Great White: Opinions

Dr. Who

I'm scared that Groghan will write another rant if I post my opinion on this band.

Bacardoski - do you purposely miss the point or are you just being funny?

Music is all about personal preference. You hate hair metal - great, yahoo!!!! People complain about you because you talk about your hatred for the genre in topics that aren't even about music, but then you cry when people bash the music you like. How in the world you don't see the hypocricy there is baffling. People just wish you'd follow your own rules.

Lith.....I don't care how much Bacardoski insults me, I still like him as a poster! (except for his weird obsession with hair band music).

Great White used to be great back in the old days. In spite of the fire tragedy, they put on one of the better live shows of all the bands from the genre (at least when I saw them). They have a ton of great ballads if you are into the power ballad type songs.

This is a pretty cool mellow/ballad by them.

They did a pretty good job covering Led Zep

lol, he posted the rant anyway

In seriousness I have no idea who this band is or what they sound like. Fire tragedy sounds awful though. What happened?

bar owner had no authorization to use pyro, used pyro anyway in an overfilled bar that used egg cartons as sound proofing, roof caught on fire, people in a panic ran towards the entrance they came from not knowing there were 4 exits in the bar, a lot people burned or were trampled to death.

as for the band, not a fan but they were a lot better than most hair bands, that is for sure.

Edited by bran

isnt there 2 great whites now?

Like so many of those old 80s bands internal fighting has caused them to split ways.

So now there is the old band, with a new singer, and they call themselves Great White.

The lead singer has a new band and calls it "jack Russell's Great White."

The sad thing is that all these old bands need the brand recognition of the name to be able to sell tickets to their current shows - so you end up with two Great Whites, and bands like Warrant, Dokken, Queensryche, Skid Row, Guns n Roses, Ratt, LA Guns, etc have revolving doors of members and you never can be sure who you'll be seeing live.

I just listened to an interview with Don Dokken and he said for awhile he couldn't legally tour under the name Dokken.....even though he started the band, and it was HIS last name.

Ghostie - ya, I agree man. Kind of weird to joke about a tragedy that brutally killed about 100 people.

Bacardoski - I'd hardly call five sentences a "rant." YOU brought my name up in a topic that had nothing to do with me. So I responded. Don't want people to respond or "rant" then don't bring their names up in topic. Pretty simple. Maybe try and stick to the topic instead of talking about other posters and your problems will be solved. :thumbsup:

Jack Russell is a pretty dedicated musician.

About a year ago they were scheduled to play after some minor league sporting event....but the venue forgot to promote it. So Russell and his band show up an hour after the game and there is literally only five people in attendance. Most bands would have canceled but Russell played his entire set for the five fans.

Edited by Groghan