept going? And why she left the community? Does anyone remember sladdi? Or god damn QUEENIE (MAKE HASTE now royally booooooooooooo)? Did he ever change up his style or take off the mask? He was awesome. I remember that he quit on the whole caps lock thing and I thought that he'd soon get tired of the entire masquerade (if it wasn't just a goof, then I don't know what to think, though lots if people thought he was mentally handicapped). I actually remember having a microphone chat with QUEENIE on YIM back in the day, and he actually talked like that. Barely in sentences; sir this and queen that and make haste now royally booooooooooooooooo!. Being a young Dane, my English probably wasn't much better.

Sorry for the rambling. I hope there are people who were present back then and has kept their mental record a little more clean than I have.

Cheers guys! Nice to see that the GN'R community is still alive and kicking. Rock on!

wow, Santa just knocked at your door, AdulC. There you got Xozi, Queenie and the old board !

Bill Bailey I think, maybe Xozi or BITCH runs gunsnrosesfans.com at the moment, which is a news feed 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better than LOLgog's. You can submit a Q on there and ask about the old board. I think there are plans to bring it back in the future if I recall a certain post correctly.

Bill Bailey I think, maybe Xozi or BITCH runs gunsnrosesfans.com at the moment, which is a news feed 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better than LOLgog's. You can submit a Q on there and ask about the old board. I think there are plans to bring it back in the future if I recall a certain post correctly.

what the hell is LOLgog's??!! hahahaha sounds funny!

yeah, I'm sure they are still running that site, maybe under other usernames. The proboards looks abandoned from 2008 on, just when CD got released and the gunsnrosefans.com/forum link is not working. Goes directly to the tumblr site.

Hi there

I didn't really know exactly where to ask this, but it seems that this is the most active place, so I'm hoping there are a few old timers left here. I'm looking to find some answers about the GN'R online forums in the early 2000's, particularly those who were run by Xozi. This is a purely personal endeavor, so I hope there are others who like to reminisce about those days.

I myself had almost forgotten about them, but listening to Chinese Democracy (which I love, by the way) made me think. I was a pretty active participant in the GN'R community

around the change of the millennium. As my interest in music increased, my interest in Guns N' Roses diminished so I guess I just kinda faded away around 2003. I don't remember if I was ever a member of this site, but I remember the breakdown of the Chinese Democracy forum, Xozi trying to save it, and the community getting scattered after that. Some went here and some went there. I followed Xozi, but the only thing I remember is her forum at gunsnrosesfans.com. That site is fairly well-documented in the annals of internet history, and it would appear that I was actually a moderator on that message board (which I don't remember at all), but here's the deal: I'm almost certain that Xozi ran a forum before that, but I can't remember its name, and I can find no traces of such forum anywhere on the net. Does anybody know, did anybody follow Xozi's boards in those days? Did she run the gnronline forum, or, could that be what I'm thinking of? It's a long shot, I know, but does anyone remember the exact URL of the gnronline forum? It appears that the gnronline main site never linked directly to the forum, which may just be shitty research on my part.

I don't know how long Xozi kept going at this GN'R thing, but I trust that at least some of you remember her, if not for anything else then for Axl's famous comments at RIR. She was legendary back then and probably still is to some degree. Does anyone know how long she kept going? And why she left the community? Does anyone remember sladdi? Or god damn QUEENIE (MAKE HASTE now royally booooooooooooo)? Did he ever change up his style or take off the mask? He was awesome. I remember that he quit on the whole caps lock thing and I thought that he'd soon get tired of the entire masquerade (if it wasn't just a goof, then I don't know what to think, though lots if people thought he was mentally handicapped). I actually remember having a microphone chat with QUEENIE on YIM back in the day, and he actually talked like that. Barely in sentences; sir this and queen that and make haste now royally booooooooooooooooo!. Being a young Dane, my English probably wasn't much better.

Sorry for the rambling. I hope there are people who were present back then and has kept their mental record a little more clean than I have.

Cheers guys! Nice to see that the GN'R community is still alive and kicking. Rock on!

Yes, I was a member of cd.com back in the day when Xozi, Queenie, Sladdi, Chris, Marcelo, Will and others were around. Those were fun times. That was before this forum was set up (mygnr was just a messageboard back then). I actually had a lot of respect for Xozi when she was trying to keep the forum going after Undone (Steph) lost interest in the forum and put it up for sale.

As for the link to Axl's rant that someone posted - There were actually a lot of people who supported me and spoke out against Axl in that thread, but their posts were deleted and every subsequent thread that was started to discuss it was locked. At the time, Beta was logged into the forum 24/7 for over a week - acting as a gatekeeper to ensure Eric removed all posts from people supporting me or criticizing Axl. It was a sad situation all around.

• Like 1

Hi there

Yes, I was a member of cd.com back in the day when Xozi, Queenie, Sladdi, Chris, Marcelo, Will and others were around. Those were fun times. That was before this forum was set up (mygnr was just a messageboard back then). I actually had a lot of respect for Xozi when she was trying to keep the forum going after Undone (Steph) lost interest in the forum and put it up for sale.

As for the link to Axl's rant that someone posted - There were actually a lot of people who supported me and spoke out against Axl in that thread, but their posts were deleted and every subsequent thread that was started to discuss it was locked. At the time, Beta was logged into the forum 24/7 for over a week - acting as a gatekeeper to ensure Eric removed all posts from people supporting me or criticizing Axl. It was a sad situation all around.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!?!? MADISON?!?!?!? STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

Not to be taken as an insult.
Edited by DirtyDeeds
  • Like 1

lol I was never a huge fan of Madison, but she was alright. I was just sort of indifferent to her, but I knew others had problems with her. But Jesus, what Axl said was just absolutely insane. I mean, mentally unstable insane. And exceptionally childish. He was like a 15-year-old internet bully in his mommy's basement. It was bizarre.

http://gnr.proboards.com/

Hi there

wow, Santa just knocked at your door, AdulC. There you got Xozi, Queenie and the old board !

Thanks, guys. I did, however, stumble upon that board some days ago during my research, so I was aware of its existence. But yeah, it's abandoned since 2008 and didn't really lead me anywhere. I do remember some of the users, I think. But thanks. I'll look into the gunsnrosesfans tumblr.

Reading that forum a little more thoroughly, and knowing about Pockets and Finck6, there's little doubt that good old Queenie is in fact still active on the forums.

Hi there

Do you have any recollection about the whereabouts of Xozi between the CD shutdown and the opening/continuation of gunsrosesfans.com

Glad to hear that there were some who supported you. It still kinda sickens me that there were so many who actually applauded his post. Beta is Axl's personal assistant, right? If Axl doesn't want people to criticize him, to the paranoid point of actually censoring the message boards of the world (why do the admins even follow his orders in the first place?), then he really should be more careful about unleashing that kind of uncontrolled bigotry for the world to see.

lol I was never a huge fan of Madison, but she was alright. I was just sort of indifferent to her, but I knew others had problems with her. But Jesus, what Axl said was just absolutely insane. I mean, mentally unstable insane. And exceptionally childish. He was like a 15-year-old internet bully in his mommy's basement. It was bizarre.

She's actually made a few appearances here while you were gone.

And for the record, I've never had a problem with Madison.

whoooah! are you for real? :shocked:

i've heard so much about you! never got to meet you, so hi there! lol... in my books, you are a celebrity just like Xozi! I thought you were banned from this place. Glad to see you around! :shades:

Thanks, guys. I did, however, stumble upon that board some days ago during my research, so I was aware of its existence. But yeah, it's abandoned since 2008 and didn't really lead me anywhere. I do remember some of the users, I think. But thanks. I'll look into the gunsnrosesfans tumblr.

Reading that forum a little more thoroughly, and knowing about Pockets and Finck6, there's little doubt that good old Queenie is in fact still active on the forums.

im not getting what exactly you want to know or find out about Xozi? the forum is abandoned and there's a link up there pointing to a new forum at gunsnrosesfans.com/forum but it doesn't work. so i guess now its just the tumblr because the gunsnrosesfans.com domain does work and it's obviously active. they update almost daily.

Do you have any recollection about the whereabouts of Xozi between the CD shutdown and the opening/continuation of gunsrosesfans.com

Glad to hear that there were some who supported you. It still kinda sickens me that there were so many who actually applauded his post. Beta is Axl's personal assistant, right? If Axl doesn't want people to criticize him, to the paranoid point of actually censoring the message boards of the world (why do the admins even follow his orders in the first place?), then he really should be more careful about unleashing that kind of uncontrolled bigotry for the world to see.

Xozi ran Cd.com for a while and then she moved to that proboards thing. Apparently, the proboards was active until 2008. I did a search for gunsnrosesfans.com at whois.net and it says Creation Date: 03-apr-2002. Which means they have been using it more or less since the demise of Cd.com. It makes sense.

Maybe I haven't been clear enough about what I'm actually looking to find out (and I will admit that it's kind of needlessly and pointlessly specific). I know about the proboard from 2002-2008 at gunsnrosesfans.com. I know about the CD forum and its demise. I was a member of both. But here's the deal:

I am fairly certain that between the time of the shutdown of CD and the opening of the Xozi proboard, there was another forum that was run by Xozi. That is the forum I'm looking to remember the name of. But maybe my memory just plays tricks on me. Maybe I'm just thinking of the period where Xozi tried to save the CD forum from shut-down, or maybe she ran a forum simultaneously to CD. To my recollection, this forum would have had moderators like Lucs, Sweet, Butterfly, Alikat, hmm, and Xozi of course. I can't find evidence of such forum. Maybe because I can't remember its name, maybe because it never existed.

This is the earliest screenshot I can find from gunsnrosesfans.com: http://web.archive.org/web/20020305202629/http://gnr.proboards2.com/

This isn't the color scheme I remember from Xozi's first (and best) forum. On this screenshot, I am one of the mods, and I believe I had been a member of a forum run by Xozi for quite some time before I became a moderator. That leads me to believe that there was a forum which ran either between gnrfans.com and CD.com or simultaneously to CD.com.

Again, my quest is pretty specific and pointless. But thanks for taking an interest in my stupid little project.

Edited by All dolled up like Christ

Hi there

Do you think The Beta still monitors the forum?

Do you think she shares the information she finds on the various GnR forums with Axl? IE - she does it for her own use, or when she brings Axl his dinner at night does she hand him a piece of paper that says "Jarmo kissed your ass 13 times today, ProstituteComa called you four dirty names, etc"