Deluded douchebag Billy Corgan says he and Kurt Cobain were the greatest songwriters of the 90s, everyone else inferior

Towelie

I think Dave Pirner is an amazing song writer. He's from the 80s but Soul Asylum broke big for a bit in the 90s and his song writing skills are up there with the best I think.

Eddoe Vedder is a better song writer than both Cobain and Corgan as well.

The three 90s albums by Soul Asylum are SO GOOD!

they actually have four from the 90s and all are great

And the Horse they Rode in On - A

Grave Dancer's Union - A

Let Your Dim Light Shine - B+

Candy From a Stranger - B

The Seattle scene was a load of bollocks really. Handful of good bands, Nirvana, Mudhoney...uh..thats about it really, Pearl Jam are/were awful,

:lol::lol::lol: Riiiiiiiiight.

:rolleyes:

I think Dave Pirner is an amazing song writer. He's from the 80s but Soul Asylum broke big for a bit in the 90s and his song writing skills are up there with the best I think.

Grave Dancer's Union - A

The Seattle scene was a load of bollocks really. Handful of good bands, Nirvana, Mudhoney...uh..thats about it really, Pearl Jam are/were awful,

OMG, SOMEONE HAS AN OPINION OF THEIR OWN, HOW CAN THIS BE!!

Damn right its right, as per the recognised authority on my taste, me ;)

Grave Dancer's Union - A

Damn right its right, as per the recognised authority on my taste, me ;)

Don't mind Len. I mean, he likes the sex pistols. What does he know?! :P

Grave Dancer's Union - A

You're right, I missed the first one, I thought it from the late 80s. I don't really like it though. I love the next three.

Grave Dancer's Union - A

Riiiiiiiiight.

Damn right its right, as per the recognised authority on my taste, me

Don't mind Len. I mean, he likes the sex pistols. What does he know?!

Who likes the sex pistols? I sure as fuck don't give two shits about the sex pistols.

Seriously?!?! :lol: How old are you? :lol: Is this what it comes down to? 'Neeeugh, well they're better than your shit favorite band!' Christ Almighty! :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber

What is the big SP song? Disarm?

Disarm was the big breakout song. Today came first and was fairly big but it was Disarm that really broke big. Bullet with Butterfly wings was a massive hit. 1979 was pretty cool and pretty popular and maybe their best song.

Think in terms of popularity

Today and Disarm = Jungle and SCOM

Bullet with Butterfly Wings and 1979 = November Rain and YCBM

I had Siamese Dream but after that I only saw videos of Tonoght Tonight and 1979. I got Machina for some reason and liked it.

I'm not sure how to weigh what he's saying at all.

Maybe it's like he really is a singer songwriter like Cobain. Whereas other bands are bands the guitarist brings in some music and the singer writes some lyrics. But Billy and Kurt drove the whole thing. Other than that AIC, Soundgarden, PJ all have albums of songs.

Cobain seemed to span the whole scene. The sub pop album. The hit album. The heroin album.

He said a lot with Tonight Tonight. Just artistically. It's ambitious, pretentious, charming, and truly a classic imo. It didn't hurt that the music video was that good, and the song was hit material.

I'm not a SP fan, the only songs that still get airplay, are 1979, Tonight Tonight and Disarm. I like all three, but I think Disarm is the biggest of the three.

Those aren't the only songs that still get radio play.

Cherub Rock, Today, Bullet With Butterfly Wings, Zero

Corgan's a grade-A cunt, Jerry Cantrell was a leader in the grunge movement. Hell, even KISS wrote a better grunge album than the Pumpkins ever have.

Gackt pls

He said a lot with Tonight Tonight. Just artistically. It's ambitious, pretentious, charming, and truly a classic imo. It didn't hurt that the music video was that good, and the song was hit material.

Tonight Tonight was my grad song. I picked it and the grad committee agreed. the lyrics are perfect and our town was Sylvan Lake thus 'the city by the lake"

Tonight Tonight was my grad song. I picked it and the grad committee agreed. the lyrics are perfect and our town was Sylvan Lake thus 'the city by the lake"

Cool story Bono.