The big stoner/space rock thread

st0n3r

Not a perfect fit, but I can never find a thread to post Hank 3 stuff and this thread is about as close as it will get.

Not a perfect fit, indeed, but I'm open minded. I actually like this music a lot and never listened to it before. Thanks!

Tomorrow Monster Magnet. The opening band is called Bombus.

• Like 1

Found another early Monster Magnet precurssor. This was recorded by John McBain in 1988 and is some mind melting shit.

You don't get much better than Raging Slab's Dynamite Monster Boogie Concert

Yeah. There's not a bad track on that album. Ever heard any of the unreleased albums of theirs? Looooottt more spacey shit

Found another early Monster Magnet precurssor. This was recorded by John McBain in 1988 and is some mind melting shit.

You don't get much better than Raging Slab's Dynamite Monster Boogie Concert

Yeah. There's not a bad track on that album. Ever heard any of the unreleased albums of theirs? Looooottt more spacey shit

I have not heard them :(

So the monster magnet/bombus show was great. Both bands were awesome. Funny thing: after the concert I ran into the crew of Sabaton who went to the concert with their drummer as well. Had a nice drink with them.

Awesome version of Spine of Gof (feat. American Pie by Don McLean). Great video:

Took these two pics (don't like to take my phone out too much during a concert)

bomlbus.jpg

monster.jpg

Setlist was: The Right Stuff
Dopes to Infinity
Look To Your Orb For The Warning
Twin Earth
I Live Behind The Clouds
Last Patrol
Spine of God / American Pie
End Of Time
Stay Tuned
Encore:
Three Kingfishers
Tractor
Space Lord

All in all an awesome concert.

I love that someone started a thread like this
Any Crobot fans here? Saw them open for Clutch and The Sword and they crushed it live. Real good groove to their stuff

Never listend to them before, but I like what I hear here. They play a show here this sunday with black tusk and black label society. Might end up going.

Also: this is clearly the best thread in this forum section.

Edited by st0n3r
  • Like 1

Has anyone seen the band Sleep live? I have a chance to see them when I'm visiting Denver in April. The show is on 4/19 so they plan to go on at midnight for 4/20. That's kinda dumb but whatever. I'm just wondering if it's worth me staying an extra day for.

I do love High on Fire. Sleep you kinda have to be in the right mood, namely the 4/20 mood.

Has anyone seen the band Sleep live? I have a chance to see them when I'm visiting Denver in April. The show is on 4/19 so they plan to go on at midnight for 4/20. That's kinda dumb but whatever. I'm just wondering if it's worth me staying an extra day for.

I do love High on Fire. Sleep you kinda have to be in the right mood, namely the 4/20 mood.

You'll be in Colorado. Why wouldn't you be in a 420 mood? :D

It's probably not a coincidence that they play there, that date.

Edited by CheapJon

You'll be in Colorado. Why wouldn't you be in a 420 mood? :D

It's probably not a coincidence that they play there, that date.

definitely not a coincidence, nor is it that they go on at midnight as it turns 4/20. I have no problem with the habit and indulge myself here and there, but I don't think the whole 4/20 culture/celebration thing is really good for anyone.

Anyway, I probably will stick around for the show but if anyone reads this and has seen Sleep live, let me know if you think they're worth checking out. thanks!

Edited by bt88

I'm not sure if this is more appropriate here or the metal thread, I think here. But anyway, Torche's new album came out. They're basically a sludge metal band with hooky choruses and they pull it off surprisingly well. Their music is somehow upbeat, like makes you wanna tap your foot, but also really heavy. They have a good live reputation and I'm finding this record to be quite addictive

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! LOVE the truck! I saw them open for Clutch once, GNR once and then they're own show. As my friend put it "they looked like they were playing for their lives Like if they had a bad show a king would have them executed.' They are so good live. Though I still prefer the brown EP to the full LP.

On a personal note they live like an hour from where I live so they are always put on bills as the openers. Always happy to see the Truck. Nice bring!

• 3 months later...

Yes! LOVE the truck! I saw them open for Clutch once, GNR once and then they're own show. As my friend put it "they looked like they were playing for their lives Like if they had a bad show a king would have them executed.' They are so good live. Though I still prefer the brown EP to the full LP.

On a personal note they live like an hour from where I live so they are always put on bills as the openers. Always happy to see the Truck. Nice bring!

Monster Truck are awesome! I saw them open for Alice In Chains, and my brother saw them open for Slash, he was the one who told me about them actually. I agree the Brown EP is their best, I've got that on CD and the Don't Fuck With The Truck Collection vinyl and play that a fair bit. Had tickets to see them a second time in Vancouver but couldn't make it over :(

Here's my contribution to the thread:

also, because it's great: