What Are Your All-Time Favorite Albums?

Bro-mero

One album? Really.

Are you going to nag me like that, only to completely ignore it when I spend several minutes making a list?

Actually it got me listening to Illmatic again to try and figure out what people love about it so much. Still felt drowsy once the first two songs were over. :lol: But yeah, sick list. I love all the others. I love my list and all but it's not as diverse as my taste as a whole. Whereas your's is even though it's a few .

Never pegged you as a Neil Young fan though.

I thought he wasa THE Neil Young fan. You just don't like Illmatic cuz he's got a relaxed flow. You can't seriously fault the rhyming, maybe its just not your style. To me it's raw, New York State of Mind is sick, just a grimy beat, Halftime, how can you fault that song, that Party and Bullshit type beat...and then The World Is Yours, it just has a feel that feels like Jazz almost. Thats kinda how that Nas type flow, that Rakim flow is, like a horn player over a beat...but measured. Lifes a Bitch is the same as The World Is Yours with that feel...and then One Love, Memory Lane, it's weird, it's hip hop but for some reason I've always equated it with Jazz...and thats in a complimentary sense, it just has the feeling of a horn player on a Sunday afternoon at it's core but it's just street shit really. I love it, Nas is one of the greatest rappers in the game and this is his best work and it deserves that accolade, it's really something. Out of interest do you like Rakim? I ask because their flows have similarites so it'd be interesting to see your response.

Radiohead - In Rainbows, OK Computer

Thrice - Vheissu, The Artist in the Ambulance

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

Nirvana - Nevermind

Eminem - The Eminem Show

In Flames - Reroute to Remain

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf

Explosions in the Sky - The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada

Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News

Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile

Protest the Hero - Fortress

Between the Buried and Me - Colors

Top 5, off the top:

1. Use Your Illusion I - Guns N' Roses

2. Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell - Meat Loaf

3. Devil's Playground - Billy Idol

4. The Dusty Foot Philosopher - K'naan

5. There Is No Enemy - Built to Spill

Might as well make it a top ten:

6. Monster - R.E.M.

7. The Seventh Seal - Rakim

8. Bat Out of Hell - Meat Loaf

9. Chinese Democracy - Guns N' Roses

10. Intriguer - Crowded House

If I had to really whittle it down to just one entry - if someone put a gun to my head and said, ''choose one album'' - it would probably be,

220px-Hereslittlerichard.jpeg

I think, at least within the rock/pop genre, that it is the greatest album ever made.

But what about Chuck? he pioneered much of the style of rock n' roll, and what I love about that type of music. He made many great albums that sound the same, but...whatever.

You've mentioned Izzy's Nightrain solo (I think it was you) that solo is just Chuck Berry riffs thrown together in a Stones/Izzy way.

But greatest album ever made? that's a toughie. I know I can't live without some Beatles, Hendrix albums and of course, Robert Johnson. You can take his entire body of work which is short, and just realizing what he did and how he made those recordings.

It's probably the greatest blues "album" ever made. And some Curtis Mayfield and Miles Davis and that deaf German fellow and Albert King.

Btw, I don't care what anybody says, AFD is a hard rock masterpiece and it's one of the best hard rock albums ever created.

Edited by Rovim

RIGHT NOW, I'd say...

1- Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

2- Wolfmother - Cosmic Egg

3- Wolfmother - Wolfmother

4- Black Sabbath - Sabotage

5- Wolfmother - New Crown

6- Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

8- Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

9- KISS - Destroyer

10 - Gorillaz - Demon Days

If I had to really whittle it down to just one entry - if someone put a gun to my head and said, ''choose one album'' - it would probably be,

220px-Hereslittlerichard.jpeg

I think, at least within the rock/pop genre, that it is the greatest album ever made.

But what about Chuck? he pioneered much of the style of rock n' roll, and what I love about that type of music. He made many great albums that sound the same, but...whatever.

You've mentioned Izzy's Nightrain solo (I think it was you) that solo is just Chuck Berry riffs thrown together in a Stones/Izzy way.

But greatest album ever made? that's a toughie. I know I can't live without some Beatles, Hendrix albums and of course, Robert Johnson. You can take his entire body of work which is short, and just realizing what he did and how he made those recordings.

It's probably the greatest blues "album" ever made. And some Curtis Mayfield and Miles Davis and that deaf German fellow and Albert King.

Btw, I don't care what anybody says, AFD is a hard rock masterpiece and it's one of the best hard rock albums ever created.

I couldn't agree more. Chuck Berry is probably my favourite rock n' roller ever ever, bar none. I just thing, as albums go, Little Richard's two have the edge. There are some filler on those five Chuck albums - still, Chuck's filler is 90% better than anything anybody else can put out. Chuck's strongest suite of music is probably, On Top. It is near perfect.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure both have more than two and five albums, respectively. So as to address that tidbit.

Classic albums?

The next two Little Richard albums were religious albums haha. He literally made two masterpieces, an alrightish album, then found god. In fairness, Chuck had one last great period, the St Louis to Liverpool album, Nadine, etc.

GNR ~ Appetite, UYI II

Fleetwood Mac ~ Rumours

Eagles ~ Hotel California

Kate Bush ~ Lionheart

Queen ~ A night at the opera

Sex Pistols ~Never mind the bollocks

Adam and the Ants ~ Kings of the wild frontier

Stevie Nicks ~ Bella Donna

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds ~ The boatman's call

The Cure ~ Three imaginary boys

hum, maybe I forgot a few...

• Like 2

i meant to do this a while back. let's see what i have off the top of my head in no order really, keeping it to 1 per artist

Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d. city

Kanye West - Yeezus

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

GZA the Genius - Liquid Swords

Dropkick Murphys - The Gang's All Here

Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run

State Radio - Year of the Crow

311 - Transistor

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

AC/DC - Highway to Hell

Rodriguez - Cold Fact

Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures

Muse - Origin of Symmetry

Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine