If you could see one now- defunct band, who would you choose?

ZoSoRose

It has to be somewhat plausible! Basically, key members have to be alive. So like, The Beatles or Jimi Hendrix Experience would be out. Old lineups also count (so you could say old GNR or Stones with Wyman and Taylor or something).

For me, it'd definitely be Led Zeppelin. I've been fortunate enough to see Robert Plant live twice, see Jimmy Page in person and give a speech, and have even seen Jason Bonham with his LZ Experience. Haven't seen Jones yet, but even if I have, seeing the 3 of them together playing would just be incredible for me. My insane dreaming has gone down significantly since I have now seen Jimmy in some form, but it'd still be a great event.

Second would be Pink Floyd. I saw Roger perform The Wall, which I thought would have been impossible. Visually and musically I am sure it was every bit as impressive as a Pink Floyd show, but it would have still been better to see Mason and Gilmour there too. If Gilmour + Mason, or the three of them ever got together for a full Floyd tour, I would do everything I could to be there.

Finally, classic GNR. I've seen the current lineup and all the original gang (minus Izzy). Hell, I was even at the HOF but seeing everyone on the same stage would be great. My interest here has gone down, but I'm sure if it happened it would hike right back up!

Rust in Peace era Megadeth for sure. These guys were top-notch musicians. Maybe they will reunite next year, since Megadeth has just lost both their drummer and bassist. Unfortunately Mustaine's voice will never have that high-pierced venom of what made that record so great again. Conclusion: Growing old FUCKING sucks.

That's a good one. Why is Morrissey such a dick about that? I don't know much of their history

Well they broke up kind of acrimoniously, Johnny Marr kinda up and (at least in Morrisseys mind) out of nowhere decided he didn't wanna be in The Smiths anymore. Then years later a massive court case went on in which Andy Rourke decided to sue the band, or rather Moz and Marr for unpaid monies, being as how they got the lions share cuz they were writer and composer respectively. They lost the case, Morrissey was deemed 'devious and trucculent' by the judge and basically since then he can't stand the lot of em. He's kinda OK with Marr but there's some issues there also. And also, he's a man of his word, he wanted to move forward and he did and doesn't see much point in going backwards...and really I agree with him. I don't think it's possible to get him in the same room as Rourke, can't say I blame him either, after that.

You can't really have Zeppelin without Bonham, and you can't really have Pink Floyd without Wright. But I get what you mean. I'd obviously be there if the 3 members of those bands announced a tour.

Most or all key members alive: Alice Cooper GROUP, Billy Joel BAND, original Whitesnake BAND, The Kinks, Talking Heads, Genesis, Grand Funk Railroad, original Journey band (pre-Perry), Procol Harum, the Raspberries, the Stones with Taylor and Wyman, Triumph.

GNR or KISS with original members, but those band members hate each other so much that I don't think there's ever a time where they would really be into it so it would probably suck. Also KISS has done it before, I was just too young to see it so thats not really their fault.

And new band: Jet.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

Same three as you Zoso, maybe not in that order though. It would be zep, gnr, then floyd. I would also add The Band of Gypsys to my list. The Experience would be good also, but IMO Gypsys were better. Honestly that is the one Hendrix album I almost always have some tracks from on my mp3 player.

Sorry just now read the OP..... :P

Edited by Mike420

That's a good one. Why is Morrissey such a dick about that? I don't know much of their history

Well they broke up kind of acrimoniously, Johnny Marr kinda up and (at least in Morrisseys mind) out of nowhere decided he didn't wanna be in The Smiths anymore. Then years later a massive court case went on in which Andy Rourke decided to sue the band, or rather Moz and Marr for unpaid monies, being as how they got the lions share cuz they were writer and composer respectively. They lost the case, Morrissey was deemed 'devious and trucculent' by the judge and basically since then he can't stand the lot of em. He's kinda OK with Marr but there's some issues there also. And also, he's a man of his word, he wanted to move forward and he did and doesn't see much point in going backwards...and really I agree with him. I don't think it's possible to get him in the same room as Rourke, can't say I blame him either, after that.

I'm sure Moz would be furious with Marr for doing a Smiths heavy setlist, but a lot of people want to hear him play those songs and he is an influence on a lot of players. But Mike Joyce after Morrissey's mother's house was pretty low.