Songs that take you back.

Snake-Pit

My early years I pretty much listened to the entire catalog of Buddy Holly and Elvis because that's what my parents listened to. They bring back a lot of good memories.

My older sister wore out something like 3 LP copies of Bat Out Of Hell when I was little as well, so whenever I hear one of those songs, it takes me back.

The main one though is Every Rose Has It's Thorn. Pretty much the first song I remember being obsessed with as a kid. It was the first song I ever rang a radio request line for, and one of the first songs I learned on guitar.

That song had hands down the most disingenuous lyrics i have ever heard in my life. They could literally go on forever and are totally interchangeable ad infinitum.

thought i couldn't live without you but i'm livin

thought i couldn't sing without you but i'm singing

thought i couldn't dance without you but i'm dancing

thought i couldn't swim without you but im swimming

thought i couldn't take out a machine gun nest without you but i took it

thought i couldn't lick stamps without you but I'm licking

etc etc etc etc etc etc until you begin to gnaw at your own limbs :lol:

It's shitty cause she's dumb and don't have anything to say lyrically and even if she did her record company probably wouldn't use any of it cause stupid little girls and gays will not understand and or want it in their nice pick me up im a survivor! yes I am! me too! song. and it's not about who's got the biggest brain. It's beyonce shaking her ass while singing in front of your penis. That was the point of her before she got old and had a jazy.

It reminds me of those rap songs where each line ends in 'mang', usually from down south, it's be like...

'haters be hatin' mang

but we creating mang

cuz we da illest mang

and this the realest mang

and it's like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :lol: I don't think thats the idea behind being an MC or a rapper, just rhyming that same fuckin' word over and over and over again. Like the So Solid Crew:

Some of dem are slippin-A

Some of dem a grudge me-A

So Solid Vampi-YAH

See me on the telly-A

Face getting popu-LAR

And it's like :facepalm: we can all rap like that, just go AH at the end of every line :lol: Beyonce gets a pass for being the fittest bird ever born though!

Now that takes me back to Year 9...

As well as

Haling Manor