That hip Indie/Electronic/Folk scene

Jakey Styley

I don't listen to these guys, but artists like Alt-J and Bon Iver are cited as the favorite artists by the more..."intellectual" music listeners of today, like, the kids who don't listen to pop or rap and aren't into older rock (hipsters, if you will), these are the artists they consider to be the best and most talented of today. I was just wondering if anyone here is into this kind of music, and if there's something they have to offer that I haven't discovered yet, because so far I think they kinda suck. Their music lacks any kind of emotion or hard hitting melodies, it just seems to run on and on with nothing to catch me.

The Hip Indie Electronic Folk scene? Ooooooooookay! :lol:

I threw hip in there sorta jokingly, by indie/electronic/folk is right on the money with how the two artists i posted are described.

Alt-J's first album is great. Their second album (the song you linked) kinda sucks though.

Bon Iver is fantastic as well, really great chill folk music

I'll listen to some songs from that then. I'm trying to understand more of the appeal.