Sweet Canadian O' Mine

So this happened...

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/12/09/sweet-child-o-mine-pm-rocks-out-at-conservative-xmas-party/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oe3Y9aQ4Qc

Yep, that's Canada's current Prime Minister Stephen Harper butchering covering SCOM the other night...

Sincerely,

Canada :)

Axl at 62 will sung like this

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. DJ Ashba on lead guitar!"

well the guitarist is at least on key and know how to play the intro riff (unlike Ashba)

How did it go again? "He sounds bad cause youtube distorts his vocals. If you would've been there, it would've sounded different."

But seriously, that was pretty good. Especially when you consider the fact that he's not a professional musician.

They actually turned it into an okay performance and mellowed the song out nicely. The only part that kind of sucked was his vocals on the outro.

Yeah, it's not great, but considering the guy runs an actual country (and a good one, might I add) for his day job I suppose we should give him a pass.

He's an arrogant knob. He's a great politician too. Not in the sense that his policies benefit most Canadians, but in the sense that he's good at politics: spinning and controlling the narrative.

Back in the Reform/Canadian Alliance days, when the narrative was: "One day soon, we'll take back control from the baby killing, gay loving liberals, and install ourselves as puppets of Jesus from now until the Rapture, which is about to happen!", this shit would have never flew. Can you imagine?!

But then somehow, they got a minority gov't. To get a majority though, they'd have to drop the whole moralistic/christian/700 club stuff. So they did. People have short memories, and they're also succeptiable to good marketing and the occult arts of "branding". A couple of years later, they had their majority. The evangelical base waited for them to make their big reveal - to go back to talking about Family Values and making veiled allusions to the Rapture. But it never happened.

Everything this guy does is calculated. He won't give impromptu interviews to the media, but he starts a cover band? I guarantee there was a conversation about how playing SCOM would increase his likablity among certain demos.

• Like 1

He's an arrogant knob. He's a great politician too. Not in the sense that his policies benefit most Canadians, but in the sense that he's good at politics: spinning and controlling the narrative.

Back in the Reform/Canadian Alliance days, when the narrative was: "One day soon, we'll take back control from the baby killing, gay loving liberals, and install ourselves as puppets of Jesus from now until the Rapture, which is about to happen!", this shit would have never flew. Can you imagine?!

But then somehow, they got a minority gov't. To get a majority though, they'd have to drop the whole moralistic/christian/700 club stuff. So they did. People have short memories, and they're also succeptiable to good marketing and the occult arts of "branding". A couple of years later, they had their majority. The evangelical base waited for them to make their big reveal - to go back to talking about Family Values and making veiled allusions to the Rapture. But it never happened.

Everything this guy does is calculated. He won't give impromptu interviews to the media, but he starts a cover band? I guarantee there was a conversation about how playing SCOM would increase his likablity among certain demos.

Bingo