what happened about evader ' s offer?

Thinking this is about me. I don't remember a thread. Nobody from GNR ever tried to contact me, nor would they. I'm not a musician or sound engineer. I'm just a hack who throws shit at the wall until something sticks, and I throw a lot of shit at the wall.

• Like 1

Thinking this is about me. I don't remember a thread. Nobody from GNR ever tried to contact me, nor would they. I'm not a musician or sound engineer. I'm just a hack who throws shit at the wall until something sticks, and I throw a lot of shit at the wall.

Nah man, you're good. A hack would be the creator of remixes like Better Gone, Blood in the Water, etc.

• Like 1

Earlier this year I handed a few members of the band a "Best Of Evader" bootleg. It had a case, cover etc. Pitman was very interested. Is that what you're talking about?

Im sure they were already aware of Evader's work before that, though.

Edited by ManetsBR

The thread was like he had been contacted and in a good way and said details would be posted later. But anyway the guy in this thread that says he's evader to you I say good work man. Your remixes are better than the originals. I would search for the thread but I don't see a search bar on here like there used to be.

Edited by gnfnrs1972

Please keep throwing your shit against the wall, it's great shit man.

Yeah, your Silkworms doohickey was the best I've heard yet. Background vocals in the chorus sounded real at first!

They are real. Just borrowed and rearranged bits from CD and Better, I think.

I'm not a musician or sound engineer.

You should consider to be one then. Your work is great for a "hack".

Much appreciated. I assume you are talking about the 'sound engineer' thing since I still need sticky notes to tell me what notes are what on my piano and acoustic guitar.

Evader since you are here did you remix This I Love with drums more guitars and bass throughout the whole song?

Yes. Numerous times, numerous versions.

Your version of Silkworms was brilliant to me. I loved it and would like to have an MP3 version of it.

I'll try to remember to send you a pm with a link tomorrow. Want the long intro or abbreviated?

AIO and Softie, thanks. I'll probably keep throwing shit at the wall. It can be quite entertaining at times.

• Like 1

Hey man, I don't know who you are or what you do or what this is about but I wanted to compliment this post. Modesty, self deprecation, and being humble are far too rarely seen nowadays. So in the internet world were false bravado and chest puffing seem to rule this was a breath of fresh air.

Cheers :popcorn: < that was to be a guy holding up a drink, this is the closest I could find.