Deluded douchebag Billy Corgan says he and Kurt Cobain were the greatest songwriters of the 90s, everyone else inferior

Towelie

saw this earlier today, i love billy corgan alot because he is an amazing musician but every time he comes out with a new album he says dumb things like this, probably for attention lol, while he makes a few points i love that he was saying the foo fighters havent evolved....hes right to an extent but hes gotta remember that the foo fighters are a rock band straight and foremost and they have evolved...just not in the way billy corgan thinks so

Corgan always took himself a little too serious anyway. He did have a lot of good stuff, but I would still take Cobain or Vedder or Cantrell/Staley over him all day.

What is the big SP song? Disarm?
What is the big SP song? Disarm?

I'd say Bullet with Butterfly Wings. Everybody and their brother know that first line. The world is a vampire.

Cherub Rock was the one that got played at the rock club.

I like the last 2 records Zeotjest and Oceania. I would say his strength isnt songwriting though.

Kurt was a natural, it's pretty simple but says so much.

Sliver, About a Girl it's just so easy.

Obviously Billy is a better musician. Bit Kurt had a beautiful aesthetic.

Edited by wasted

For me Ten is the best grunge album along with Dirt and Nevermind but the rest of their discography doesn't excite me in the least with a couple of exceptions (Animal, Last Kiss, Amongst the Waves)

Definitely a boring band when compared with the likes of the other big 3 of grunge and STP.